RIP Joe

owndjoo

We lost a good buddy this weekend... Evidently some dumb driver swerved over and slammed on the brakes  to turn into the Tim hortons drive, cutting Joe off. 

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/10/man-killed-in-mortocycle-crash.html#

RIP rider.   Of course the news report states he struck the turning car, not that the car had swerved in front of him.   People just don't look to be sure they can make a turn, they just react when they see a gap in traffic :nono:

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

RIP rider.   Of course the news report states he struck the turning car, not that the car had swerved in front of him.   People just don't look to be sure they can make a turn, they just react when they see a gap in traffic :nono:

The media is so biased against so many groups I don't see how there's any audience left.

The media is a f'ing joke anymore, that is why I don't watch the news or any other media outlet.  It's not about facts, just shock, drama, and ratings.  When you read this they make the rider the one at fault for an asshat pulling out in front of him.  Similar to the state trooper story when a trooper with no lights pulled right out in front of a rider who t-boned the car and died.  The media made it sound like the rider was at fault.  Just sad, RIP brother!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

RIP rider, God speed.

I don't know if I should post this.  Don't ban me pls.  This is purely information for those who have problems with the wording of the news report etc...    The bike was found at fault.  3 witnesses all said the bike cut between two cars waiting a red light and went through the intersection at high speed as it turned green.  The turning car saw the oncoming cars stopped at a red light just a couple hundred feet away and began her turn at a safe moment, but then the bike came through the intersection at full speed.  The accident report puts no blame on the left-turning driver and instead lists 'unsafe speed' of the bike as the only contributing factor in the accident.

I hate posting this, and I'm not trying to say bad stuff about the rider, and my heart goes out to his family.  Just trying to help people understand why the news report is worded as he "crashed into the side of a turning car" rather than "was cut off by a turning car".  There is a reason for that.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 3