Epic Ride Video and Picture Thread

DerekClouser

2 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Yes sir, have done this in my truck several times.  Usually feel/hear a chirp of the tires, then a whirring sound once the abs pump kicks in.  My focus was entirely on where I was wanting to go instead of how the bike felt while I was going there, especially with Chad screeching past me on the right.   All worked out, and luckily without further incident from our group as we all got stopped.   I agree in needing to test the feel of the ABS as I've never owned a bike equipped before, and obviously plan to do this in a controlled environment vs hoping it works as intended when I demand a need for it.

And you might not have needed to hit them that hard...you were in a corner.  Hard braking stands the bike up...you had to balance stopping and turning.  ABS in a corner is less reliable since it won't totally keep the tire from sliding sideways.  It helps, but it is best in a straight line.

Obviously you did it right.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tonik said:

And you might not have needed to hit them that hard...you were in a corner.  Hard braking stands the bike up...you had to balance stopping and turning.  ABS in a corner is less reliable since it won't totally keep the tire from sliding sideways.  It helps, but it is best in a straight line.

Obviously you did it right.

Tracktime taught me that hard braking in a panic is best done upright.  As soon as I caught sight of the truck, my bike was up and on the binders before swerving around the truck

6 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Tracktime taught me that hard braking in a panic is best done upright.  As soon as I caught sight of the truck, my bike was up and on the binders before swerving around the truck

THE TRACTION-PIE ANALOGY, Learn it, Love it, Live It.:)

Well done Gent's.

thinking of keeping the video fresh and clean with no edits and music,  some were nice to intro themselves, got some bike sounds okay, mostly just wind and back ground noise and people banter. But overall I am thinking I can put together a video which might capture the essence of the day. As if, .. if you were there how you would have experienced the day.

1.keepitt Rawww Brooo ?

2.  or add some music and stuff and make it look "cool" /funky/ and artsy etc? 

I am guessing majority of OR is for GoOriginal as we are not posers right .. right? :D

33 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

thinking of keeping the video fresh and clean with no edits and music,  some were nice to intro themselves, got some bike sounds okay, mostly just wind and back ground noise and people banter. But overall I am thinking I can put together a video which might capture the essence of the day. As if, .. if you were there how you would have experienced the day.

1.keepitt Rawww Brooo ?

I am guessing majority of OR is for GoOriginal as we are not posers right .. right? :D

I am for one.  Maybe some lite back ground music in the dead air of sounds. 

43 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

1.keepitt Rawww Brooo ?

Keep it raw

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

1.keepitt Rawww Brooo ?

Do what you think is best.  I know people love the raw sounds and people love music, so I've seen a lot of people recently putting in music but lowering the music to just a nice soft background noise and letting the raw sounds supersede everything.  Best of both worlds.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

1.keepitt Rawww Brooo ?

Just make sure it puts me in the mood. ;) Music that fits often enhances those kinds of videos. Maybe have some music for when you are going through the lot looking at bikes and such, and leave some sound for some of the riding clips?

25 minutes ago, Tonik said:

How about you asshats that want music turn off the youtube volume and stream what ever gay crap you listen too.  Makes everyone happy.

Shutup Grandpa. MUZIK 4 LYFE

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

Do what you think is best.  I know people love the raw sounds and people love music, so I've seen a lot of people recently putting in music but lowering the music to just a nice soft background noise and letting the raw sounds supersede everything.  Best of both worlds.

yea I used to do this couple of years ago when I put in exhaust for VFR, that bought out the sound of bike very nicely that even a small background music didn't hurt the video. Then never could do it and all the bike sounds (vstrom is silent and sound sux ) are drowned by wind.

this is me and @jacobhawkins 2 yrs ago when I came down from Michigan on a rainy day lol bumped music higher sort of to match the mood of cloudy rainy day

Am thinking sort of keeping it as such and see how the video turns out, when I looked through some clip it kinda bought me back to that day. Hope you guys get the same feel and that's why I thought may be keep it clean as much as possible.  I might have to use some mix in between for some part which has horrible contaminated background. :(

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

that was a great pic from jammie, very nice. At one time I was hoping most OR would make this a trend and go to bucket and take pic and start posting in one thread.

anyways, I am borderline Asian, Jacob is borderline hippie, it was borderline rainy and moody, perfect ride to mix with some shamisen sound :D   well problem with mixing music is every one has a taste like every one has an opinion. :( no two people ( esp in OR) likes the same stuff. that's the advantage of keeping raw as well. Nobody will be like " what kinda freaking sheet bomb music is this "

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

that was a great pic from jammie, very nice. At one time I was hoping most OR would make this a trend and go to bucket and take pic and start posting in one thread.

anyways, I am borderline Asian, Jacob is borderline hippie, it was borderline rainy and moody, perfect ride to mix with some shamisen sound :D   well problem with mixing music is every one has a taste like every one has an opinion. :( no two people ( esp in OR) likes the same stuff. that's the advantage of keeping raw as well. Nobody will be like " what kinda freaking sheet bomb music is this "

Borderline hippie?!  I'll show you my old license sometime...  I was the only lib in my machine shop for the last 4 years, new guy is libertarian, I'll take what I can get!  haha

Edited by jacobhawkins

24 minutes ago, 6rMark said:

The title of this says official picture/ video thread, not sure if its still that or im just late, but heres the exciting parts from my trip. Enjoy!

IMG_3469.mov

Pretty nice view there bro!  I like it! Might have to put my second camera there as well and test it both ways forwards and backwards. 

40 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Pretty nice view there bro!  I like it! Might have to put my second camera there as well and test it both ways forwards and backwards. 

Yeah I like that spot! Backwards is a really cool view too, I definately recommend it!

14 hours ago, what said:

Nice one Derek.

What do you use to cut down on wind noise btw? Been researching options. 

An external mic placed inside my helmet.   I dremel'ed out the case and use a gopro usb to 3.5mm adapter to the drift microphone placed inside the helmet. Allows me to capture voice as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic