Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

Lodging booked for 3 of the hot dudes in this thread. I'll leave it to you all to guess who I'm talking about. 

Also, I may say fuck it, head down Monday the 5th and stay in a cheaper place for 2 nights depending on what work looks like that week. Anyone else planning on going early? I think I've decided to trailer both the Triumph and the SV down and ride the piss out of the SV for a couple of the days. Gotta enjoy that new suspension setup. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Got my vacation time submitted today. Friday the 2nd through Sunday the 11th.

damn you're going all-in eh?

are you riding straight down to DG or are you taking the super scenic route with your extra days?

7 minutes ago, what said:

damn you're going all-in eh?

are you riding straight down to DG or are you taking the super scenic route with your extra days?

Going west to Louisville, then over to Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, then to Nashville and over to Fontana on Wednesday.

I think we will hit Indiana and Illinois as well.

Edited by JustinNck1

6 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Going west to Louisville, then over to Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, then to Nashville and over to Fontana on Wednesday.

I think we will hit Indiana and Illinois as well.

How you dont need a day off the bike before a day of work is beyond me lol

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I also sit at a desk.

I need a day of rest after a trip like that lol. Also, laundry.

I can make it from the cabin to the house in 4 hours, so I am home by lunch time on Sunday. Gives me the whole afternoon to get everything unpacked and relax. Then finish the evening with the hot tub. Feel great the next day.

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I can make it from the cabin to the house in 4 hours, so I am home by lunch time on Sunday. Gives me the whole afternoon to get everything unpacked and relax. Then finish the evening with the hot tub. Feel great the next day.

Oh you sob.

It's a full day for my cleveland living ass. :cry:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

I know haha, just taking a shot at you since I was on the first one and it wasnt mentioned :cry:

The June Gap trip was a ton of fun too. It was my first OR Gap Trip and it was cool to meet everyone. I can't wait to get back there again.

I'd do 4 or 5 gap trips a year if I had the time off. I wonder how many times I could take unpaid weeks off work before my employer started to get angry. 

Time to start looking for property down there. Should be cheap following all the fires :\

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

The June Gap trip was a ton of fun too. It was my first OR Gap Trip and it was cool to meet everyone. I can't wait to get back there again.

You want to get lost again this year, I'm sure to make some more wrong turns LOL

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I was down there 5 times last year, 3 times on the bike, once in the car with the mrs, and once in the Tahoe with the whole famn damily. 

Pretty sure only 3 of those 5 count for anything.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Casper said:

Pretty sure only 3 of those 5 count for anything.

Even though the bike was at home we thoroughly enjoyed the times in the cages. Awesome watching the kids freak out when they thought we were lost on some forest service roads. Well because we were lost..lol

3 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

When I'm down there in the car I have lots of fun chasing down sportbikes. I can drive better than I can ride. :eek: 

I'm way faster going through the Gap in a 4 wheeled vehicle than my motorcycle. I have more fun on the bike though.

30 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

When I'm down there in the car I have lots of fun chasing down sportbikes. I can drive better than I can ride. :eek: 

Same here I'm rollin in a fully loaded down full size SUV probably around 6500lbs with occupants and luggage. Had several sporty bikes pull off for me on the dragon, but those damn HD guys still don't get it.  Then again I tailgated some sporty bikes all the way down 28 on the way to Franklin, so guess it's not just the HD guys.

Last time we had the wife's car down I was in a 4 wheel slide in a lot of the dragon corners, made a terrible sound,  but never left my lane. Oh yea made the boy puke twice so it was good times.. :lol: