Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

2 minutes ago, Danimal said:

let me be more clear.

Some of the roads I took would not have been passable with street tires. Was even difficult with TKC80s.

You folks are the biggest bunch of non-committing wishy washy trip planners out there....being led by Pauly ("I plan on doing some camping"...."I doubt I'll camp")

Hmm... Those dont sound like roads. Maybe I need to reconsider my expectations. I know you are a considerably more skilled rider than I am. 

Maybe I should get Pauly to spoon some TKCs on the bike before the trip, or I could get off my duff and do the work myself. 

And yes I resemble that description for trip planning. I don't usually get to plan that far ahead and most of my time is not my own. 

I will work out the permissions over christmas and start my planning, however I will not be able to do a 2 week trip, it will be more like 5-6 days total.

14 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Why don't you buy Dan's SV and come down for this? Oh, that's right. You're going to see Roy Orbison or some shit like that. 

To be fair, it would be tough for Dan to haul a pool table around South America. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Why don't you buy Dan's SV and come down for this? Oh, that's right. You're going to see Roy Orbison or some shit like that. 

Tom Petty

and I wasn't being a dick. I've heard you say tons of times you need a couch and a shower on motorcycle trips 

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2016 at 7:14 AM, Bad324 said:

...and the fz6 I had my eye on that was a total deal sold.

Here ya go, @Bad324.  2005 FZ6 for $1400.  Even says he'll take ANYTHING in trade!!!  Thinkin' maybe a pool table?

clean bike 
has some scratches and missing right mirror 
priced to move fast 
will deliver it up to 100 miles for $100 
will take anything towards trade 
will take payment and hold it till tax returns come
on the eastside of cincinnati 
email for more pictures and details

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/5917161984.html

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

Here ya go, @Bad324.  2005 FZ6 for $1400.  Even says he'll take ANYTHING in trade!!!  Thinkin' maybe a pool table?

clean bike 
has some scratches and missing right mirror 
priced to move fast 
will deliver it up to 100 miles for $100 
will take anything towards trade 
will take payment and hold it till tax returns come
on the eastside of cincinnati 
email for more pictures and details

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/5917161984.html

and he now has an email!

If some small miracle happens where he trades me this bike for the pool table and the guy that needs to get rid of the Camaro badly both accept my offers it could be the best Christmas ever

Edited by Bad324

4 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

and he now has an email!

If some small miracle happens where he trades me this bike for the pool table and the guy that needs to get rid of the Camaro badly both accept my offers it could be the best Christmas ever

Hope this works out for you, it's about time. 

On December 11, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Bad324 said:

Dead serious. I've been waiting for this for like 6 years now. Also since my Dad and his sugar momma are buying them I have a shot at getting the all access pass and front row seats 

and the fz6 I had my eye on that was a total deal sold. 

And I've got 2 cars that I'm slow playing who are being forced to sell and assuming one of them is going to get desperate and take my offer

http://sportbikes4hire.com/smoky-mountain-rentals-2/smoky-mountain-motorcycles/

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Bad324 said:

and he now has an email!

18 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Hope this works out for you, it's about time. 

It's Ricers Edge and they offered me $300 for the table so unfortunately no luck there!

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

@Bad324, you can borrow the Multistrada, but you have to ride it. I've seen what happens to bikes you tie down. 

hey now, it was only a slightly bent helibar and that was before I had the Baxley. Also, if the gd VROD wasn't so huge it wouldn't have been an issue.

25 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Why don't you buy Dan's SV650? If I was looking, I'd give $1800 for that bike. It's sorted well and runs great. 

His SV has the same ergos as my street triple, it might even been a bit more upright. 

32 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Why don't you buy Dan's SV650? If I was looking, I'd give $1800 for that bike. It's sorted well and runs great. 

I love it and would but honestly it's the same reason why I even sold the VFR in the first place and now would prefer to get a Mullet machine instead if I'm going to spend cash.

24 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I love it and would but honestly it's the same reason why I even sold the VFR in the first place and now would prefer to get a Mullet machine instead if I'm going to spend cash.

Trust me, as someone who is neck deep in an ls build, a car will cost you more in the long run with less fun IMO. The novelty of owning it will die off fast. 4th gen f-bodys are getting to the age where problems are gonna keep you busy, especially if you find one that affordable.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:49 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

If I go, I'll be rolling down WV-16 and then somehow I'll make it to Fontana from Marion. Maybe the BRP. Hard to say right meow. 

I may take 23 the whole way down, too. I've never been on that road. Heard it's not very twisty, but the views are worth the ride. 

I doubt I'll camp, so I'm looking for a couch upon which to crash. If @Tpoppa is going to make the trip, he knows what I like. 

23 isn't that good. I rode it through southern Ohio and part of Kentucky, this fall. I had been told that it was nice, I thought it sucked. 16 is the way to go.

Edited by Howabusa
  • Upvote 1