Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

10 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Your domestication is coming along nicely. Enjoy your minivan. Er, I mean "Firebird". :lol: 

She only gets a minivan if we can get rid of the Terrain. A minivan can tow and would be cheaper so I'm fine with it since it's her vehicle and not mine 

On 12/9/2016 at 3:04 PM, Bad324 said:

Well my outside shot of making this again is "Down with the Torpedoes"

Just found out my Christmas present is tickets on June 10th for Tom Petty's probable last tour

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, are you serious? 

• Upvote 1

\

On 12/9/2016 at 5:04 PM, Bad324 said:

Well my outside shot of making this again is "Down with the Torpedoes"

Just found out my Christmas present is tickets on June 10th for Tom Petty's probable last tour

What will you be thinking about when these songs are played?

"It's Good to be King"

"No I won't back Down"

"Freeeee Falllin"

"Running Down a Dream"

"You Wreck Me Baby"

"Love is a Long Road"

"Even the Losers"

"Into the Great Wide Open"

6 hours ago, Casper said:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, are you serious? 

Dead serious. I've been waiting for this for like 6 years now. Also since my Dad and his sugar momma are buying them I have a shot at getting the all access pass and front row seats 

and the fz6 I had my eye on that was a total deal sold. 

And I've got 2 cars that I'm slow playing who are being forced to sell and assuming one of them is going to get desperate and take my offer

Edited by Bad324

On 12/9/2016 at 4:37 PM, Danimal said:

Need to get my vacation time scheduled for this.

Want to do a multi-week camping trip again on Chinabike, meeting yoose folks down there.

Anyone else here on OR would consider DS riding on this trip, as much off road/dirt/gravel on the way down and back as possible? Say 3 days down, whatever time done there (shit ton of dirt road in Smokys) and then 3 days back?

I'm not 100% sure I will be down there for this but if I am it will be on the DRZ400SM and I will be looking to explore the dirty roads in the Smokies. 

I will ofcourse be on sporty tires but that just makes it more fun (unless really muddy :( ). 

I doubt I can get enough days off to do mostly dirt there and back. was probably going to do 1.5 days down and back on 2 lane roads. If things change and I can take the extra time I will let you know. 

Craig

Right now there is 3 of us doing the Ozark weekend before this trip (myself, @JustinNck1, @Namdum68) so it would be nice to have a even number to split rooms for every one but not a requirement. I'll be plotting the route and stops over the holidays when I have the time to sit a plan it. Be some heavy mileage days so if you can't handle that no need apply. Also like to get some cabin mates lined up and get one booked for Fontana over the Holidays as well.

6 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Right now there is 3 of us doing the Ozark weekend before this trip (myself, @JustinNck1, @Namdum68) so it would be nice to have a even number to split rooms for every one but not a requirement. I'll be plotting the route and stops over the holidays when I have the time to sit a plan it. Be some heavy mileage days so if you can't handle that no need apply. Also like to get some cabin mates lined up and get one booked for Fontana over the Holidays as well.

So our unofficial cabin roster looks to be the following.

@JustinNck1

@2talltim

@what

@Namdum68

Just now, Al Z. Heimer said:

Tim I may have missed it but do you have a departure date set for this yet? I am interested.

Yes but it's kind of a split departure date. We are going to meet somewhere in Western Kentucky the night of Friday June 2nd, probably somewhere east of, or in Louisville. Then depart as a group from there Saturday morning. So the choice is meet up at the hotel Friday night(june 2nd) for a nights stay(which hasent been determined where yet). Or meet up Saturday morning probably at a breakfast spot (TBD)somewhere in or near Louisville. Might even be some where between Louisville and Florance, haven't ironed that out yet. Then Saturday will be making our way towards the Ozarks(try to avoid some freeway but will still be strait roads). Sunday and Monday playing around in the Ozarks working our way south towards Natchez Mississippi. Tuesday work our way north on the Natchez Trace Parkway towards Nashville. Wednesday Nashville area to Fontana avoiding as much freeway as possible.    That's the bones of the trip, like I said still ironing things out and will start it's own thread when I do.

14 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Let me know Craig. You'll need two weeks to do the trip I have in mind.

And for tires, you should get something with some off-roadiness.

Probably not 2 weeks for me. We will have to hook up for a day or 2 of dirty rides near base camp.

I know I "should" put on some TKCs or similar, however what is the fun in that. Inappropriate tires make it more interesting. Kind of like riding a sumo on a multi 300+ mile trip with sport touring bikes. Or leading the trip with a fat cruiser :D

So far I have found I am much more confident with the DRZ on slicks off the pavement than I ever was with the Vstrom, even with much more aggressive tires. I'm sure I will hold you up even more offroad than I did on the pavement, so just send me some tracks before the trip and promise to come looking for me if I don't get back to Fontana before dark :D