Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

Great day of riding, Ohio really invaded deals gap. Every where u go u meet some one :) 

Day started with meeting Andy @what around noon and then the rest of the day riding together 

passed @Hellmutt and @snot in dragon, just few minutes difference and we could have actually really met. Next time 

down at the store met @theroamr he went off solo hauling a ton of baggage

down at other end of skyway passed @Connie14 and @JustinNck1 , again missed you guys by few minutes. 

At telico planes finally low and behold big brother hug @2talltim and @Namdum68 

We been trying to come up with a plan to meet up and always fail, And  on the way back up in 129 quite randomly ran across @durk in front of the dragon Pitt 

overall outstanding day, nice to meet and come across you folks, beautiful riding weather, roads remaining clean and fresh as always. Didn't stop much to take pics. If it was not raining would have tried to rent another day and meet some more of you ohianoids. Any ways I always thought a good day ride is when u get back home safe. Today I realized a better day ride is when u return the rental and clear the deposit after putting that bike through some pace :D

till next year folks, ride safe come back to Ohio with your bike body and license okay 

now to fight the urge not to buy a striple hehe 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Tonik said:

Last I heard you were going tomorrow morning. Mornings are fine.

Oh SURE....."mornings are fine"....of course they are....we hit it about 2pm.  It is sweet scenery though following the river/falls.

On June 6, 2017 at 10:02 PM, DerekClouser said:

Have fun guys!!! Just got back from the Gap myself.  

Warning - Police presence was pretty high.  Ran from em' once and hit by a NC state trooper another day for 84 in a 50.

get ready for the Vaseline I got reamed out last year for the same thing cost me $600to700 got it down to equipment violation & got zero points get a lawyer 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Tonik said:

And he is still in bed. F' him, we are rolling. I cleaned @OsuMj 's windshield. Not @Casper 's

Rule #7 on the Gap Trip: Never count on @Casper to be awake in time to leave when you want to leave to make a full day of it :lol:

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

Rule #7 on the Gap Trip: Never count on @Casper to be awake in time to leave when you want to leave to make a full day of it :lol:

Should be rule #1. Rule #2 should be don't give Ben bourbon and apple pie if you want him up on time. 

• Upvote 3

We just cut through South Carolina and stopped in Blairsville GA for a break before hitting Blood Mtn.  Wanted to wait for @Isaac's Papa this morning, but we had to roll out to make it back before dark...sorry Pauly.  We ride to Mount Mitchell tomorrow, so hopefully you can join us then?

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

Just got back from a couple passes on Deals Gap and lunch at the gap store. @what and I are at the cabin and @2talltim went to Wheeler's for a rear tire.

Stopped by the cabin, knocked, no answer. Going to hang out at the store for a while. Call or stop by or something.

Only had maybe 300 miles left in it. 3200 miles and she was almost gone. New rubber at wheelers, took care of me at a good price as usual. Wanted to just get it today because he always hets busy on the weekend. 

20170608_132458.thumb.jpg.e46ee6ae4ba2ecf3d998a66bb855a6d0.jpg