Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

In Kentucky now, heading for Columbus. Probably stop somewhere on the way. Don't need to be in town until Tuesday. 

To everyone on the ride, you were awesome. 

@Tonik, @Killer_kaw, @Casper, @OsuMj, @snot, @Hellmutt, @2talltim and @Danimal you were all especially awesome to hang with.

Andy was too, but I can't remember his handle!

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, nebbish said:

To everyone on the ride, you were awesome. 

@Tonik, @Killer_kaw, @Casper, @OsuMj, @snot, @Hellmutt, @2talltim and @Danimal you were all especially awesome to hang with.

Andy was too, but I can't remember his handle!

Andy's handle is @what.  Good to meet you man, and thanks again for paying the tab at Wildwood Friday evening.  Really appreciate it

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

400+ miles today. Every stitch was backroad. Every last second was a complete hoot. North Carolina roads don't even rate with Kentucky. It's been about five years since I've been on KY-80, 550, 7 & 404. That's way too long. Goddamn!! That's a good ride. That stretch of Kentucky asphalt is so fucking good that I didn't even give a shit if I went to jail today. We blew past a few LEOs today and I was certain they were hitting their woo-woo lights. I had to talk myself into choosing to not WOT if they did turn around for us. I know we were double the limit on 550 when that sherrif pulled up to the side street intersection. I blew by that cop and I FUCKING WAVED AT HIM in a manner that suggested I will make him earn that bust the hard way. Just two hooligans wreaking havoc on the driving public for 400 miles. Not one road I've ridden in NC or GA comes close to 550. 

Stayed at Jenny Wiley state park. Took a cold shower. Had some fried catfish. Sitting on my 2nd floor porch overlooking the water and just destroyed a joint by myself. Tony is passed the fuck out. Lol

Best ride I've had in a long time. Might be the best so far, honeslty. 80 miles of full-on Busch League Isle of Man riding. GA-60 sucks in comparison. Not even kidding. It's like the stretch of 28 between 74 & Franklin, except more room to setup for the corners because none of them are blind. Wider road and you can see almost every exit at entry. That means you can commit incarceration-level felonies for 80 miles. Also, elevation changes the whole way. Cliff faces just a few feet from the road. Driveways everywhere. One fuck up and WHAM!! Didn't care. Hauled ass. Didn't blow a single corner. The road begs to be ridden fast. It's almost the perfect motorcycling road. All it needs is banking in the corners. 

Two-thousand some miles so far. One more day to go. Gonna listen to the woods a few more minutes and then I'll grab a map and plan tomorrow's route home.

Incredible day. 80 miles of DOT sponsored racetrack. I will hit this loop every year from now until I die. 

20170611_075212.jpg

20170611_075152.jpg

Green w/ envy here.  I'm in for next year if at all possible.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, what said:

Some fun from Friday.

**Video is unlisted/not public, this is the only way to view it. My speedo is broken and it's in KPH. :p 

Nice riding and capture, it always amazed me how good your sound came out with minimal buffet on that naked bike, just the right position behind that Minu screen I guess. Those double lanes always confuses me, some times in double mind whtr to use both or stick to one. :) 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Great weekend!

It was good seeing friends, old and new. I write this as I sit at Tuskeegee Motel, planning a 300 mile route for tomorrow. Got the requisite 'Dragon pictures' ride completed this morning, followed by a little pool time.

I love having my wife down here, but I'm beginning to think I'm missing out by trailering....especially when I have a rolling couch capable of pulling 1 G of acceleration and 1 lateral G cornering.

Maybe I'll find a way to make the trip on the bike next year.

Anyway, good seeing everyone. Hope you all make/ made it home safely.

• Upvote 4