Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

16 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

The VFR is 100% ready to go.

Today, I'm making a big batch of beef jerky to take with me.  

want to put the recipe in the Food Pr0n thread? :D  I wanna try making some for my upcoming road trip to the Outer Banks in a few weeks

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Yea, I had to get the info from Matt.  I think Casper is trying to ditch me. Same plan for me, mostly slab to Boon Wednesday, going to try and hit 16 from Beckley to Marion if I get out of work at a decent time.  FYI, I am peeling off in Cherokee and heading to Franklin for Blue Crab Bisque on Thursday.

Let me know if they actually pick a hotel in Boone.  :)

I believe the plan is the Hampton Inn in Boone. I want to meet up with you for a sampling party. :) 

Are you getting your part today?

55 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

I believe the plan is the Hampton Inn in Boone. I want to meet up with you for a sampling party. :) 

Are you getting your part today?

I was pulling into their parking lot when you posted this.  Got 'em. :banana:   They look real good, not used too much so I am very hopeful.  Will put one on the second I get home tonight of course. It was quite the operation, two giant metal barns in the middle of a corn field.  Peeps stripping wrecked bikes all over the place, more peeps entering the parts on ebay, and even more peeps shipping stuff.

I expect @Casper will come up with some lame reason at the last second to not stay in Boone as part of his plan to ditch me.  So keep me posted please. Yea, we both need a few drinks.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, OsuMj said:

I just heard on the radio that Trump is planning on visiting Southwest Ohio, Cincinnati area, on Wednesday so if you are leaving out on that day and going through Cincinnati you may want to consider a different route.

Thanks, I may leave an hour earlier to get through Cinci then. Figure I should be fine if I hit downtown around 5am. 

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

Is anyone planning on riding 226A the Diamond back, on Thursday? Awesome road!

@Casper   Listen to this man, a quick detour off the BRP for a bit and then right back on and it goes epic.

https://goo.gl/maps/3yNskA1LzQ62

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, what said:

Thanks, I may leave an hour earlier to get through Cinci then. Figure I should be fine if I hit downtown around 5am. 

That's what the wife and I are doing as well, should pass through Cinci about 5-515am.  Should still be clear at that time.

• Upvote 1

Anyone want to check out my sister's wedding venue while we're in Suches? :p

It's looking like the wedding will be the week after next year's June Gap Trip. 2 weeks in the Smokies, where do I sign up? 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Montaluce+Winery+%26+Restaurant/@34.6222555,-84.0601951,12.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x885f6f0acd98802d:0xb534d9eafe4aa74a!8m2!3d34.563803!4d-84.057946 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tonik said:

For the record, parts in. Charging 14.45 at idle like it always does. Aftermarket volt gauge looked normal for 25 miles. I will run it to work tomorrow but it is fine 

Good to hear. 

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

For the record, parts in. Charging 14.45 at idle like it always does. Aftermarket volt gauge looked normal for 25 miles. I will run it to work tomorrow but it is fine 

Great news. I have mine all buttoned up. Planning a quick shakedown run tomorrow. Ready to hit the road on Wednesday.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, what said:

Anyone want to check out my sister's wedding venue while we're in Suches? :p

It's looking like the wedding will be the week after next year's June Gap Trip. 2 weeks in the Smokies, where do I sign up? 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Montaluce+Winery+%26+Restaurant/@34.6222555,-84.0601951,12.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x885f6f0acd98802d:0xb534d9eafe4aa74a!8m2!3d34.563803!4d-84.057946 

Note to self: you have one year to becomes Andys best friend, if that fails becomes Andys sister best friend :challengeaccepted:

• Upvote 2

Bikes loaded down and fueled up. Heading out no later than about 2am. Hope to catch up with some of the early birds in the afternoon. What's another couple hundred miles.