Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

7 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

careful, don't #FreeTheNipple this time

Trust me it will be with kids gloves. Not sure how the first one broke to be honest. It's not like i'm a rookie taking that tank off. 

My tentative plan is to head out of here on Tuesday by myself, head towards Boone, hike Hungry Mother, get down there and get a hotel, hike a different hike on Wednesday while I wait for everyone to show up, ride with everyone on thursday, stay the night in fontana on Thursday, then head back home on friday.

Are people staying in Boone wednesday night or are most people heading to fontana?  I guess my other option would be to head out wednesday morning and go to fontana...

Edited by OsuMj

I just heard on the radio that Trump is planning on visiting Southwest Ohio, Cincinnati area, on Wednesday so if you are leaving out on that day and going through Cincinnati you may want to consider a different route.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Why am I continually left out of this?  :nono:

I PM'd Casper to see if I could ride down with Matt and him. That is where I got my info. Slab to Boone Wednesday. Thursday, BRP to Fontana. Nothing is set in stone.

Just now, Howabusa said:

I PM'd Casper to see if I could ride down with Matt and him. That is where I got my info. Slab to Boone Wednesday. Thursday, BRP to Fontana. Nothing is set in stone.

Yea, I had to get the info from Matt.  I think Casper is trying to ditch me. Same plan for me, mostly slab to Boon Wednesday, going to try and hit 16 from Beckley to Marion if I get out of work at a decent time.  FYI, I am peeling off in Cherokee and heading to Franklin for Blue Crab Bisque on Thursday.

Let me know if they actually pick a hotel in Boone.  :)

9 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

Big props to #Dizzledan. My bike no longer has an air gap in the fuel delivery system. I have to finish putting everything back together tomorrow but she is up and running. 

All right! Glad you got it fixed in time. See you down there. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yea, I had to get the info from Matt.  I think Casper is trying to ditch me. Same plan for me, mostly slab to Boon Wednesday, going to try and hit 16 from Beckley to Marion if I get out of work at a decent time.  FYI, I am peeling off in Cherokee and heading to Franklin for Blue Crab Bisque on Thursday.

Let me know if they actually pick a hotel in Boone.  :)

I thought you were just meeting us in Boone, and then bailing for another route the next day. I wouldn't say you're doing the same thing as us. 

There is a Hampton Inn in Boone. That's our plan, but plans change. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Casper said:

I thought you were just meeting us in Boone, and then bailing for another route the next day.

I never said that at all, always planned to take the BRP with you peeps.  I will take my other route on the way home.

BTW, you need to plan for gas stops. There are not any on the BRP, you have to hop off.

Edited by Tonik

Just now, Casper said:

Oh cool. I thought you hate me the BRP. 

It's ok every few years.

Edit from above:   BTW, you need to plan for gas stops. There are not any on the BRP, you have to hop off.

4 minutes ago, OsuMj said:

So, hampton inn is the hotel that you guys are staying at?

Most likely. We haven't made reservations. We are planning on making it there but it may change. 

4 minutes ago, Casper said:

Most likely. We haven't made reservations. We are planning on making it there but it may change. 

Ok, I'm only going to make reservations for Tuesday night wherever I end up hiking then