Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

12 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

FYI, if anyone decides to go with @OsuMj on one of her "hikes"....

I attempted to do a trail that she did last year, and I thought I was going to die. Ran out of water, didnt make it to the top. Almost died I tell you!

Well, maybe just go with me next time and I will make sure you don't almost die!

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, what said:

I double and triple checked as well when people started saying "arriving thursday."

An extra day was added this year for those who wanted a week day to ride the Gap/area. Many of us are still getting there on Thursday though. 

26 minutes ago, Casper said:

An extra day was added this year for those who wanted a week day to ride the Gap/area. Many of us are still getting there on Thursday though. 

Wednesday by noon sounds like the best time to get there imo. I need to figure out if Wednesday afternoon is going to be a solo screw-around day or what. Thinking Gap runs if it isn't busy or maybe Cherohala. Don't think I want to do a big loop anywhere though. 

4 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

@what @Hellmutt @snot Wednesday noon-early afternoon : I will try to meet any of you guys down at the gap store?   I prolly will be able do couple of gap runs and then may be cherhola and head back to family. 

You on a separate trip from us Nivin? Would be good to finally meet you if we can swing a meet-up. 

5 minutes ago, what said:

You on a separate trip from us Nivin? Would be good to finally meet you if we can swing a meet-up. 

Nah, trying to balance family and riding :) I am staying around pigeon forge area with wife and kid doing family stuff most days, thinking of renting a bike one day to meet up with you folks and ride. Either Wednesday or Thursday. 

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

Nah, trying to balance family and riding :) I am staying around pigeon forge area with wife and kid doing family stuff most days, thinking of renting a bike one day to meet up with you folks and ride. Either Wednesday or Thursday. 

Ah ok, cool deal. 

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Well, I may be out.  Depends if my voltage regulator gets here in time.  Going to have to be really lucky to pull this off.

U already ordered? Or have good reliable source? Me personally always had good luck with Rocky Mountain atv with there ware house in Kentucky almost always in stock items got to neo in one day. 

Just now, what said:

Ah ok, cool deal. 

I am gonna try a stripper ... damn auto correct.... stripple I mean :) finally will be nice to meet you and may be we can video each other riding the gap :) 

9 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I am gonna try a stripper ... damn auto correct.... stripple I mean :) finally will be nice to meet you and may be we can video each other riding the gap :) 

Stripple party. Careful, you may end up swapping bikes again. 

Edited by what

11 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

U already ordered? Or have good reliable source? Me personally always had good luck with Rocky Mountain atv with there ware house in Kentucky almost always in stock items got to neo in one day. 

None of them have it, so I went with Bike Bandit cuz they were open.  Wed or Thursday they THINK. Even if it is Thursday I can put it on anb slab down the same day.

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

Call Pony or ASK? If anyone down here has it, I'll pick it up and meet you somewhere. 

Insert charging joke here. 

Yea, I will call IP tomorrow, then everyone on Monday.  If I find one I will put the word out. I am actually hopeful that Kennedy's has one.  It fits a ton of bikes and Kennedy's OEM stock is quite amazing.

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Probably warranty work. I own three Ducs. Never even considered purchasing extended coverage. Looks like you dodged a bullet, Jim. Your bike is in the shop a lot. 

Naw, only been in there once for the leaky oil seal by the generator. And they probably bent this fucking pin on the regulator.  I opened it up to clean it...it gets ugly and it was al bent to fuck.

Edited by Tonik

7 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Probably warranty work. I own three Ducs. Never even considered purchasing extended coverage. Looks like you dodged a bullet, Jim. Your bike is in the shop a lot. 

Wonder if he can lemon law it at this point. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Well, I may be out.  Depends if my voltage regulator gets here in time.  Going to have to be really lucky to pull this off.

I may be joining you. The stem on my fuel pump busted off when I took my tank off tonight. Trying to find an ebay seller that will overnight a fuel pump to me. FML. 

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

@what @Hellmutt @snot Wednesday noon-early afternoon : I will try to meet any of you guys down at the gap store?   I prolly will be able do couple of gap runs and then may be cherhola and head back to family. 

We should get to Fontana between noon-1pm.  We'll keep and an eye out for you, but should be passing through there around 1:30ish if you'll still be at the Gap store.  We plan to take the Dragon to Foothills and beyond

• Upvote 1