Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

3 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

The plan as of last night was to spend the night in Boone, NC. We are going down 77 and then over to the BRP. Taking the BRP all the way to Cherokee on Thursday. What time are you taking off? Any chance you get an early start and meet us at his house?

Boone sucks...college town with hi prices for a room, and lots of traffic....be warned.

8 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

The plan as of last night was to spend the night in Boone, NC. We are going down 77 and then over to the BRP. Taking the BRP all the way to Cherokee on Thursday. What time are you taking off? Any chance you get an early start and meet us at his house?

Not leaving until noon.  7.5 hours slab to get to Boone. Maybe, I will ponder it.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:22 PM, what said:

Here's Fucking Racebike Cabin location (helpful map). Not sure where all you savages will be lodged but I'm guessing in the surrounding cabins. 

2017_Cabin_Fontana.jpg

According to Fontana map that's cabin 549.   Wife and I are in Willow cabin 927 just off Welch on Cheoah Rd, which is only half as far from the group as last years cabin 655.   Getting stoked for this, hope the weather forecast doesn't change and we have perfect weather again

5 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

According to Fontana map that's cabin 549.   Wife and I are in Willow cabin 927 just off Welch on Cheoah Rd, which is only half as far from the group as last years cabin 655.   Getting stoked for this, hope the weather forecast doesn't change and we have perfect weather again

How did you get your cabin #?  Was it on your reservation?

13 minutes ago, Casper said:

Name and photo blocked out incase you don't want your real info on here. 

Well that settles it then, not a lie. Just the usual incompetence.

18 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I called an asked for it, they said they don't put it on anything they send like t he confirmation or whatnot.  

26 minutes ago, Casper said:

I think only MJ is going to stop for some hiking. I forgot she wanted to do that, and with the route planned I don't think we'll have time to stop and hike. 

FYI, if anyone decides to go with @OsuMj on one of her "hikes"....

I attempted to do a trail that she did last year, and I thought I was going to die. Ran out of water, didnt make it to the top. Almost died I tell you!

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

FYI, if anyone decides to go with @OsuMj on one of her "hikes"....

I attempted to do a trail that she did last year, and I thought I was going to die. Ran out of water, didnt make it to the top. Almost died I tell you!

All this time I thought you had changed your tune since you bought Blue, but here you are, not joining us at DG yet still posting in this thread.

Sheesh. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I was originally told that they don't reserve specific cabins, but I adamantly pleaded with Marie ( group rate agent ), and the reservation girl so we could get that specific cabin since it's the closest single bedroom cabin to the group cabin block ( lower 500's ).  

37 minutes ago, what said:

All this time I thought you had changed your tune since you bought Blue, but here you are, not joining us at DG yet still posting in this thread.

Sheesh. 

Gotta keep my post count high.

4 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

Can join you guys? Sounds like a good plan to me. Where are you guys starting from and what time?

25 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Can join you guys? Sounds like a good plan to me. Where are you guys starting from and what time?

Starting from my house Wednesday morning, arriving at Fontana Thursday evening. 

On 5/30/2017 at 11:55 AM, what said:

Just got booked for a show on the 6th so I won't be leaving until like 4am on the 7th now. Thanks, work. 

I think that is me and Joel's plan

On 5/30/2017 at 1:48 PM, Casper said:

Parsons Branch is closed though with no estimate when it'll be back open. 

On 5/30/2017 at 4:26 PM, Danimal said:

Parsons Branch will be closed all of 2017. Lots of downed trees, and worst of all, an invasive beetle species that is killing a specific tree type that is all along the road. They are clearing the trees out that are infected.

Nooooooooo!!!!

bringing The enduro and wanted to ride that road

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Who all will there at Fontanaby Wednesday night and start riding Thursday morning? 

Wife and I will get to Fontana about noonish Wednesday.  Going to ride the dragon to foothills to 321 to E.L.A. Pkwy/Little River Gorge Rd to Sugarlands and back.  Should make it back to the lodge around 5pm for check-in.

Anyone there that early is welcome to join us

Edited by Hellmutt