Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

18 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

441 on the weekend is joke IMO. If you're gonna ride it, try going during the week. The road up to Clingman's Dome is nice as well if you got time for a short detour.

Not 100% sure yet, but I think my daughter and I maybe there June 6-8. I plan to run Tonik's #1 route the 1st day and then I'm looking at something shorter for day 2. I think I'm going to run Foothills, 209 Rattler, hit a little of the BRP, 1 final run through the Dragon then hopefully to the Dragon Pitt where we hopefully will be able to get a room. Get there load the bike and head home. Get down there Tuesday evening and be home late Thursday night is my hopes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, what said:

441 looks like fun. I wana go on the loopty loop!

From my past experiences, it turns into a parade of caging rubber necks...unless you could care less about traffic law down there...then there's probably some fun to be had

2 hours ago, what said:

441 looks like fun. I wana go on the loopty loop!

11 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

From my past experiences, it turns into a parade of caging rubber necks...unless you could care less about traffic law down there...then there's probably some fun to be had

Hellmutt is correct.  The fun is Foothills, River Rd. and then BRP.  441 is a necessary evil to tie those three together.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

I just called and our group is in cabin 506. 1st cabin next to the parking lot for trailers.

is that the lot down the hill by the general store? I was just about to say what lot for trailers, I always kept my trailer in the driveway of whatever cabin we were in then I recall loading one of the bikes in my truck bed off the hill next to that lot :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

is that the lot down the hill by the general store? I was just about to say what lot for trailers, I always kept my trailer in the driveway of whatever cabin we were in then I recall loading one of the bikes in my truck bed off the hill next to that lot :lol:

that is the one. the one cabin that has decent wi-fi coverage when you have IT people to troubleshoot the coverage.

Edited by cmh_sprint
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

that is the one. the one cabin that has decent wi-fi coverage when you have IT people to troubleshoot the coverage.

Is that the same one we were in last year with the wifi antennae that was flaking out? 

10 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

What should I know?

Just don't EVER use it in Harrisburg. It will take you through hell. It will be 110 in the middle of massive street traffic, red lights and funerals....and it will take you past 10 on ramps that if used will put you on 5 miles of freeway and get you out of town ....but no, it just takes you past them to mock you and instead takes through a school zone and a parade.

Other than that it is fine.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 3

Here is our planned route for Friday. Breakfast at NOC and then off to Georgia. If you would like to join in we are kickstands up from the gas station at the resort at 8:30.

https://goo.gl/maps/YxrK8GjS4zL2

Edited by cmh_sprint
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

Here is our planned route for Friday. Breakfast at NOC and then off to Georgia. If you would like to join in we are kickstands up from the gas station at the resort at 8:30.

https://goo.gl/maps/YxrK8GjS4zL2

Where are you staying Wednesday.  Casper won't tell me, I think he is trying to ditch me.

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Where are you staying Wednesday.  Casper won't tell me, I think he is trying to ditch me.

The plan as of last night was to spend the night in Boone, NC. We are going down 77 and then over to the BRP. Taking the BRP all the way to Cherokee on Thursday. What time are you taking off? Any chance you get an early start and meet us at his house?