Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

6 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Negative, there is a back way around town. Two of them actually. But I still avoid it like the plague. 

I know. But you can't get into the damned place. All the restaurants are on the main drag. Horrible.

On 5/3/2017 at 0:13 PM, TimTheAzn said:

+1 for WV16 and +1 for NOC's breakfast. Picture is from last year's GAP trip. 2Tall, Paul, Danny, and myself went.

image.jpeg

Can you enlighten me on what tthe name of this place is?  I tried googling but received no results.   I swear @whaler and I stopped at this place.  I think they were doing white water rafting drills.  Maybe it was a different place though. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Can you enlighten me on what tthe name of this place is?  I tried googling but received no results.   I swear @whaler and I stopped at this place.  I think they were doing white water rafting drills.  Maybe it was a different place though. 

https://noc.com/

Nantahala Outdoor center

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

https://noc.com/

Nantahala Outdoor center

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

^ he is right you know...

Yup, this is 100% the place we stopped at on our way back home.  Was definitely a cool place.  Don't think we got food though. 

20 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

This is VERY similar to the route that @JustinNck1 @snot and I took last year, except we ran 28 south of Highlands to War Woman to 75 to 180 to 19.  Think @Isaac's Papa sent me the route.  Anyway, it was about a 12hr day in all.....would've been back to Fontana quicker but I had to live up to my "wrong turn" nickname, so there were a few unexpected detours.....and maybe several miles of paved goat path ( ie beat-to-shit asphalt sidewalk ) that was what we though to be JoyceKilmer.....uh, IT WAS NOT. 

Recently got my new Zumo, so I'm hoping to lose my nickname soon :D

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

This is VERY similar to the route that @JustinNck1 @snot and I took last year, except we ran 28 south of Highlands to War Woman to 75 to 180 to 19.  Think @Isaac's Papa sent me the route.  Anyway, it was about a 12hr day in all.....would've been back to Fontana quicker but I had to live up to my "wrong turn" nickname, so there were a few unexpected detours.....and maybe several miles of paved goat path ( ie beat-to-shit asphalt sidewalk ) that was what we though to be JoyceKilmer.....uh, IT WAS NOT. 

Even with some wrong turns, we had a great time on the route. Gotta hit blood mountain again this year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

The IP route is a long day but a great grouping of roads. Looking forward to hitting it again in June. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Even with some wrong turns, we had a great time on the route. Gotta hit blood mountain again this year.

4 hours ago, what said:

The IP route is a long day but a great grouping of roads. Looking forward to hitting it again in June. 

Wife and I will likely roll this same route again this year.  Anyone is welcome to join us!  I always run a fairly standard medium pace

Edited by Hellmutt

23 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I'm seriously considering riding the cb500x on this trip.  

Probably go further on a tank of fuel and be easier to toss around than the 1200, but is it comfy enough to endure all day for a few days straight?

10 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Probably go further on a tank of fuel and be easier to toss around than the 1200, but is it comfy enough to endure all day for a few days straight?

I haven't taken it on long ride yet.   It corners well enough to be entertaining.  The lack of straight line speed might prevent me from becoming acquainted with any local officials.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

The lack of straight line speed might prevent me from becoming acquainted with any local officials.                           Ive got well acquainted over the years. Good people, you should meet a few :lol:

I got well acquainted last year it cost :spank:$700  just remember there after money 

Edited by marlboro man
Don't know how to use it
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I'm seriously considering riding the cb500x on this trip.  

I knew it, I told you the first day you posted that you gonna take this to gap trip :) seriously do it. 100% better fun 

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

I knew it, I told you the first day you posted that you gonna take this to gap trip :) seriously do it. 100% better fun 

I need to take it on spirited SEO ride first so I can decide.  The VFR12 has been just about the perfect bike for previous gap trips :)