Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

I am 90% sure I will make this. 

Riding down Wed and leaving Sat. Will be taking 2 days down and 2 days back home. 

So looking for some bunk space. I'm not young and have a bad back so need a bed but willing to pay my share.

Worst case I get a room at the Microtel but it would be nice to hang with the crowd without needing to worry about remaining sober so I could get to my bed. 

Anyone have reservations with a spare bed?

Craig

1 hour ago, what said:

I didnt request any specific cabin when I booked ours. The lady knew about our group when I brought it up so I assumed the cabins would be somewhat close together... I can call and see I suppose. 

They usually try to put us near each other. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wife and I are booking one of the little willows cabin....so if the group stays in the same block as last year, we'll only have to walk half as far as last year....meaning I should only fall down half as much as last year :D

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I'm taking a 3 week solo trip this June Nivin and meeting the gang at Fontana for a night or two of fun.

If you're willing, I'd LOVE to show you some awesome dirt roads in the Smokys. Crazy beautiful vistas and waterfalls and shit that you cant see on pavement.

Think about it before you:

• Say no
  • Decide which new tires to run on the trip

UH OH.:lol:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Fontana village is showing $143.00 a night in the lodge? 7-11 June.  Is there a special handshake or code word?

You guy's are high rollers!

I belive you have to call and say your with Ohio Riders group to get the rate for that week. Can't do it online 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Fontana village is showing $143.00 a night in the lodge? 7-11 June.  Is there a special handshake or code word?

You guy's are high rollers!

I think a lot of people are doubling/quadrupling up to split costs. I forget exactly what it was per night last year when Justin and I split a lodge room though... Total I feel like it was like $150 each or something for 3 nights. 

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

It's funny how a lack of a response means "not interested" Nivin lol.

Promise you won't get hurt

Dan I'm heading for the Ozarks with Tim and company. Then off to Georgia to spend time with daughter. A trip like yours would be a gas for sure. Not gonna be on the Stromboli for this trip  

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

It's funny how a lack of a response means "not interested" Nivin lol.

Promise you won't get hurt

Haha sorry Dan, didn't mean to ignore you. In a way I was thinking a lot about it. And as much as I want to take you up in that as of now I don't think I will be able to do off road and not ready yet. But I know that is the next step I need to take since I always I wanted to try my hand in that. And the way I think and act irrationally rational way I can never say never and just might jump in and join you with the right set up. But very faint chance, still not zero, hence I was not saying yes or no. Ideally I should have send you a pm, sorry again Dan. 

5 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Dan I'm heading for the Ozarks with Tim and company. Then off to Georgia to spend time with daughter. A trip like yours would be a gas for sure. Not gonna be on the Stromboli for this trip  

Even he agrees, but old man always thinking gas :D

Edited by NinjaDoc

Just now, NinjaDoc said:

Haha sorry Dan, didn't mean to ignore you. In a way I was thinking a lot about it. And as much as I want to take you up in that as of now I don't think I will be able to do off road and not ready yet. But I know that is the next step I need to take since I always I wanted to try my hand in that. And the way I think and act irrationally rational way I can never say never and just might jump in and join you with the right set up. But very faint chance, still not zero, hence I was not saying yes or no. Ideally I should have send you a pm, sorry again Dan. 

Oh for Pete's sake. Come out of the closet. 

• Upvote 2