Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

3 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

It only works if you eat healthy, I'm not sure if you're up for the task :lol:

I'm reading this while crunching on celery and hummus with a side of yogurt. Next week on vacation will be a different story. ;)

I'm doing an Ozarks trip too, but at the end of June. I have a friend who lives in Hot Springs Arkansas and that will be my homebase for most the trip, I will also be doing some camping as well "have no idea where I will end up". LOL

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm reading this while crunching on celery and hummus with a side of yogurt. Next week on vacation will be a different story. ;)

I wish I could eat hummus and not turn the room I'm in into a cruel form of execution. 

2 hours ago, Pokey said:

I'm doing an Ozarks trip too, but at the end of June. I have a friend who lives in Hot Springs Arkansas and that will be my homebase for most the trip, I will also be doing some camping as well "have no idea where I will end up". LOL

Welcome back to the dark side as well Bubby!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, what said:

I wish I could eat hummus and not turn the room I'm in into a cruel form of execution. 

I love the shit, Roasted Red Pepper and the Black Bean w/jalapeno are may faves. I just dip carrot or celery in it, fiber and protein in one healthy snack.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:20 PM, marlboro man said:

I'll probably have a different truck by then I'll drop it off at your house & you can hook it up to your trailer and use my truck but I'll probably ride down you just have to leave a spot open on trailer I think I might take two bikes

On 10/24/2016 at 5:49 PM, what said:

I might trailer. Save some middle tire wear. 

Let me know if either of you bubbys wants to share a ride down. I have a trailer and got my suburban back. If it's just 2 of us, we can pull a smaller trailer with the Lezbaru. 

Or if there's anyone else who doesn't have time to do a two day trip down and a two day trip back and doesn't want to wear their ass out on the freeway, speak up now.  

I can haul 4 Sport bikes comfortably and five if necessary. 

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, max power said:

Let me know if either of you bubbys wants to share a ride down. I have a trailer and got my suburban back. If it's just 2 of us, we can pull a smaller trailer with the Lezbaru. 

Or if there's anyone else who doesn't have time to do a two day trip down and a two day trip back and doesn't want to wear their ass out on the freeway, speak up now.  

I can haul 4 Sport bikes comfortably and five if necessary. 

Sounds good man I'll keep ya posted. 

I may be bringing just 1 bike down though... I caught a reaaaaally bad bug today and I may be switching some things up either in the spring or at the end of next summer. 

2 hours ago, what said:

Sounds good man I'll keep ya posted. 

I may be bringing just 1 bike down though... I caught a reaaaaally bad bug today and I may be switching some things up either in the spring or at the end of next summer. 

Will this bug be gone by showtime?  

Dont wanna catch anybody's bugs. 

2 hours ago, max power said:

Will this bug be gone by showtime?  

Dont wanna catch anybody's bugs. 

not sure, depends on how much overtime i get this winter and how attached to the orange triumph i am come spring :p

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Just plotted my route to Fontana Bananaland. I'm taking the Atwood Loop to New Phili-ish where I'll pick up OH-800 and ride it to the river. Cross in WV and pick up WV-16 and take that all the way to Marion, stopping just before at Hungry Mother State Park and camping for the night. Then get up and take WV/NC-16 to the BRP and roll that all the way to Cherokee and take NC441 to NC321 and pick up the Foothills Parkway. You know the rest. :) 

Day 1 will be 450 miles. Easy enough to do and I'll be rolling a steady pace of "Balls Out" all day. Day 2 will be a little lighter at 370 miles. It will be a bit more difficult to maintain a hot pace on the BRP, but an early start should bring me into Fontana by 5:00. Right around 815 miles. 

Sounds like an awesome route. Hungry Mother State Park is a very nice area and has a cool beach on the lake.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Just plotted my route to Fontana Bananaland. I'm taking the Atwood Loop to New Phili-ish where I'll pick up OH-800 and ride it to the river. Cross in WV and pick up WV-16 and take that all the way to Marion, stopping just before at Hungry Mother State Park and camping for the night. Then get up and take WV/NC-16 to the BRP and roll that all the way to Cherokee and take NC441 to NC321 and pick up the Foothills Parkway. You know the rest. :) 

Day 1 will be 450 miles. Easy enough to do and I'll be rolling a steady pace of "Balls Out" all day. Day 2 will be a little lighter at 370 miles. It will be a bit more difficult to maintain a hot pace on the BRP, but an early start should bring me into Fontana by 5:00. Right around 815 miles. 

Fuck man, If I end up doing what I do, but also don't want to do in the next couple months (but actually really really really want to), I may do something similar. I have yet to ride the BRP even though I've ridden over it at least 4 times and 16 is an amazing road from north WV all the way to the end. 

Edited by what

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Skip most of 321. As you get near Gatlinburg but still in the park....Just before the park head quarters... Turn left on Fighting Creek Road, its awesome.  Then pick up 321 near Townsend.

And when you get to Foothills Pkwy you can go right now.....New section not even on Google Maps yet. I think it goes back to 321 north of Pidgeon Forge. Pics of it look epic.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I may spend two nights in Marion. Set up camp on a Tuesday, ride 16 and explore the area all day on Wednesday and then get to Fontana on Thursday. 

If you do this, try to ride over to Burkes Garden. It's a great place to sit back and admire the mountains and it has amazing roads.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:06 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Been there done that!  Awesome and do-able...but That is a LONG haul for 2 days!

On 1/14/2017 at 5:55 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Nah... It's not that bad. I've done 1000 miles in less than 20 hours and a 400 mile day is sort of average for me. Lol

I have too, but your route is slow and twisty!  Enjoy your ride and be safe!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Just made another batch. Went with a pure sugar shine for the base. I got 5 quarts of that, one quart makes this much ape pie.

IMG_20170111_183513.jpg

Last years batch was some serious sleeper shine.  Went down like soda, and then out of nowhere it kicks your twig n berries.  I've learned my lesson, a couple shots is plenty

• Upvote 1