Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

Same as last year and the year before and every year before that, I'll start with the important stuff:

Ride your own ride. Enjoy the weekend. Be safe. This is not a competition or a race. This is just a good weekend away with friends. You are responsible for yourself. This is, of course, an "at your own risk" event. Motorcycling is dangerous. These roads are dangerous. Be careful. Ohio Riders (and/or it's owners, blah blah blah) cannot be held liable for anything (like, but not limited to, traffic tickets, accidents, stupidity, death, etc).

June 7 - 11, 2017

We added a day this year for folks who want to come in early and avoid the weekend dragon traffic. 

Nothing is officially organized. There are no set routes. It just happens to be a weekend for a bunch of us to meetup down there to have some fun. The weekend is up to you. When you come down, where you ride, who you ride with, where you eat, where you stay (Fontana Village discounts below if you want to stay there), etc is completely up to you. There will be shindigs in the evenings involving fire for us to sit around and tell lies about women, motorcycles, amazing drinking stories, etc. 

OR event page: https://ohioriders.net/index.php?/calendar/event/774-ohio-riders-invades-deals-gap/

Facebook event, feel free to share with your non-OR friends who ride (the more the merrier): https://www.facebook.com/events/1164987136922088/

-----------------------------------

Rough Itinerary

Wednesday (6/7/2017): Arrive. Check-in. Meet-n-greet at night.
Thursday (6/8/2017): More arrivals. Whatever you feel like during the day. Meet-n-greet at 
night.
Friday (6/9/2017): Whatever you feel like during the day. 

Saturday (6/10/2017): Whatever you feel like during the day. 
Sunday (6/11/2017): Most will be loading up and going home.

-----------------------------------

Lodging

Fontana Village
300 Woods Road
Fontana Dam, NC 28733
828-498-2211

http://www.fontanavillage.com

Lodge room:
2 queen beds
2 reserved
$95/night

3BDR Azalea Cabin:
3 bedroom (1 queen, 2 twins, 1 set of bunkbeds)
2 bath
6 reserved
$229/night

2BDR Hemlock Cabin:
2 bedroom (1 queen, 2 twins)
1 bath
4 reserved
$139/night

Map of the resort with cabin locations: http://www.fontanavillage.com/maps/village-map-low-res-110413.pdf

33 minutes ago, Casper said:

I can't go down early, but thinking about a long trip home. 

In the Month of June it's hard for me to get extra one day vacation days, full weeks are easier for me to get which are Monday to Sunday. That's why going early works better for me. Weekly vacations take priority over daily's when they approve them(regardless of senority) and everyone wants the summer months off. Plus that will be my third of my 5 weeks I'll get off next year, gotta save some for the fall. ;)

• Upvote 1

Shit @Tonik , we failed to put a disclaimer in our threads :banana:

Vacation time for me is going to be real slim...the wife and I are going diving in Indonesia next Feb and will be gone over 3 weeks which chews up most of my days. It'll be worth though, we are going to stop in Dubai for a few days too on the way back.

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

In the Month of June it's hard for me to get extra one day vacation days, full weeks are easier for me to get which are Monday to Sunday. That's why going early works better for me. Weekly vacations take priority over daily's when they approve them(regardless of senority) and everyone wants the summer months off. Plus that will be my third of my 5 weeks I'll get off next year, gotta save some for the fall. ;)

My daughter's birthday is the 6th. 

11 minutes ago, Casper said:

Guess we just have different priorities. 

I have a teenager (17) all they want to do for their birthday is get money and go hang with their friends. Once they hit a certain age, hanging with mom and dad isn't cool anymore.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well for us out of shape people, in the dark with flip flops, it's tough. :D

Wife and I know all about this as well.  Downhill there when you're sober, uphill back to the cabin when you're half drunk.  Need some little pitbikes to ride to and fro