Harley and the Davidsons

SFDemo

Hi,

As a motorcyclist, I love motorcycle movies and I started watching my recorded shows last night.  I think the Discovery mini-series is pretty good as entertainment, and made awesome due to the subject matter.  It is kind of cool to here about the early marketing, racing and ideas that made the H-D a world wide brand.  Pretty damn cool!

29 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

I don't have the discovery channel. I may need to explore alternatives to check this out. I kind of miss Ass Monkey Garage too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Fast N Loud is one of the few shows that make me miss having a DVR. Some shows are just a bitch to find on secure torrent sites

27 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Fast N Loud is one of the few shows that make me miss having a DVR. Some shows are just a bitch to find on secure torrent sites

I have to admit, I enjoy watching this show as well. I set the DVR on the HD series as well, looking forward to watching it! 

Edited by RidersDiscount

3 hours ago, AndonD454 said:

Cool show,  makes me appreciate the company a bit more.. but also wonder how they got so far away from their roots of being innovative, race-bred, go-anywhere machines. I'll watch the 3rd one tonight either way. 

Just to point out that this show definitely takes its own creative liberties and I wouldn't take anything from this show as fact. This was not signed off by Harley-Davidson. Oddly enough, Budweiser is the official partner for this mini-series, not Harley-Davidson. 

Having said that, I am all for this show. If it gets more people interested in two-wheels and into the market, I'm all for it. Who cares if it's a little off in the history or timeline? As long as it helps get new people into dealerships to move bikes whether it's H-D, Indian, Euro or Japanese, it's a win for all of us.

Edited by natedogg624
  • Upvote 1

On 9/7/2016 at 3:22 PM, AndonD454 said:

Cool show,  makes me appreciate the company a bit more.. but also wonder how they got so far away from their roots of being innovative, race-bred, go-anywhere machines. I'll watch the 3rd one tonight either way. 

Profit margins.

Race-bred machines need too much engineering these days; easier to make them pretty and loud than it is to make them high-tech and fast.

On September 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM, AndonD454 said:

They still race drag and flat track. H-D is fairly dominant in the NHRA Drag Circuit 

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/events/racing.html