Made a daytonASS of myself - again

NinjaDoc

Just wanted to confess about the disease I have, Just wanted to get the rear brake of ducati looked at under warranty. Stopped by the dealership on the way. They made an offer i just couldnt resist. Almost a straight trade up for a new bike. Saw it as an exit strategy to unload the Duc and took the chance. Got a Daytona 675R, been over a month, about 1800 miles so far. Loving the bike but i really dont need a supersport in my life. More than likely will sell this next year and once and for all get out of this loop hole. And be happy and live forever with my Vstrom :D
Unless of course i hit the track pipe, which was one of my many justification to fall for this trap. I know all of you guys must be tired of these stories, i know i am. In short as of now i am a motorcycle ADHD guy with immature brain and an asshole to throwing my hard earned money so easily for no real good reason. I was always proud that i am not a materialistic guy and very simple. Unlike my colleagues at work and friends from residency who right out of residency  sign the new job and go get brand new flashy cars that cannot even be driven to its potential and other stuff like latest gadgets and trendy suits etc. And then here i am being "that guy" right in front of you all :( . Tired of all the bull crap reveal videos and stuff in pitch darkness.  So just posting some random pics. Hope i find the strength to just to stop at this. i hope at least @330racing must be a feeling good and better with this thread.

image_zpsxscjbfqn.jpeg

D0504632-27A9-436D-88DB-CE77D7E6F790_zps

BB7ADCDA-F758-42EF-A7BC-72BA2E6C0946_zps

BA1235F4-E9F5-401F-B691-9648F7809CBF_zps

58A15BC3-5AC3-479D-B218-1E61C27B665F_zps

C405486B-D014-42A7-ACCC-94D80E891DD1_zps

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 3

Doc you can't get rid of a supersport completely. Who will I ride with here in the way north east? Don't worry you're not like your colleagues, your bike cost a fraction of their fancy cars I'm sure. 

• Upvote 1

Really nice bike Doc!  I think I would hold on to this one, not like it's going to break the wallet having two in the stable!  If I could afford it, I would have two myself, one sportier for the twisties and one sport tourer for longer road trips.  Now the big question, which one to bring to the Epic fall ride? :dunno:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

Doc you can't get rid of a supersport completely. Who will I ride with here in the way north east? Don't worry you're not like your colleagues, your bike cost a fraction of their fancy cars I'm sure. 

I won't ever get to use its full potential I guess :( u gonna be bored riding with me on this. 

1 hour ago, Wolfman1 said:

Really nice bike Doc!  I think I would hold on to this one, not like it's going to break the wallet having two in the stable!  If I could afford it, I would have two myself, one sportier for the twisties and one sport tourer for longer road trips.  Now the big question, which one to bring to the Epic fall ride? :dunno:

More than likely the strom due to the storage and much easier on miles. This bike is a torture rack for me :( , and never had that reaction to any bike. The ergo is just too weird for me. 

29 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

How do you like it so far?

Love the butter smooth engine, even thou less power than liter the torque is every where. I find myself one gear higher than other bikes on this. Less engine brake than my previous bike and overall helped in being smooth. Awesome turbosque sound. Way too light and flick able than I am used to, almost going around corners upright unless pushing triple digits. Will be a bike which I have some chicken strips on since I never have to lean it like that. Suspension stock springs are too stiff for me, even with everything set to 0, I am still having bouncing from one pit to another. Not used to such a light bike and smaller wheel base, bike looks like it wil just vibrate and jump right out of my grip. It is so easy to ride in smooth pavement and quite the opposite once it gets rough. After so many miles on this bike I don't think I wnot be able to make a second son :D all in all a really excellent bike, will be a steep learning curve for me since its opposite to what I been used to for years. Perfect track weapon right outta box. And the quick shifter is addictive than coccaine 

I am looking to buy this exact bike, but in white.  I'm real curious about your thoughts as a street bike.  Ever taken a passenger?  I'll sell the cbr so I'll need to be able to track and street the Daytona if I get it.  Suspension springs are too soft?  That's something I was worried about, what do you weigh?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I am looking to buy this exact bike, but in white.  I'm real curious about your thoughts as a street bike.  Ever taken a passenger?  I'll sell the cbr so I'll need to be able to track and street the Daytona if I get it.  Suspension springs are too soft?  That's something I was worried about, what do you weigh?

Nooo suspension is too stiff for my weight. The stock springs are a 1. I think, people still debate about that. For me being sub 150 it's too much - bouncy and stuff ride- just can't get the sag right. Will post another topic and ask some Susp guru here for advice. As a street commuter bike- it will be awesome being light narrow wide powerband etc. But ride is rough and tuff, there is blaze soft bag system available so some option there. Forget 2 up unless your girl friend is like sub 100lbs and okay with just small commute... Like 5 mile :) 

i had had the same idea to keep one bike for street and track. As I see all who got addicted to track pipe and unloading many $$ little by little to add all the stuff that comes stock with these and final price would be close to it. 

You sure will miss the power of 1L, won't get the same catapaulting out of corner sensation with this. I loved that the most than just constant   high velocity. But you will be able to carry more speed into and mid corner easy. 

30 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nivin, springs are easy. They're just forks. Since they're Ohlins, just wait a few thousand miles for them to start leaking and then I'll toss new springs in at that time. :) 

Hahaha Pauly u gonna make me paranoid. As soon as I see some dead bug juice on forks I will be like, OMG fork leak ....lets go to dealership and see what they can do for me.  I might end up trading for some grom thinking I got a great deal. But if I like the bike and keeping it forever I will bring for spring change in winter. :) this bike I can load on a trailer myself. First bike I am confident about doing it. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

You work hard and you play hard, I always liked that about you.  For someone who worked so hard and sacrified so much to get where you are, a little reward like this shouldn't even cause a blip in your conscience radar, but that's what you get for being a good decent human being who was raised right.  Congrats on the toy.

I highly recommend that you buy a pre-prepped track bike, but that all depends how much track activity you'll be seeing.   they're much easier to fix when crashed (track plastics are relatively easy to repair and MUCH cheaper to replace, and the bodywork comes off much more quickly.  If you're only doing 1 or 2 max a year, then it's probably not worth it.  But if you're going full addict, then it's worth every penny.

have fun!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jbot said:

You work hard and you play hard, I always liked that about you.  For someone who worked so hard and sacrified so much to get where you are, a little reward like this shouldn't even cause a blip in your conscience radar, but that's what you get for being a good decent human being who was raised right.  Congrats on the toy.

I highly recommend that you buy a pre-prepped track bike, but that all depends how much track activity you'll be seeing.   they're much easier to fix when crashed (track plastics are relatively easy to repair and MUCH cheaper to replace, and the bodywork comes off much more quickly.  If you're only doing 1 or 2 max a year, then it's probably not worth it.  But if you're going full addict, then it's worth every penny.

have fun!

thx J, you always have the right word to make it feel better. Like pauly, the first thing he said was "at least its not a vette" :D

Regarding tracks i am thinking may be next year, 2-3 track days is all it takes to cover up the cost of this blunder, so i am keeping off rest of the year probably. will keep riding street to get used to the bike.  By next year plan is to just do few here and there novice sessions to learn more. Possibly switch to some fleabay street plastics and thus just cover up lights for the track days. and back to street use. My stock color is flat black which is a head ache to maintain and keep clean and cant do anything about minor scratches even since cant even buff it out. @jacobhawkins yes go for the white much prettier and easier. This was the only deal he would make and hence ended up with the black.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

The white was my favorite until I saw yours, Nivin. That bike was all kinds of turning me on. It'd be a shame to get rid of it before you let me have a go. Please keep me posted. :lol: 

u will love this bike pauly, its like a bicycle with 120 hp  legs. Low weight, narrow, easy to turn, ball busting, and torturing yet more smiles per miles. Just that its a health hazard than benefit

I would imagine 675 is becoming one of the most common bike in this forum right?  and yet every one keeps saying, "oh its rare not every one has it..it not  like a jap bike etc".

35 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

thx J, you always have the right word to make it feel better. Like pauly, the first thing he said was "at least its not a vette" :D

Regarding tracks i am thinking may be next year, 2-3 track days is all it takes to cover up the cost of this blunder, so i am keeping off rest of the year probably. will keep riding street to get used to the bike.  By next year plan is to just do few here and there novice sessions to learn more. Possibly switch to some fleabay street plastics and thus just cover up lights for the track days. and back to street use. My stock color is flat black which is a head ache to maintain and keep clean and cant do anything about minor scratches even since cant even buff it out. @jacobhawkins yes go for the white much prettier and easier. This was the only deal he would make and hence ended up with the black.

i think as long as you can find some ebay plastics that fit ok and stand up to crashes ok, that is a great idea.  get the sets with dzus-type (quick on-off) fasteners if you can.  and if possible, one with a closed belly pan for when you get to intermediate/advanced since some orgs might need a belly pan capable of retaining fluids.  anybody in your shoes (dipping your toes into track days) should consider going your route.

• Upvote 1

I'm building in track bodywork and parts to my cost thought process...  Ha!  Katie liked the black one we looked at at Motohio.  

Going to see @TimTheAzn in a bit to take his for a couple laps around the paddock and grounds of mid ohio with Katie on the back.  See if she falls off.  If not, we're good to go.

• Upvote 1

Nice pick Doc!  Suspension will feel better at the track where you're getting more G's down on it, and THAT'S where you should learn to corner a bike like that.  If I were you, I'd at least get one trackday in on that thing before you trade/sell it away

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'm building in track bodywork and parts to my cost thought process...  Ha!  Katie liked the black one we looked at at Motohio.

Going to see @TimTheAzn in a bit to take his for a couple laps around the paddock and grounds of mid ohio with Katie on the back.  See if she falls off.  If not, we're good to go.

you gonna be track junkie for sure :D you will like this bike 100%  @TimTheAzn has tons of miles on this bike and knows it inside out. He possible went through 9-10 tires and 3-4 batteries at least, I saw him ride the Daytona its like an extension of him now.

1 minute ago, Hellmutt said:

Nice pick Doc!  Suspension will feel better at the track where you're getting more G's down on it, and THAT'S where you should learn to corner a bike like that.  If I were you, I'd at least get one trackday in on that thing before you trade/sell it away

We are at least triple brothers again :D we were the sole zook brothers before hehe  Nooo no talk about selling and trading as of now. So far I like it, weight and size wise this is perfect for my puny physique :) as long as the ride becomes a little comfortable then I am golden. Waiting to find a good set of risers which seems to be hard for 2013+ models due to fairing being too low to allow raising the bars without major modifications. Will scratch pauly head when the time comes. I tried saddlemen gel seat for few miles, didn't make much difference for my weight :(

15 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've still got a ton to learn. But I do really love the Daytona. I also love being able to drive out of a corner WOT knowing the powering is just gonna come on nice and predictable like.

Sent from my iPhone.

Honestly, are u ever coming back to streets? You have risers on the bike? 

@jacobhawkins did you take a spin on Tims bike? You like it? 

20 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Yea, I was planning on making a return this weekend at the Epic ride. But idk if I'll do the rain date. Also sad @Isaac's Papa isnt gonna be there.

21 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Yeah, Mrs. Hawkins likes it better than the Duc we tried.  Tim was kind enough to wait a bit for my slow ass to get up to the track for a spin.  I liked it.  Now going through a similar dilemma as you, do I deserve this bike?  Haha

• Upvote 1