Standing desks

cmh_sprint

My desk at home has a motor that raises and lowers it and when I work from home (at least 1 day a week) I stand most of the day. I like it and if you're busy, you barely notice you are standing though make sure you have either well padded carpeting or a anti-fatigue mat to stand on. It does wear on you by the end of the day. A pretty good chunk of people at my office have standing desks due to back issues, etc and they said you get use to standing every day pretty quickly. I have bad knees and standing all day, every day is not going to work for me. I recommend getting a desk/chair you can easily raise/lower on demand.

Edited by ScubaCinci

I use a Vari-desk system at work, it allows you to switch from seated to standing in about 3 seconds.. works very well, though I'm just a tad tall for the highest setting when standing on the mat (mat is a must have to prevent fatigue when standing). 

www.varidesk.com

• Upvote 1

I had a varidesk (my company will provide them if requested) but I found my lazy ass not standing very much at all. Possibly because I didnt have a mat so standing in one place started to hurt my feet. But I know some people that stand most of the day.

I use a sit to stand desk (varidesk).  I love it.  Works great, but like the others say, find yourself a nice mat or you'll get sore quickly and find yourself sitting again.  I use it a lot because I'm constantly back and forth and helps with your health rather than sitting all the time. 

I had to get a sit/stand desk at work for a back problem. They provided me with an Ergotron which is a nice quick and easy to use system that clamps on to your desk. I spend most of my time standing. I havn't had a problem with needing a mat but I wear comfortable running shoes. Even without the back problem I would probably still stand alot.

We moved offices recently and the company provided electric desks for all employees. The ones we have could support 4 monitors if needed. I see alot of people using the standing option. 

Overall I highly recommend it if you are considering it. 

Prices on all that is crazy. I have a standing desk at work. I refuse to sit, I am there 8-10 hours a day and only sit for about 15 minutes to eat a quick lunch.

I have a small pedestal type desk, was $150 on Amazon. No mat, steel toed work boots. Concrete floors. For me, it's good boots and insoles. I spend only a couple hours in front of the computer, I walk nearly 10000 steps a day at work.

I had to get a sit/stand desk at work for a back problem. They provided me with an Ergotron which is a nice quick and easy to use system that clamps on to your desk. I spend most of my time standing. I havn't had a problem with needing a mat but I wear comfortable running shoes. Even without the back problem I would probably still stand alot.

We moved offices recently and the company provided electric desks for all employees. The ones we have could support 4 monitors if needed. I see alot of people using the standing option. 

Overall I highly recommend it if you are considering it. 

Have a few people at work with these. But my experience is the opposite. I have a bad back from being bent over working on cars for a living. Standing stationary for anymore than 10 minutes or so and I have to sit down to relieve my back. Cant even stay standing for the entire band service at church. Can't imagine standing stationary at work for 8 hours.

Though my gut is paying the price.