NC Bike and Summit Main Sept 24th-26th

Jester_

We are planning on going to NC Bike to ride with N2 on the 24th and 25th of Sept. Then on the way back we were going to stop at Summit Main on the Monday for another track day and then head back home that evening. 

I know that so far Ron, Ryan and myself are in.

Who else?

I will also add that NC Bike is cheap to ride, $150 for members and $165 for non members. 

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

How many days vacation needed for travel?

I am guessing we would leave Friday, be back late Monday night so two days. Of course you could skip Summit and be back real late Sunday night if you wanted to be. 

I honestly have no clue who is going to do what for logistics, Brandon isn't sure if he is going or not and Timmy may be coming out of retirement. We will have to see how things go as we get closer to that weekend. I can haul 4 bikes in the trailer and probably can put 2 in the bed of the truck but we would need to take an extra car down. 

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

My time off was approved for this, looks like I should request Friday as well.

Collecting funds currently. Any donations appreciated. :lol:

It is about 7.5 hours to NC Bike "atleast from my house" so figure spend the day driving and get there early to set up and have Ron mix us drinks. Then from NC Bike to Summit is 3 hours 45 minutes. 

NC Bike is only 150 a day for members and 165 for non members. Summit Main is 175 for members, 195 for non members. 

23 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

It is about 7.5 hours to NC Bike "atleast from my house" so figure spend the day driving and get there early to set up and have Ron mix us drinks. Then from NC Bike to Summit is 3 hours 45 minutes. 

NC Bike is only 150 a day for members and 165 for non members. Summit Main is 175 for members, 195 for non members. 

LOL the additional non-member cost of those 3 days is $50. The same price as if I bought a basic membership..... Unless Barber in Nov is also N2, then buying the membership this late in the season wouldnt be worth it. I see Barber on the N2 calendar, is that the same one as you guys were talking about as a season closer?

Edit: Welp, got that friday off (that was fast). Now to come up with the funds for all of this :D

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

LOL the additional non-member cost of those 3 days is $50. The same price as if I bought a basic membership..... Unless Barber in Nov is also N2, then buying the membership this late in the season wouldnt be worth it. I see Barber on the N2 calendar, is that the same one as you guys were talking about as a season closer?

Yes sir it is.

Some reason I'm thinking the membership is 12 month, not ending at the new year......that might just be the elite membership though.  P.S. the elite membership has some nice benefits.

Just now, RHill said:

Yes sir it is.

Some reason I'm thinking the membership is 12 month, not ending at the new year......that might just be the elite membership though.  P.S. the elite membership has some nice benefits.

What does this mean:

Any 12 Events = Free renewal

What does this mean:

Any 12 Events = Free renewal

do 12 trackdays in a year with a elite membership and it rolls over to the next year

I'm not 100% that applies to the 12 day package, but I just keep buying it, so I don't care lol

Each winter you can buy 12 days for like 1900 or something. 

But if you had purchased it the year before you get a 10% discount so its 1600-1700 for the 12 days plus an elite membership. 

I know Ryan has picked up his 12 for next year already. I am not sure what I am going to do as I would like to run as much wera or ccs as I can and that will mean less days. 

2 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Each winter you can buy 12 days for like 1900 or something. 

But if you had purchased it the year before you get a 10% discount so its 1600-1700 for the 12 days plus an elite membership. 

I know Ryan has picked up his 12 for next year already. I am not sure what I am going to do as I would like to run as much wera or ccs as I can and that will mean less days. 

Plan on racing more next year? Or just running with another ORG.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Plan on racing more next year? Or just running with another ORG.

I dont have a problem with N2 so I will be riding with them for track days. 

I just want to get more into the racing scene, atleast for one year. 

• Upvote 1

N2, Mid-O and a couple races sprinkled in.....that's my plan.

All my track days are paid up for next year...so that leaves tires, travel and racing.

Secret is, spread the expenses out to trick yourself....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RHill said:

that's what happens when you go to dealer sponsored trackdays and ride the latest greatest.....that's why I stuck to the multistrada, monster and Jeff's SV.

Ya you probably had the right idea. The acceleration of that zx10 was crazy...

Might have had a little more fun on the panigale but I dont trust their engines to be beat on at the track. 

10 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Ya you probably had the right idea. The acceleration of that zx10 was crazy...

Might have had a little more fun on the panigale but I dont trust their engines to be beat on at the track. 

Meanwhile I was dragging parts on the multi and hypermotard (oops)....those were very fun bikes, even when being towed around at slower than mild pace.

Really should have taken an R6 out this weekend to get a feel of the ergos, but it was already busy/tiring enough.