New in central Ohio

Xsr900Rider

New to the forum and just getting back into riding after a few years off and one back surgery later. I just picked up a Yahmaha XSR900 a week ago and have put 450 miles on so far. Really nice to be back on two wheels.

Previous bikes: 2003 Honda CBR600 f4i, 2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000, 2004 Harley Fatboy.

image.jpeg

Welcome. Nice ride! Don't know many roads in the area but if you need work done on the bike, particularly tires, check in with Hoblick in the M-ville area.

Welcome. I am not to far from you in Springfield. I have cruised around that area a little bit. Not to much in the way of twisties around there that i am aware of.  One loop i like to make up there is 245 west over to 29 into urbana then take 55 into terra hutte. If you have a half day to kill for riding take 41 south out of Springfield down towards the ohio river. The best section of 41 is between Washington court house and about 15 miles on the other side of Bainbridge. 

Thanks o-no-motto I'll have to check those roads out. I go by Springfield everyday for work the last 5 years. 

NinjaDoc I was wanting too but worked last day yesterday so how I have shit insurance until I start new job on Tuesday and they get me signed up. And with my luck I'd need it the one time I don't have any. I'll definitely try the next time.

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2016 at 9:45 AM, Xsr900Rider said:

Thanks if anyone knows any good roads around Marysville let me know. I'm originally from Cambridge area but after the service I moved to Marysville and I'm still looking for some decent roads to ride in this area.

Agree with o-no-moto's mention of 245. 245 from Marysville to West Liberty is great.

287 south/west from near the Honda plant is a great twisty ride. It meets up with 245 near West Liberty at the Civil War-era Piatt Castles.

East Liberty to Bellefontaine on County 10 has some nice elevation and switchbacks. Just as you come into Zanesfield there is a park with an Old West fort back by the creek. And just north of Zanesfield on County 5 there is a bridge with a 30 foot waterfall underneath. You can climb under the bridge and get close to it. I always thought that would be a great swimming place.

Just to the north of there, 540 east of Bellefontaine has some nice curves and long climbs.

Lots of Covered Bridges around the Darby Creek, North Lewisburg area and there is another nice one on Thompson Rd east of Marysville, near Ostrander.

South of Plain City, Georgesville Rd/142 is nice down to West Jefferson, with some Metro Parks and a big suspension bridge on 3-mile creek on Lucas Rd. Then further south into the Battelle/Darby Creek Metro Parks area is nice, with lots of stopping places and hiking trails. Great stuff all down thru Darbydale/Harrisburg/Orient area.