• DerekClouser
    • CMH_Sprint
    • TimTheAzn
    • Jbot
    • 2TallTim

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Uncle Punk said:

I appreciate the sentiment.

I'm really not that tech savvy to qualify. Plus I have never seen anything here that I would consider mod worthy so having the title would just be that because I tend to let things work themselves out. I also understand that isn't possible with this large of a forum presence. I participate daily in a forum that has no rules, it has a very mature audience but is very small since thick skin is a must. No way that kind of freedom would last very long around here unless the numbers went down to the last survivors of the thick skin crew.

Plus not being a mod allows me to freely judge the misguided actions of the over mods publicly instead of behind closed doors where those things should be done amongst themselves.

I heart you. 

Seems to be some anger/butthurtedness over why these five were picked. Let me break it down for you:

DerekClouser - takes a lot of time to setup the Epic ride for everyone to enjoy, apparently has a hot girlfriend/fiancé

CMH_Sprint - old and wise, like the Winnie the Pooh owl

TimTheAzn - quota

Jbot - asshole but cute like a panda

2TallTim - in the clique

If you're angry about not being picked, relax. This was more of a joke that got carried away anyways. I think the only person that didn't get a +1 from a mod was Midget, and that's mainly because of Jello incidents and his lack of ability to learn how to use the new software.  :lol: 

That said, if you legitimately want to be a mod and either didn't make the list or didn't speak up in the nomination thread, shoot me a PM. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Seems to be some anger/butthurtedness over why these five were picked. Let me break it down for you:

DerekClouser - takes a lot of time to setup the Epic ride for everyone to enjoy, apparently has a hot girlfriend/fiancé

CMH_Sprint - old and wise, like the Winnie the Pooh owl

TimTheAzn - quota

Jbot - asshole but cute like a panda

2TallTim - in the clique

If you're angry about not being picked, relax. This was more of a joke that got carried away anyways. I think the only person that didn't get a +1 from a mod was Midget, and that's mainly because of Jello incidents and his lack of ability to learn how to use the new software.  :lol: 

That said, if you legitimately want to be a mod and either didn't make the list or didn't speak up in the nomination thread, shoot me a PM. 

Using some of that criteria I think @NinjaDoc should be on the list too. He also fits the overwhelming oriental demographic.

Plus @DerekClouser will make that pretty girl drive for hours by herself just to save $10 that he was going to have to spend anyway.

Edited by Uncle Punk
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Using some of that criteria I think @NinjaDoc should be on the list too. He also fits the overwhelming oriental demographic.

Plus @DerekClouser will make that pretty girl drive for hours by herself just to save $10 that he was going to have to spend anyway.

I don't think @NinjaDoc threw his name in did he? And I thought he lived in Michigan now? 

You need to catch up, he lives in Ohio again. Just like most people that let the rug-rats consume their lives he no longer has time to organize or participate in rides. Only guest appearances from here on out.

I don't care if he didn't ask, railroad him into something that he doesn't have time for I say. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

I don't think @NinjaDoc threw his name in did he? And I thought he lived in Michigan now?

i sure hope this is a very wise joke :lol:  Do you remember a little brown guy in a black atgatt  on a white vstrom leading a group ride few weeks ago through seo right in front of you, that was me :D

@Uncle Punk @Isaac's Papa thank you for the vote + compliment guys,  I don't think I am a mod type coz I just let what ever happen because I know humans are the worst and the best and the paradigm shifts itself, as fellow crappy humans we never interfere  :p  But I would gladly and love to help with designing skin and stuff if Ben ever needs it down the road, as long as the back bone is similar to phpbb which I used to do a lot before

Derek > will be/ needs to be busy building his channel. we need a celebrity amongst us and not that crazy cyclecrazyaaa

Sprint: yet to meet him, one day for sure / so don't know

TimTheTrack: will be busy with tracks from now on

Tall Tim: Will be trying to do a good and honest mod job and people will hate him for that, don't do it brother u need to be free and go enjoy your solo mega million rides. This will mess you up. Ask Pauly 

jbot: pretty much doesn't ride any more, lot of time on forum, Moral compass is the best in terms of OR standards,  and will be the funniest guy interfering with other bots and marketing folks. Guess I should vote for you even if all the above are better candidates for the job. :lol:

Having said that, I still haven't voted as don't want to affect outcome, as all of them folks are friends cant choose among them.

Ben should probably cycle the mods among them all every 3 months or so. Don't give them mod badge.  Thus people don't get gawd complex and don't feel burdened at the same time and still look like regular members to others.

PS: UP -  despite being engulfed by real life, I still post rides at least twice a month (plus one guess the bike thread :( ) . I don't do the epic ride any more since Derek loves head ache of the weight it comes with and does a very good job both behind the screen and in face to face meets (where I sucked). I will continue to help him if he need organizing the forum part, but on the special day he has to step in front of the crowd and do the speech thingy and do the splitting up crap etc :bow:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

i sure hope this is a very wise joke :lol:  Do you remember a little brown guy in a black atgatt  on a white vstrom leading a group ride few weeks ago through seo right in front of you, that was me :D

I know that was you, but you made it for several SEO trips even when you lived in Michigan. I genuinely thought you were still living there. Sorry dude. 

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Tall Tim: Will be trying to do a good and honest mod job and people will hate him for that, don't do it brother u need to be free and go enjoy your solo mega million rides. This will mess you up. Ask Pauly 

That will never happen, my mileage burner trips is what I look forward to. I do most of my OR surf'n at work. I hate my job because I'm always there, but honestly I don't do much while I'm there. I get more breaks than a man should really get and I usually spend them on the computer killing time.  And I could really care less if folks hate me, I'd rather it be that way than deal with people being fake to me. 

Edited by 2talltim

27 minutes ago, snot said:

Will any of the new mods be able to ban Tonik for a day?

We could have a contest... 

I think the only advantage of a mod would be to see all the post that are deleted by accident.

Hidden behind the iron curtain, or jbots meat curtains, but never deleted. :)

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Cdubyah said:

Hidden behind the iron curtain, or jbots meat curtains, but never deleted. :)

As if you could ever recover anything from the hellish depths of my fleshy pungent roast beef maze. 

• Upvote 1

• 2talltim unpinned and unfeatured this topic