Looking to get my second bike... Hmm..

Scene

Hi.

I definitely just missed out on so much in this thread lol. But yes I hear that Honda's are bulletproof. I think I will stick with a Honda when I get a new one. I hear that the 2008 CBR600rr is like the best year, not sure why. But I also didn't know that 30k miles isn't a lot lol. I figured it was, but I do keep up on it and it runs perfect other than the battery needs to be replaced and most likely the chain and sprocket after this season.

I recently just bought new levers and clutch cable since I had a cheapo Chinese off-brand lever which shredded my clutch cable lol. These CRG RC2 levers are amazing and I feel that the clutch is way easier to pull now.

I think the cam chain issue has been resolved since I got this bike.

My bike is also completely vinyl wrapped so it looks pretty unique

I'm 5 ft 2 and can ride just about any bike out there except for some of the really tall adv/tour bikes. Well, I could ride them, it just wouldn't be pretty stopping. 

Slightly lowering a bike (under 1/2 inch) won't affect it that much but I'm not sure if you really need that at your height.  Setting the suspension accurately would probably help more than anything. I've found people have a tendency to set their bikes up kind of stiff although I'm lighter than most men so that may just be my opinion. I've owned a Hurricane, 600 F3 and a 600F4i and you really can't go wrong with a Honda. We've also had a 900, 929 and several Honda 600 race bikes and they were bullet proof as well. 

You say the bike has 30k miles. How many of those are yours?  I wouldn't recommend moving up to a liter plus bike unless you've had significant seat time.

I don't know what your budget is but the Daytona 675 is a great recommendation for something a little different. 

Also, 30k isn't a lot of miles on a bike and certainly not on a Honda. I've got 22k on my Ducati and I won't be putting it away any time soon. 

Good luck with whatever your choose. 

Mary

33 minutes ago, Mary#17 said:

I'm 5 ft 2 and can ride just about any bike out there except for some of the really tall adv/tour bikes. Well, I could ride them, it just wouldn't be pretty stopping. 

Slightly lowering a bike (under 1/2 inch) won't affect it that much but I'm not sure if you really need that at your height.  Setting the suspension accurately would probably help more than anything. I've found people have a tendency to set their bikes up kind of stiff although I'm lighter than most men so that may just be my opinion. I've owned a Hurricane, 600 F3 and a 600F4i and you really can't go wrong with a Honda. We've also had a 900, 929 and several Honda 600 race bikes and they were bullet proof as well. 

You say the bike has 30k miles. How many of those are yours?  I wouldn't recommend moving up to a liter plus bike unless you've had significant seat time.

I don't know what your budget is but the Daytona 675 is a great recommendation for something a little different. 

Also, 30k isn't a lot of miles on a bike and certainly not on a Honda. I've got 22k on my Ducati and I won't be putting it away any time soon. 

Good luck with whatever your choose. 

Mary

+1 for a 675. Love mine.

6 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I raced a buddy back in the day on the 06 f4i and he was on an 05 600rr. I beat him 3 times in a row. He was lighter, but wasnt as experienced of a rider.

I bet that extra weight of the 1000rr makes it feel more planted in the corners. I had the opposite feeling to transition to when I went from the 1000rr to the 600rr. 

The F4i definitely had more on the lower end compared to 600rr. Never drag raced any of the bikes or tracked them. All just my own feeling. Who knows maybe I was fastest on the F4i. :dunno:

I've ridden one before and loved it. I was actually considering one until I got the 1098.

It has some Ducatiish similarities particularly in the width department. Both are pretty thin. But power is powerrrrr and you can't compare a 1098 to a 675 in the power department.

I want moar power [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone.

11 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I want moar power emoji17.png

You need a RSV, I've got a 2016---gently used for 12.5K. Has your name written all over it. BTW, egotistical ride coaches hate it! :D

The "Save your ass" electronics are phenomenal! The bike has subtle ways of telling you your going mach retard.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

It has some Ducatiish similarities particularly in the width department. Both are pretty thin. But power is powerrrrr and you can't compare a 1098 to a 675 in the power department.

Sent from my iPhone.

Yeah, well originally I was looking at the 848 and 675 so a little closer but the 1098 with a dry clutch just sings to me plus it has more power. :D

Regardless, the 675 is a great bike. Nice powerband and just a really well balanced bike. 

11 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

ftfy

If you ever ride one you'll be hooked.

2 hours ago, Mary#17 said:

Regardless, the 675 is a great bike. Nice powerband and just a really well balanced bike. 

+1 675 for streets 

2 minutes ago, Scene said:

After some thinking...

I either want to test ride a 675, newer Cbr600rr and cbr1000rr.

I'll probably stick to the 600's but I figured I want to try a liter bike out once lol

08+ 600rr and 1000rr are my suggestions.

I have an 07 675, havent ridden the newer body style but I'm pretty sure they got a little better. Don't ride the 675r unless you plan on buying it that day.

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2016 at 7:22 PM, TimTheAzn said:

iPhone allowed me to send this

1050  SSSA http://thekneeslider.com/six-monkees-daytona-1050-speed-triple-full-fairing-superbike-conversion/

six-monkees-daytona-1050-530x384.jpg

• Upvote 1

So last night my wife and I were watching a show and they were talking about 0-60 times. So I got curious and wanted to know the time for my 06 1000rr. I Looked it up, and on the website I found my info on they said it was 2.9 sec. Here's the kicker though. The 01 F4i was the same time. So maybe @TimTheAzn was right my F4i was probably faster than my 600rr. 600rr was 3.4 sec. 

On 8/27/2016 at 7:50 AM, durk said:

So last night my wife and I were watching a show and they were talking about 0-60 times. So I got curious and wanted to know the time for my 06 1000rr. I Looked it up, and on the website I found my info on they said it was 2.9 sec. Here's the kicker though. The 01 F4i was the same time. So maybe @TimTheAzn was right my F4i was probably faster than my 600rr. 600rr was 3.4 sec. 

oh i turned around and beat him on his own bike on the way home....