Local Hunting Permission?

KaBar2336

Anyone in the NE Ohio are know of any private land owners that will allow people to hunt on there property? Archery only, no loud noises. Ground blind or climbing tree stand, nothing permanent. Just me and my brother-in-law. I am willing to give part of the harvest to the owner if required. Been hunting public land the last few years and its horrible.

Edited by KaBar2336

^Good luck! My old man quit hunting because of this issue. All his friends are slowly passing and the new generations don't like people on their land. Join as many American Legions etc and try to network with the old timers.   

Go to the farms in your area.  Farmers hate deer.  Might have to offer to put up hay or something, but worth it to avoid public land hunting.  I used to shoot groundhogs for a couple local farms who were happy for me to rid them of the varmints.

Don't be scared to knock on doors.  Bring permission slips with you, explain your intentions fully.  Offer a small service or like you said some of the meat.  If they are unwilling, it's usually because someone is already there, or they have had bad experiences in the past.

link for permission slip to print out:  https://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/Portals/wildlife/Forms/PermissiontoHunt.pdf

• Upvote 1

Also look at the suburbs of the Cleveland area.  Tons of them are allowing bow hunting starting this year.  Mine is for example (Seven Hills), maybe contact City Hall and see if they have a list of interested home owners. My yard isn't big enough or I would let you. Hate those fuckers.

It would be a slaughter, put your blind up the night before. Climb up and you will get one before the sun is fully up.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Also look at the suburbs of the Cleveland area.  Tons of them are allowing bow hunting starting this year.  Mine is for example (Seven Hills), maybe contact City Hall and see if they have a list of interested home owners. My yard isn't big enough or I would let you. Hate those fuckers.

It would be a slaughter, put your blind up the night before. Climb up and you will get one before the sun is fully up.

Check North Royalton too. I cant wait until they thin this heard in my area because they use my woods as a bed and my yard as their personal shitter

2 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Check North Royalton too. I cant wait until they thin this heard in my area because they use my woods as a bed and my yard as their personal shitter

Back off asshat, I got dibs on Ian's hunting talents. When he kills all the deer in my city he can move to yours.

Haha don't worry plenty of arrows to go around. I have actually been checking with all the fire departments in Northeast Ohio. I test most of the ladder trucks for pretty much all the fire departments. North Royalton included. I know all the Chiefs and have asked them as well as a lot of the firefighters themselves. No luck so far. Heading out to a Farm by West Branch today after work. Fingers crossed