I did a bad thing...water + phone = FML

ScubaCinci

Rumor is the 6S is already waterproof...Apple just won't officially confirm it. I had the 6+, the previous generation to the S and I can confirm it's not :cry:

After spending a few days tweaking the S4, adding apps, etc I can't say that I'm not that much of a fan. There are some things that are nice like widgets on the home screen(s) and the SD slot really is awesome. Other than that, I feel like the interface is not as intuitive as iOS and there are way too many configuration options for the average user...not only that but they aren't centralized. Some are in the app, some are in system settings in various spots, and some you just have to know to engage the contextual menu. I keep getting nags in the store about installing virus protection too :rolleyes:

Navigation is also inconsistent. Sometimes you hit the arrow back on the screen, sometimes the dedicated back button. If you hit the latter when you should've hit the other, you end up totally out of the app or set of screens you were on.

I'm sure part of it is just getting used to the UI since I've been using iOS for so long but I use a lot of gadget and UI's and done my fair share of evaluating them and/or testing them so I would say that I have a pretty good handle on UI's in general. I can say with certainty that the apps for iOS are much more polished than their Android counterparts. Facebook, messaging, myFitnessPal, etc are all more clunky.

All that said, would I move to Android? The short answer is no simply because I'm heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem with the watch, iPad, Mac and my wife has an iPhone so we can connect on various apps and stay in sync. The worst thing about not having the iPhone is the watch becomes really nothing more that a digital watch. I guess I can break out some of the nice watches I have sitting around, collecting dust.

If I wasn't in bed with Apple already, I definitely would consider an Android phone. Most of the apps I use pretty regularly are available on Android except for a few. I use an app called mSecure to keep track of all passwords, financial account #'s, etc and it's not available on Android which is bummer because I rely on that all the time to look up passwords and stuff. At least it's on my iPad.

Edited by ScubaCinci

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

And msecure is available for Android.

My bad...anylist is the app I was thinking of. mSecure is available but I would have to pay $10 for it on this platform. For a month, not worth it.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

tldr version: Joe can't figure out how to use Android and he already spent too much money on other iCrap.

I figured it out just fine...I figured out that it's not a nice as iOS. At least I gave it a go...I could've easily got an older iOS device as a stopgap for what I paid for this POS. The camera on this phone sucks donkey dicks.

I can't argue with the second half of your sentence.

Edited by ScubaCinci
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2016 at 0:01 PM, Tonik said:

Current rumor is that it will be waterproof. :lol:

Only when Perrier water is spilled on it...iPhones are particular about what they're bathed in.

Any other types of liquids and you'll be running back to the Apple store to buy another one.

:lol:

• Upvote 1