I did a bad thing...water + phone = FML

ScubaCinci

Went to the gym to swim some laps after work and as I got into the pool I realized my phone was still in my pocket. :eek::cry: FML :nono: My wife is out of town for nearly another week so have no phone at all to use, period. Only a corded phone for emergencies (911 only). I don't know if this thing is going to work now or not...I have to wait at least a day to see (don't tell me to put it in rice, it's no better than leaving it sit on the counter per studies).

It figures...I have shit going on at work and need to lead a conference call at 8am and likely more calls later in the day. I don't want to drive all the way to KY and spend the day at the office if I can help it. The worst part is, I was planning on getting the new iPhone when it comes out in 3 weeks or so.

So I was thinking about getting a burner phone in the meantime so I can at least do my work stuff. Any suggestions on a temp phone like from Walmart or something?

I need a drink

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Went to the gym to swim some laps after work and as I got into the pool I realized my phone was still in my pocket. :eek::cry: FML :nono: My wife is out of town for nearly another week so have no phone at all to use, period. Only a corded phone for emergencies (911 only). I don't know if this thing is going to work now or not...I have to wait at least a day to see (don't tell me to put it in rice, it's no better than leaving it sit on the counter per studies).

It figures...I have shit going on at work and need to lead a conference call at 8am and likely more calls later in the day. I don't want to drive all the way to KY and spend the day at the office if I can help it. The worst part is, I was planning on getting the new iPhone when it comes out in 3 weeks or so.

So I was thinking about getting a burner phone in the meantime so I can at least do my work stuff. Any suggestions on a temp phone like from Walmart or something?

I need a drink

My old iPhone 3GS took a swim in a pool with me. Phone lasted another year before the battery stopped holding a charge. 

Take it apart (warranty is voided anyways by the water). Soak up any water you see. Set it in front of a fan or dehumidifier if you have one. Wait as long as possible before turning it on. I've heard 24hrs. I waited like 12. 

• Upvote 1

My GS5 has been mounted on my bike in many down pours, dropped in the surf in Destin, FL, and had an entire McDs sweet tea dumped on it. Been dropped hard dozens of times and even rolled down a couple fights of stairs, have kept it in a Otter box defender but it is still perfect condition.  Its 2 years old and never given me ANY problems. I'm hard on my phones and this is my 3rd galaxy phone, I had the original Galaxy, the S3 and now the S5, not problems or break with any of them.  Every time the see a I phone with a cracked screen I just laugh. 

Edited by 2talltim

Thanks all. I ran out to Wallyworld and got a prepaid Samsung S4 for a temp phone...at least I can use it for a month or whenever I can get my hands on the iPhone 7 and then sell it.

I forgot to mention, I'm also awaiting a call from my wife who is in Hawaii with my son and his wife who is being induced for labor today. So at some point, I'm gonna be grandpa. At least until I get this up and running, she can text me on my iPad.

Before anyone gets any ideas ( @2talltim & @Tonik) about me falling in love and switching to Android...ain't happening. I had an Android tablet for a while and I thought it was meh and I'm already heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem (for better or worse) with the watch, iPad Pro, MacBook, Apple TV, etc. Although I did finally break down and get a MS Surface Pro 4 so I had a mobile Windows platform. Macs and programming .NET/C# is no bueno.

• Upvote 1

Better late than never :D

If mine doesn't end up working, it will be the first cell phone I've ever broken which is pretty fucking amazing given how long I've had one. For many years I carried two because I had to carry a Blackberry for work as well as a personal phone.

You've got to be kidding me...my Surface Pro that is all of a week old froze up and now won't boot properly. This is not my week.

oh and the POS Samsung phone keeps giving me an internal error message at the bottom and wants me to send an error report. I haven't done anything but activate it and text my wife. WTG Android...

You've got to be kidding me...my Surface Pro that is all of a week old froze up and now won't boot properly. This is not my week.

Should I now tell you about my $250 Toshiba Windows Laptop that's been going strong for 4 years now?
:popcorn:

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Should I now tell you about my $250 Toshiba Windows Laptop that's been going strong for 4 years now?
:popcorn:

I got it working after holding down a bunch of buttons, crossing my toes and doing a jig. Other than that hiccup, I really like it...especially for Photoshop since I can edit the photos by using the stylus on the screen which is way better than using that damn Wacom pad thing.

Just bad timing with the phone, work shit, baby coming, wife out of town, my birthday is tomorrow, blah, blah...just a lot of shit going on and I'm over this week.

I got it working after holding down a bunch of buttons, crossing my toes and doing a jig. Other than that hiccup, I really like it...especially for Photoshop since I can edit the photos by using the stylus on the screen which is way better than using that damn Wacom pad thing.

Just bad timing with the phone, work shit, baby coming, wife out of town, my birthday is tomorrow, blah, blah...just a lot of shit going on and I'm over this week.

Just trying to ruffle your feathers..lol

8 minutes ago, Cdubyah said:

Friend laid a crowbar on in Fridayand busted the screen around the home button. Then i drroped it yesterday. It really cracked then. Missing some pieces around the menu button. 

Well, I'm going to have an S4 for sale in about 3 weeks when the iPhone 7 comes out