Rant on Craigslist Cheap-o, Wanabe, "dont have that much" people

flashesbuck

@Bad324 If you're serious about buying a bike, Brian Mullins (Kanatuna on AFJ) just posted an ad here in Cinti on the CCR FB page for a '98 Superhawk with OH title for $2100.  Not a creampuff, but prolly a good deal.

And since this thread isn't a For Sale thread, I don't consider this shitting in someone's FS advert...IJS.

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 3

No matter what you post on CG you are going to have to deal with window shoppers and texters who don't understand the sales process.  These things happen every time I post on CG, you just weed through the idiots and work with the serious buyers.  I had a fully restored 83 Honda Shadow for sale on CG, I had people telling me I wanted double than what KB had it listed for.  KB doesn't mean shit if the bike is fully restored and looks like new.  Bottom line is I weeded through all the typical CG morons and got a serious buyer who gave me what I wanted for it.

"price firm, no trades" Goes on everything I sell on CL (which is not much).  Still get the occasional low baller or kid wanting to trade Playstation 2 and such.  I avoid CL if I can...damned Ebay fees got too high though.  Never understood all the trade offers on the stuff in the For Sale section?  There is a Barter section for that.  It's just a giant, shit-show, on-line fleamarket anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RCBS said:

"price firm, no trades" Goes on everything I sell on CL

and that is the right thing to do. Definitely should limit but will never get rid of all because some people just don't know how to read. I won't bother contacting on ads that have either of those statements in it if I am not willing to pay the price they are asking. Would be a waste of everyones time

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

and that is the right thing to do. Definitely should limit but will never get rid of all because some people just don't know how to read. I won't bother contacting on ads that have either of those statements in it if I am not willing to pay the price they are asking. Would be a waste of everyones time

Indeed.  If I am advertising on there, I know what I want for what I'm selling, so that's the price I list....take it or leave it.  I will keep unwanted junk before I sell it for less than it's worth (to me).  Now, if you open up the ad with "OBO" or "Trades considered" you have admitted that your asking price is not the true price and should be haggled accordingly.

I've had good success selling on CL.

On 8/17/2016 at 4:26 PM, redkow97 said:

It's not about what your bike is worth.  That is highly subjective.  Go ahead and search craigslist for other bikes listed in the $1800-$2500 range.  How your bike compares is very important. 

'99 F4 for $1800 http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5730285150.html

'96 FZR 600 for $1850 http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5676242569.html

'07 SV 650 for $2000 http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5697876304.html

'06 EX650 for $2000 http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5698871486.html

etc.

The SV= no title, The EX650 = tore up plastics, the other 2 are considerably older. Point taken and yes if you showed up at my house, and threw these adds at me and pointed out some flaws on the bandit, I would most serenely work with you on price. 

On 8/17/2016 at 0:46 PM, motocat12 said:

Want a pool table ?

How many miles are on it?

Thanks for the responses guys!