Mid Ohio Aug. 22-24 or Sept. 1

Skel

They do not have a tire vendor per say. There is a guy that will change and balance your tires if you have one already. They also usually have some decent take-offs for sale as well. But i don't believe they sell any new tires. 

I'll be there on the 23rd as of now!

The weather forecast looks nice.  I will be there on the 24th on the CB1000R, in the novice class (haven't done a trackday in years) of course.  I forgot to get a garage spot, so I will see if I can buy a partial spot when I get there.  

Edited by alienpi

You're just going to become a regular track guy there @jacobhawkins. At mid Ohio during the week. Then PIRC on the weekend. I'm jealous. I was going to try and come watch you guys at PIRC, if I do it will probably have to be Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

Haha  I wish, this has been the month from hell but I scheduled these things way in advance so fuck the rest of my responsibilities.  I was supposed to race minis Sunday, but I'm working instead...  Go out Saturday to PIRC and bring the CBR, you can do a couple sessions in morning for free.  Basically no tech is my understanding?

I've thought about it but I have to be back home by 3 or so and I don't want everything to be rushed. I still have a cbr but it now says 1000 instead of 600 on the side of it. I'm thinking track next year. I still should probably get some better gear for a track day. I have a suit that has the 3/4, 7/8 zipper that I'm fine with. I recently purchased some gauntlet gloves that I thought would be track appropriate but once I received them I question if they are or not. Don't know that my touring boots essentially will cut it either. With what I have spent lately on the new to me bike and my quad my wife will kill me if I go buying more gear for a track day even if I can ride for free. These will be your first track days correct? Be sure to let me know what you think after each of them? Sorry to hear things have been so crazy for. Enjoy your track days. 

I love the 1000. I'm not sure why it has gears 4,5,&6. I think it handles better than my 600. I find myself going faster because it seems as though the engine is never working. Where the 600 was always screaming to do what I wanted it to do. I did pick up a ticket unfortunately yesterday with it. Not that same thing could not have happened with the 600. When I got it I figured if I did not like it I could easily find somebody to trade me a 600 for it. I don't see that ever happening. I do enjoy shifting less.  Although I do find myself downshifting at times to get some engine brake for tighter corners (30mph and below) because it seems as though it rolls effortlessly through them. The 600 seemed to always have engine brake because I was high in the rpms constantly. My guess is that bike has a better life now that I'm not ringing its neck. 

On 8/19/2016 at 0:28 PM, F4iguy said:

Weather watching.  Will be there one of those days

lol, i want to see that GL drag those crash bars around the carousel! jk. John - did you buy another track bike?

fwiw, me and the crew will be there on Tue,

On 8/19/2016 at 8:43 PM, durk said:

You're just going to become a regular track guy there @jacobhawkins. At mid Ohio during the week. Then PIRC on the weekend. I'm jealous. I was going to try and come watch you guys at PIRC, if I do it will probably have to be Saturday. 

I'll be at PIRC on sat ;)

I would like to but I need to get gloves for the track and that's not gonna happen at this point. I just got rid of the 600rr and picked up a 1000rr. I've spent spent some money with that transition and my wife has already told me she feels like there are new things arriving daily to our house. Then I got a ticket last week. She was not impressed. So I'm gonna hold off and do the track thing next year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

Then I got a ticket last week. She was not impressed. So I'm gonna hold off and do the track thing next year. 

another ticket or two and you might be doing trackdays sooner than you think!

;)

4 hours ago, durk said:

I would like to but I need to get gloves for the track and that's not gonna happen at this point. I just got rid of the 600rr and picked up a 1000rr. I've spent spent some money with that transition and my wife has already told me she feels like there are new things arriving daily to our house. Then I got a ticket last week. She was not impressed. So I'm gonna hold off and do the track thing next year. 

I've got a couple spare sets of gloves.....test ride before you buy?!?