Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm sure they are great tires that's why I tried them, heard nothing but good news about them. But it's kind of like comparing apples to bowling balls here, you gotta think I'm rolling down the road about 400 pounds heavier than you are. They just don't work as well on the big heavy machines. Even some of the heavy sport touring guys that put down massive freeway miles in the Flatlands love them. But that's not how I roll.  Where we we are having the cupping or feathering issue is on the corners of the tread where the water sipes are. I'm assuming due to the weight and toque of our bikes the compound they use their cant withstand that as well as lighter  bikes. At first I was thinking it was my set up and maybe I could change some things. But then when I realize Justin was having the same exact problem with a totally different bike and setup.  It's gotta be due to the shear weight and the aggressive riding that we both share. Justin said that his are worse than mine. I can feel the unevenness with my hand and at extremely slow speeds while rolling but I can't feel them at regular speeds or fast speeds. So I'll roll these until I either have to take them off or I finish off the tread. More than likely I'll keep them on there till just before the June Gap trip.

1 hour ago, Casper said:

For touring tires on a sport bike, I think the PR4s are the bee's knees. 

6M3zjCmQA6-2.png

That's why I said for sport bikes. :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Doesn't matter what tire I mount to the Multistrada. I see less than 3,500 miles out of any rear I've ever bought. I think it might be turbo injected or something. 

It's the rider......He's a total baller. Or yes maybe super injecto charged. 

• Upvote 1

I got 5000 out of a 2CT on the rear of my bike.

But 2 of my bikes would weigh considerably less than Tim's setup and have much less hp :D

Need to mount the Metzeler M7 to match the front this weekend as the last hint of tread in the tire center has disappeared this week.

Craig

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

I forgot to rep you for riding that whole trip on a 2x4 - done! You should really qualify for the iron butt just for that feat alone.

Really wasn't that big of deal. The seat was no problem while riding with the group. Only issue was the slab miles to down there and back.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Danimal said:

Love Andy's frantic wave at the Pirate passed at the end.

I was having fun waving at people like I was on crack throughout the trip.

The crack may have had something to do with it. 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

I did that once when we were riding along the water before we got to the dragon. I thought the dude was going to stop thinking I was signaling that he had a problem. Doh.

Well, the two featured in the video were playing rock paper scissors with half the fucking people we passed. I'm sure the pirates thought they were just angrily shaking their fists because they accidentally bought shitty Japanese bikes and weren't riding true American steel. 

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

I thought we discussed in our long intercom chats never to speak publically about the rock paper scissors hand wave?

That it wuld cheapen the effect, eventually getting out into the interwebz and basically dulling or diluting the responses we get from passing bikes (which is pretty damn funny)

I think that should be the official OR wave. 

• Upvote 1

I won't lie, I was having fantasies about passing them on the outside in a sharp corner, knee down and finger up.

then I snapped back to reality, where I've never gotten a knee down even on the track. whump whump

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
16 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Any plans for a 2017 fall trip? @Tonik?

Depends which Justin is asking. The one that saved my life last fall or the one that planned a bunch of awesome trips this season and didn't invite me?

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Depends which Justin is asking. The one that saved my life last fall or the one that planned a bunch of awesome trips this season and didn't invite me?

The one that saved your life by seeing your shredding tire. I haven't planned any trips without inviting you. I blame @2talltim :D

• Upvote 1