Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yea, I tried really hard to get us to Lexington Monday, but it would have been tough.  I cut a lot just to get us to Rocky Top.

I think it is a good balance. If I need to be home Tuesday evening I can do it. If I want to take the extra day I can plan a more leisurely route home through WV.

If I had my old Vstrom I would probably just do the 4 hrs of slab, but that is much less desireable on the DRZ. 

Good job on the routes Jim.

Feel like they are set so we can start booking rooms or do you want to hear feedback first (I know, you don't give a shit about what everyone else wants :lol:). Someone usually has at least one brilliant observation. Oh wait, that's usually you.:thefinger:

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I would hold of making reservations for a few days until we are sure there are no changes. 

Take a good look at them, make specific suggestions gang....make them better.

2 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Good job on the routes Jim.

Feel like they are set so we can start booking rooms or do you want to hear feedback first (I know, you don't give a shit about what everyone else wants :lol:). Someone usually has at least one brilliant observation. Oh wait, that's usually you.:thefinger:

Guess we need a test on reading my posts too. You fail, just to be clear.

Ok, so I believe enough time has passed to allow everyone to not look at the routes and to not make any suggestions.  So I went ahead and made my reservations.  Watch the websites, Econo Lodge and Days Inn are pushing 'pay now' and get a deal.  But you can't cancel or change the reservation.

I'm still going to be a last min determination. I plan on going but if things don't line up perfectly something could throw a wrench into it. My plan is to have a guy cover me Saturday which he said he would and Monday and Tuesday I'm calling in sick days. Just hope that all pans out and I don't need to use those sick days between now and then, and my co worker keeps his promise.

Edited by 2talltim

Anyone booking rooms use the corporate code 1000008722 for the Days Inn and get my discount. Should give you what they call a "members rate" I can't help with the Red Roof or E.L.

Edit: only works on the days inn, not sure why I was thinking it included econo lodge

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Soooooo this could be a just a few of us or a real sausage-fest :wtf:

I'll try an look at booking hotels tonight. I've worked 48 hours in the past 4 days and today is the first day I should work a normal 8-hour day so I got a ton of stuff to catch up on.

Edited by ScubaCinci

20 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

If it's about my comment let her fly, I can take it. I think.

Ok, as a moderator for OR it is my duty to help people here get what they want.

So if its about quality and not quantity you staying home would be a very cool thing to do for the rest of us.

• Upvote 2

Ok, as a moderator for OR it is my duty to help people here get what they want.

So if its about quality and not quantity you staying home would be a very cool thing to do for the rest of us.

That hurt my feelers ..[emoji24]

Not really. You love me old man admit it. [emoji38]

• Tonik unpinned this topic