Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

5 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

How much law enforcement was on duty? I've seen videos where the cops pull people over nonstop. Reality or propaganda?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This trip was the fewest cops I've seen down there. Of course we came through Deals Gap on a Monday. Saturdays are a different story.

19 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

How much law enforcement was on duty? I've seen videos where the cops pull people over nonstop. Reality or propaganda?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

On the summer trip I took a day to run the Skyway, the Dragon and 28 only, all day, to work on some techniques. Didnt see any LEO's that day. Didn't see many that trip in general. Woulda seen one more but Joel, Tony, and myself merged onto the highway in-front of a state highway patrol.

@2talltim Lookin slim dude!

@what how you rode that distance with a backpack I'll never understand.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Thanks man, still working on it. 30 more lbs to my goal. Next spring will mean all new riding gear for me. Pants and jackets were loose as hell for this trip that won't fly once I hitmy goal.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

On the summer trip I took a day to run the Skyway, the Dragon and 28 only, all day, to work on some techniques. Didnt see any LEO's that day. Didn't see many that trip in general. Woulda seen one more but Joel, Tony, and myself merged onto the highway in-front of a state highway patrol.

@what how you rode that distance with a backpack I'll never understand.

I didn't have much weight in it. It was essentially just extra storage space if I needed it. 

19 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Just looked over the bike for the first time since the trip. My rear tire was brand new when I left, 0 miles. After the trip, the tire is feathering awful bad. This is my first set of PR4s and probably my last.

Just out of curiosity, what pressures are you running?

Mine seem to do better 3-4 over what Yamaha recommends.  Then again, I'm more of a distance rider, so the center always wears out first, with lots of tread left on the sides.  

26 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Just out of curiosity, what pressures are you running?

Mine seem to do better 3-4 over what Yamaha recommends.  Then again, I'm more of a distance rider, so the center always wears out first, with lots of tread left on the sides.  

42/42 I usually wear tires evenly across the tread.

5 hours ago, PhilD'oh! said:

What's your next set going to be, Tim?

Probably just jump back to the T30s, they wear even and stick like glue, yea I wasn't getting the mileage but for the cost they are probably the better deal still.

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Is this a good trip to judge tire wear?  We were tearing it up for four days non-stop.  Several folks had tire issues. :lol:

That's how I roll 80% of the time, so yea I can judge my usual wear.

Just found a sweet deal on BT023's, non GT spec but they are $160 delivered after rebate for the set. Don't think I can go wrong at all.

• Upvote 1

My PP3 rear is tore up pretty good too, was pretty much brand new before the trip. It probably has another 500 miles on it, maybe. 

I'm going to do 1 more PP3 rear to let the front wear out then swap over to Q3s and see how they do on the road. Love the Q3 on the track, sticky as hell. 

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

Interesting news article about Foothills. Looks like we may be able to ride the new section by 2018...

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/foothills-parkway-missing-link-nearly-bridged/344999526

That keeps getting pushed back. it was supposed to be this year . 

8 minutes ago, what said:

My PP3 rear is tore up pretty good too, was pretty much brand new before the trip. It probably has another 500 miles on it, maybe. 

I'm going to do 1 more PP3 rear to let the front wear out then swap over to Q3s and see how they do on the road. Love the Q3 on the track, sticky as hell. 

Last PP I ran on my TL lasted one trip.1800 miles . ..lol