Jump to content
JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Then tease him for being too young to buy an old man's bike. 

Hey now! That's mean. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

Then tease him for being too young to buy an old man's bike. 

Pretty sure we all have the sport version and you have the old man version.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 2:11 PM, Pauly said:

I ordered a few more sets of tires for the GSA. That puts me at 5 full sets after the knobblies wear down on the Dakars in a few thousand miles. I WILL be riding the spokes off that mo-fo this season. 

Fresh tires every change or are you going to be short a few rears if we get an ammo like tire shortage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Fresh tires every change or are you going to be short a few rears if we get an ammo like tire shortage?

I have 4 motorcycles. What tire shortage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shoop said:

Got my 2016 FJR back from the dealer today where she was getting transmission recall work done. Ran great. A bit brisk. 

Yamaha added the 6th gear with the 2016 model and apparently almost all of them were recalled. It's been quite a while since @JustinNck1 sold his five speed FJR, but I'm still gonna tease him about having (had) only five gears.

If I had 6, everyone would be complaining of the pace 😂

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tire pressure set. Heat-troller and tank bag ready to go. Helmet is charging. My ass is riding tomorrow. 

20210227_180140.jpg

  • Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, Pauly said:

Hey now! That's mean. 

 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:30 PM, Tonik said:

Pretty sure we all have the sport version and you have the old man version.

All Goldwings are old man's bikes.  No 20 year old rider wants to buy a Wing.  However, the Wings are faster and more nimble than most people think.  Even the last generation gl1800s.

  Pauly's post on the gl1800 site about the prices for the leftover 2018 gl1800s had me thinking really hard about picking one up.  I'll get one in a few years.  Right now my daughters love the old man's version of the old man's bike.  Here is a photo of an old man with a preteen daughter on the Tail of the Dragon that chased down some sport bike riders.  What you don't see in the photo is the other 2 sport bike riders that were passed to get to this group.2051720207_Photo5.jpg.1744f6a1e6f268a636b408e1db38d524.jpg

 

Photo 14.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I say "ride my bike"? I meant look at it some more and maybe change the oil. :(

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Connie14 said:

 

All Goldwings are old man's bikes.  No 20 year old rider wants to buy a Wing.  However, the Wings are faster and more nimble than most people think.  Even the last generation gl1800s.

  Pauly's post on the gl1800 site about the prices for the leftover 2018 gl1800s had me thinking really hard about picking one up.  I'll get one in a few years.  Right now my daughters love the old man's version of the old man's bike.  Here is a photo of an old man with a preteen daughter on the Tail of the Dragon that chased down some sport bike riders.  What you don't see in the photo is the other 2 sport bike riders that were passed to get to this group.

I don't see any reason to upgrade from your current Wing. I moved on from a very different bike than what you are riding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I don't see any reason to upgrade from your current Wing. I moved on from a very different bike than what you are riding. 

He wants Android Auto, true story.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonik said:

He wants Android Auto, true story.

 

IMG_22082014_091948.png

  • Beer 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank the touring gods for Android Auto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil changed. I might flush the brakes tomorrow. Stay tuned... 

20210228_154541.jpg

 

20210227_180230.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed Racetorx Shift Support

Adjusted Rearsets

Installed RG Radiator Guard

Adjusted Clipons

Installed lap timer mount

Installed rear captive caliper bracket

New grips

Installed number plates/ rider logos

Brake lever guard

Changed the oil

Waiting on new front brake lines before I install speed bleeders and bleed the brakes.

DAEF5756-6388-44BA-A7D6-61EF8198EC3C.jpeg

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Tim, that looks good.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Damn Tim, that looks good.

Thanks man! She cleaned up pretty nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are those carpet squares or loose stone pavers? hopefully not pavers 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, what said:

are those carpet squares or loose stone pavers? hopefully not pavers 😬

Look like the rubberized patio blocks. I'm not sure I would trust rolling my stand underneath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brakes flushed. :)

C'mon Little Miss Sunshine. Don't fail me now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Brakes flushed. :)

C'mon Little Miss Sunshine. Don't fail me now. 

49 minutes later, this post didnt age well...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a short hour and a half ride in. It was nice to ride. Could have been a little warmer. 
1JmcUza.jpg

E4Ubj2f.jpg

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was tempting day to ride for sure! 

Edited by Muckles
Autocorrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...