What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a run to SEO. Ran some roads the opposite direction I normally do to mix things up. Hit 255 and even ran a gravel road due to a road closure on 22. The gravel  gave me flashbacks of @NinjaDoc connectors. 

qZQNRlc.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crusadee said:

Hey what kind of wrap was used? And is it hard to do? Ive really been wanting to change up the color on my ZX14R.

3M vinyl I found on Amazon. It can be easy or hard, depends on what you're wrapping. Lots of little nooks and crannies/uneven edges, rounded corners, etc add to the difficulty. The stuff I wrapped wasn't that hard but it took a little while and patience. It's cheap enough that it's worth trying though at least.

18 minutes ago, what said:

3M vinyl I found on Amazon. It can be easy or hard, depends on what you're wrapping. Lots of little nooks and crannies/uneven edges, rounded corners, etc add to the difficulty. The stuff I wrapped wasn't that hard but it took a little while and patience. It's cheap enough that it's worth trying though at least.

Which stuff? Did you need any other tools? Heat gun/ plastic cards/ etc.

20 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Which stuff? Did you need any other tools? Heat gun/ plastic cards/ etc.

Yes to heat gun and the kit came with a plastic scraper card.  It had some velvety material on it also.  

But the heat gun was incredibly overkill.  A hair dryer would probably be just fine.  My heat gun has a Hot and Lava setting. Hot was plenty.

Definitely better with 4 hands instead of 2.  One guy holds the sheet while the other does the sticking.

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went for a short ride this evening near my house. Thought I’d play some country music through my headphones to hopefully keep a slow pace. That plan didn’t work much past the driveway. It was a fun hour and half with no cops spotted anyway. 

Slabbed to meet the Wunderboys last night. Today was 438 miles of Appalachian shenanigans. Had some river trout. Showed Tony the race line on WV-20. Time for a shower, some beverages and maybe a cigar to reward a ride well done. I want to ride Tony's bike, but he used up all the sticky stuff. Perhaps next time?

20200718_112716.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

Slabbed to meet the Wunderboys last night. Today was 438 miles of Appalachian shenanigans. Had some river trout. Showed Tony the race line on WV-20. Time for a shower, some beverages and maybe a cigar to reward a ride well done. I want to ride Tony's bike, but he used up all the sticky stuff. Perhaps next time?

20200718_112716.jpg

It was a great day sun up to sun down.

17 hours ago, what said:

Tires are ready to go for the next track day 

FB_IMG_1595127996856.jpg

3 hours ago, durk said:

Why WD40?

Yeah everyone knows PB Blaster is for the Track and WD40 is for the street. WTF is wrong with him?

Edited by 2talltim

14 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

It was a great day sun up to sun down.

Ah yes, The Wunderkind out in the 90deg temps all day. My hat is off to you gents. Well done.

I have been enjoying my early weekday morning sprints around the Hocking Hills area with little to no traffic and tree shade covering. Got multipule curve and elevation changes that will suffice till temps drop and I can do a day ride.

• Upvote 1

Nice, short blast home on some majorly fun roads. First overnight WV trip of the year for me and long overdue. I got home around 2:30, had a mile of sprinkle before pulling in the garage. Left my disgustingly odorous helmet and riding suit hanging on the porch, showered, ate, passed out... conscious again. 

Thanks, @Tpoppa and @Skinny guy for the amazing ride. It was a great time. 

Screenshot_20200719-182524_Connected.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-182507_Connected.jpg

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

Put down 300 miles of twisty roads with a couple rookie ish riders. Kinda cool to see the fellas getting more comfortable on the bikes and confident with there lines. Looks like West Virginia woulda been a lot more fun but couldn’t get away for 2 days. 

• Upvote 2

I have begun off-road mods. Tires being installed, aux lights pulled, passenger pegs pulled, mud deflector pulled. Began the final drive service and the gear lube looked good. No burnt smell or large pieces of casting. The splines also look good and no water inside the swingarm. I will probably yank the mirrors and install those ugly ball-in-socket mirrors. I will also install a final drive relocation breather kit, lower engine guard braces and plug the red pill into the harness. Down the rabbit hole I go... 

Attach17783_20200720_171244.jpg

Attach17782_20200720_171239.jpg

Attach17781_20200720_171235.jpg

20200720_150453.jpg

20200720_150442.jpg

Attach17785_20200720_171301.jpg

Attach17780_20200720_171230.jpg

Attach17779_20200720_171229.jpg

20200720_150536.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice day for a ride from Lake Erie down to Mohawk Dam.  Hit some of my favorite roads in the area and explored some of the gravel roads off of 715.  And finally, rode the gravel road that accesses the base of the dam.  Only 225 miles, but hey, I’m retired.  I can go again tomorrow.  😎

14F3CB3B-4198-494D-9EA0-407D465CA205.jpeg

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Nice day for a ride from Lake Erie down to Mohawk Dam.  Hit some of my favorite roads in the area and explored some of the gravel roads off of 715.  And finally, rode the gravel road that accesses the base of the dam.  Only 225 miles, but hey, I’m retired.  I can go again tomorrow.  😎

14F3CB3B-4198-494D-9EA0-407D465CA205.jpeg

You said gravel roads. Be interested in something a little more than gravel? I’m usually in that area every other weekend and I’ve got a pretty sweet route.