JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I've been super impressed by BMW's adaptive suspension.  It feels comfortable, sporty, and planted all at the same time.  It soaks up the bumps  then sticks like glue in corners...other bikes are usually one or the other or a compromise.  It's confidence inspiring and the lack of getting bounced around prevents fatigue.

I really wanted to own one with active suspension, when ever I had rode rentals always been impressed by it. One of my biggest weakness/fear is uneven pavement or irregularities could never managed to pick speed or rhythm in there. 

29 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I really wanted to own one with active suspension, when ever I had rode rentals always been impressed by it. One of my biggest weakness/fear is uneven pavement or irregularities could never managed to pick speed or rhythm in there. 

It took me a couple rides to get used to it.  Like if there were bumps before a corner I'd expect to feel the chassis get unsettled a bit before  I leaned it in. I'd see bumps and prepare for them....but the bike stays planted over bumps and through the corner.

The learning curve is short. I notice the difference when riding the N400.

Edited by Tpoppa

The engine is amazing. The shift-assist is amazing. The suspension is amazing. The brakes are amazing. The fuel range is amazing. The ergos are amazing. 

It has nothing that isn't brilliant.. except the wheels. :lol:

250 miles on the Voyager. I believe the BMW has spoiled me. That Kaw rides like a jackhammer if the road isn't perfectly paved. 

Fucking ruined me, you dirty Krauts. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CoDAF said:

250 miles on the Voyager. I believe the BMW has spoiled me. That Kaw rides like a jackhammer if the road isn't perfectly paved. 

The day you bought that virus of a motorcycle home I told you it’s going to eat up everything. I told you you were going to sell every other motorcycles :) and never look at other motorcycles. Your now a swan motorcyclist. Monogamotorcyclist :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoDAF said:

You need a Goldwing.

49 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You need a Goldwing.

I don't know. Watching you shell all that plastic really turned me off. The Goldwing may be a superior 2-up machine, but I will settle for 2nd best to avoid tearing into Fort Knox to change an air filter. 

Honestly, fresh tires would make a huge difference on the Whale. It is within 600 miles of 80k. I think the tires have about 8500 on them. I remember you saying they go quickly once they get this far. I already notice increased effort to dip into corners. She isn't as lightfooted as last season. 

That said, I am still perfectly content to 2-up tour on the Voyager. That bike isn't perfect, but it is pretty damn good for it's intended purpose. And it is a beautiful bike. I get more compliments on the Voyager than I have any other previous bike.

@NinjaDoc, the R1200 boxer is probably the best engine I have had in a bike. It is very similar to the 1100 oil-cooled twin the Multi had hanging from its loins. The Multi was my favorite bike, but the GS has bumped it down a peg. I love the engine in that bike. The refinement is finer than a Ducati. The build quality of the bike is unmatched. I knew the bike would be a BMW. I expected quality to be present, but I am legit blown away by its ability to haul fucking ass and not feel like it. It impresses me every time I ride it. I am unsure if I will have another BMW because of brand loyalty, or because I won't be worth a fuck without the tech kit that comes on the damn things. :lol:

2 hours ago, CoDAF said:

I can't edit my post. 

20200503_142913.jpg

• Beer 1

The crossplane is a thirsty engine. I think my R1 was getting about 23mpg cruising at 75 in 6th gear on the highway. I expect about half that at the track.

Damn, someone else is getting to experience the joy of riding down from Cleveland and I'm not around to see it.

• Beer 1

ordered a euro headlight harness for dual lights.

I haven’t done anything to my bike or even rode it this year. Been being good and staying home. Done with that shit. Need to put the battery in her and change the oil and front pads. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I haven’t done anything to my bike or even rode it this year. Been being good and staying home. Done with that shit. Need to put the battery in her and change the oil and front pads. 

Riding is 100% ok per Ohio's social distancing guidelines.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Riding is 100% ok per Ohio's social distancing guidelines.

Can't deprive ourselves of one of the best mental health outlets during these stressful times. Plus it actually keeps you away from a lot of people!

4 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Can't deprive ourselves of one of the best mental health outlets during these stressful times. Plus it actually keeps you away from a lot of people!

Plenty of distance, gloves and a face shield...and a motorcycle is way faster than Corona virus.

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Plenty of distance, gloves and a face shield...and a motorcycle is way faster than Corona virus.

A new ride titled "run from the rona" should commence!

On 5/3/2020 at 2:21 PM, Pauly said:

The engine is amazing. The shift-assist is amazing. The suspension is amazing. The brakes are amazing. The fuel range is amazing. The ergos are amazing. 

It has nothing that isn't brilliant.. except the wheels. :lol:

Neil Peart was no dummy! 

The Ingun is down for a couple weeks. Sending the headers out to get Ceramic Coated from Jet Hot. They claim 55%-65% surface heat reduction that will be on top of the heat shields and liners. The only two things we/she dislikes about the bike is the heat off the pipes and fuel capacity. At least we can take care of one of those.

20200508_162455.jpg

20200508_162443.jpg

Resprung the suspension on my e-bike. Serviced the forks and bearings.

image.png.86607f601df232c7e0df135404ee6ca8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

got a refund on my euro headlight harness. we have had to put a halt on our international orders due to COVID restrictions, our last 6 weeks of overseas orders has been held up due to a lack of flights out of the country and we are having to do refunds and are unable to get our goods back at this point in time.

17 hours ago, motocat12 said:

got a refund on my euro headlight harness. we have had to put a halt on our international orders due to COVID restrictions, our last 6 weeks of overseas orders has been held up due to a lack of flights out of the country and we are having to do refunds and are unable to get our goods back at this point in time.

x2. more not shippin. Maybe it's a stimulus bonus and they are sending it to me for free?

image.png.b257c2832a2f1faa293ff6ab81fba5db.png

Edited by motocat12

On 5/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, Steve Butters said:

About to clean dirty bitch up and get her ready for some miles 

20200509_185559.jpg

hah that thing looks like a grom next to your truck... I stared at it long enough to see the header.

• Haha 1

Great street ride today with the wife. 188 Miles, 5hrs street time and 30min of rest.

Hocking--Nelsonville--Amesville-Stewert--Coolsville---Little Hocking--Belpre- Parkersburg (Lunch, FT. Boreman Overlook) --Barlow--Watertown---Stockport--McConnelsville-- 78 Home to Hocking. Great roads and weather.

May2020-.jpg

May2020--.jpg

Edited by B-Mac

31 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Great street ride today with the wife. 188 Miles, 5hrs street time and 30min of rest.

Hocking--Nelsonville--Amesville-Stewert--Coolsville---Little Hocking--Belpre- Parkersburg (Lunch, FT. Boreman Overlook) --Barlow--Watertown---Stockport--McConnelsville-- 78 Home to Hocking. Great roads and weather.

May2020-.jpg

May2020--.jpg

Great wind therapy for you and your wife! Looking forward to the same once my bike is done.