What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Looks great.   That looks like a brand new bike.  👍

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. New and improved look same perfection in comfort, utility and handling that I've made it into over the years.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. New and improved look same perfection in comfort, utility and handling that I've made it into over the years.

I guess I’ll need to start looking for a red Connie when I’m down near Mohawk Dam In the future.  LOL

The guy that sold you the parts looks to be “not financially challenged” by the number of toys in his driveway. 

39 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I guess I’ll need to start looking for a red Connie when I’m down near Mohawk Dam In the future.  LOL

The guy that sold you the parts looks to be “not financially challenged” by the number of toys in his driveway. 

That's why he needs the space.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wahoo said:

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

That's why he needs the space.

Yup he seem very meticulous about his stuff. He was moving into a smaller place and like mentioned he had to clear some stuff out. Claimed he sold over $12k worth of part parts out of his shop in the last few months. 

Officially christened. This is a spot that I've literally taken hundreds of shots of my bikes over the years. In New Concord now getting gas. 

She's running awesome nothing has fallen or or loose. Not bad considering 5 days ago she was a skeleton.

20200523_115010.thumb.jpg.3cbb486c9d6d853a2d28435d80bc8e0e.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Officially christened. This is a spot that I've literally taken hundreds of shots of my bikes over the years. In New Concord now getting gas. 

She's running awesome nothing has fallen or or loose. Not bad considering 5 days ago she was a skeleton.

20200523_115010.thumb.jpg.3cbb486c9d6d853a2d28435d80bc8e0e.jpg

Thought I saw you rolling thru AEP

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Is that on route 2 in WV?

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

No up by Ashtabula near the covered bridges somewhere.

That’s actually in Jefferson where I live. 

6 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Thought I saw you rolling thru AEP

Yup probably did. Made a stop at the bucket then proceeded down to Beverly then Coolville. 

20200523_131549.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 3

Road yesterday with the Commander. Today, Annual service on the bug out generators. The V-Strom Brake/Clutch Fluids replaced. R/Pads also. Tires in progress, Can't make up my mind(B.Stones 90/10's) (Metzlar 80/10)(Mitas 50/50) Hate it when this happens.

23May20 ride.JPG

May 2020 Maint (1).JPG

May 2020 Maint (2).JPG

• Upvote 3

My oldest daughter, Tory and I put down 425 miles today in about 8.5hrs. 

We had some fun running down a youngster riding a Yamaha naked bike on 170. Then we made our way to Hundred, WV. Along the way we made a couple college visits. 

QsbaMZb.jpg

loqkDyw.jpg

WV250 was in decent shape. WV7 was great. We ran OH7 to 556 to 145 to 148 to 9. We had very little traffic on the whole run. The run up 9 was the cleanest run I think I’ve ever had up or down that road. 

One last photo. 

EpTyKVu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

First fast group ride in Raleigh NC this past weekend. After many private messages in FB got to know about this “secret” ride and group. They keep to themselves due to many newbies coming and crashing etc, similar story to our side. I was warned and re warned multiple times  different folks that pace is hot and dangerous the usual story to our side. Some how I mustered up enough courage to jump right into a group of 10 strangers there.  I am basically a shy introvert guy and it was a huge mental exercise and accomplishment for me to walk up to group of strangers and say, hi I am a new uninvited guy wanting to join the group and  ride. 🙂 but well worth the effort and had an awesome day. 

but the take home point I noticed is, our core group of people in OHIO is a bunch of crazy mofos on two wheels lol, I think we kinda lost the meter to measure pace. This group ride felt like a good solid fast medium pace at best. The fast ride pace sometimes we push back in Ohio seems ridiculous if that’s the case 😆 May be this will help me realign inbuilt accelerometer in the head. Few months here and be back to normal motorcyclist again. I remember after 2 yrs in Michigan almost felt like having to relearn riding as there were hardly any corners in that crappy flat land. Here at least there are few sweepers and clean roads and weather. Michigan has nothing..... absolutely nothing. 😑

again be safe and ride safe fellas miss those twisty roads 🤙🏽

Some of the awesome bikes that showed up there. 

BA234CF2-3CCA-430D-B1EB-CF6F505A4D32.jpeg

7D513E6D-4D78-4209-BFBB-B7D325CFCC5E.jpeg

91A1F47B-9FAF-4882-B19C-7B71D2CABFD6.jpeg

9929BB61-D8FC-421B-B183-6CCF31F7C661.jpeg

B58DB73C-A816-4539-8E0F-305951E1C3DA.jpeg

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

First fast group ride in Raleigh NC this past weekend. After many private messages in FB got to know about this “secret” ride and group. They keep to themselves due to many newbies coming and crashing etc, similar story to our side. I was warned and re warned multiple times  different folks that pace is hot and dangerous the usual story to our side. Some how I mustered up enough courage to jump right into a group of 10 strangers there.  I am basically a shy introvert guy and it was a huge mental exercise and accomplishment for me to walk up to group of strangers and say, hi I am a new uninvited guy wanting to join the group and  ride. 🙂 but well worth the effort and had an awesome day. 

but the take home point I noticed is, our core group of people in OHIO is a bunch of crazy mofos on two wheels lol, I think we kinda lost the meter to measure pace. This group ride felt like a good solid fast medium pace at best. The fast ride pace sometimes we push back in Ohio seems ridiculous if that’s the case 😆 May be this will help me realign inbuilt accelerometer in the head. Few months here and be back to normal motorcyclist again. I remember after 2 yrs in Michigan almost felt like having to relearn riding as there were hardly any corners in that crappy flat land. Here at least there are few sweepers and clean roads and weather. Michigan has nothing..... absolutely nothing. 😑

There is a lot of unused tire on some of those bikes....

32 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Fast is relative.  There's always someone faster.  And there's always someone who thinks your medium is too fast :lol:

• Haha 1