What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great labor day 240 mile ride today from the Hock out past Cambridge area and back with the wife/Spyder in tow.  Great weather. We staid off so of the more tourist routes and enjoyed quit back roads.

Chandlerville - Claysville - New Concord (Coffee) - Senecaville - Buffalo - Musky Bucket( Via 284) - Mconnelsville - Philo - Shawnee.

Route 669's Chip is almost all packed down. 146 & 313 & 248 all in great shape. My new (Bridgestone Battlax T30 EVO's) on the Z feel good and are pretty much scuffed in but will have to go out alone to clean up the edges and get a real feel on the front at a elevated pace.

Got about +1hp (12.55 wheel HP with 8.6 ftlbs) on the Grom with a new tune on Saturday thanks to The Dyno Shop in Powell. Stock HP/torque on that dyno is about 7.8HP and 7.5 ft lbs - so pretty big gains. Ported head and larger TB are being installed this winter, would be awesome to see 14 wheel horsepower out of it. 

Got rained out yesterday at the track and then spent the afternoon in a mad scramble getting bike title notarized to sell the thing today. 

Spent today bummed out after the dude backed out at the last minute because ???

Yay.

Also fuck selling bikes it's the worst. 

Edited by what

Threw the wheels back on the Hyper and slapped some new rear pads on the Voyager. I still need to change the oil on the Hyper, but I caught a bitch of a flu bug and spent all night shaking with a fever. I am just too pooped to pop today. Putting the wheels on absolutely wore me out. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Threw the wheels back on the Hyper and slapped some new rear pads on the Voyager. I still need to change the oil on the Hyper, but I caught a bitch of a flu bug and spent all night shaking with a fever. I am just too pooped to pop today. Putting the wheels on absolutely wore me out. 

Me and the Mrs. are sick too. Wanted to go ride but taking residence on the couches instead.

Well, I don't know what I did Sunday to cause it, but I lost my voice somehwere near Charleston. Other than some minor sinus pressure, I feel fine. I just can't talk...which will surely make tomorrow's training sessions seamless. Oh, well. At least I am vertical. 

Also, I have done nothing to my bike today. 

Put on cnc levers. Found the clutch already had a threaded adjustment nut opposite the cable adjuster. On the plus side, they fit. They were sold as fitting two versions with different brakes.

Each newer design seems to get worse. The adjustable plungers sucked. But the new one recesses into a rotating barrel inside the perch and it will mount miss-seated. Lining up for the pivot bolt was very difficult for some reason.

s-l1600.jpg

9 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Is that a Roger Daltrey puppet or he made of Play Dough from the neck up?

Looks like something the artists at Madame Tussauds' turned out while tweaking on meth.

Edited by SpecialEd

On 9/8/2019 at 11:10 AM, Pauly said:

At the school I work in, there has already been a large outbreak of flu and some sort of icky sinus thing. Many students and staff down for the count. And it was 88° here today. WTF . . . ?

51 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

At the school I work in, there has already been a large outbreak of flu and some sort of icky sinus thing. Many students and staff down for the count. And it was 88° here today. WTF . . . ?

In California, there were two highschool football teams flying to Washington. I was surrounded by teenagers for a good while. I am sure I got something from one of them. Regardless, fever broke Sunday am and I was feeling ok. I was tired, but on the upswing. I started driving to NC on Monday for work and then my voice started to go. I couldn't talk yesterday at all, but today is an improvement. Now that my voice is returning, my left ear canal feels like it has water inside and it is beginning to ache. I can hear, but the sound is muted. I flushed my nasal cavity with salt water and that helped my sinuses. If my ear isn't improved when I wake up, I will drive to the closest urgent care and choke down the out of network bill. 

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

In California, there were two highschool football teams flying to Washington. I was surrounded by teenagers for a good while. I am sure I got something from one of them. Regardless, fever broke Sunday am and I was feeling ok. I was tired, but on the upswing. I started driving to NC on Monday for work and then my voice started to go. I couldn't talk yesterday at all, but today is an improvement. Now that my voice is returning, my left ear canal feels like it has water inside and it is beginning to ache. I can hear, but the sound is muted. I flushed my nasal cavity with salt water and that helped my sinuses. If my ear isn't improved when I wake up, I will drive to the closest urgent care and choke down the out of network bill. 

pour hydrogen peroxide in your ear and hold your head sideways until the bubbling slows. . I've had that help with tooth infections even.

apparently opinions  vary https://www.metrohealth.org/otolaryngology/ear-care/ear-infections

Edited by motocat12

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I bought some liquid lidocaine for my ear to lessen the ache so I can sleep. It seems that the sinus infection caused my ear trouble, which makes sense. I will keep treating my sinuses and roll the dice with my ear. 

Super hot compresses against the ear will help with the pain.