What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washed all the dust off and changed the oil... Registration is due, might as well put some miles on her this year... I need to go back to my other thread about the battery and follow the tests yall posted for me... It fired right up today, I think it knows when we're at the gas station because that's the only place it's ever not started lol

124549.jpeg

18 minutes ago, max power said:

If it wasn’t 3” long

I had similar incident a couple years ago. The hole was down inside a tread like it appears to be for you. I plugged it and rode it for about 4000 miles before replacing it. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, durk said:

I had similar incident a couple years ago. The hole was down inside a tread like it appears to be for you. I plugged it and rode it for about 4000 miles before replacing it. 

If it didn’t have a tube.   

All the shops want $50 to replace the tube    

Might as well put that $50 towards the tires I need on it.  Cut into my new helmet money though. 

Edited by max power

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Okay I have a little more to say about it here's what I posted on a Concours 1400 Facebook page.....

First impression 10 mile run very familiar local twisty road with Steve Sefsicks mountain runner flash.......

HOLY FUCK!!!

I'm running easy one maybe even two gears higher and she pulls harder than I've ever felt. She's got that front-wheel feeling float going on that you normally feel between 6k and 9k RPM it's now doing it between 4k and 7k. The smoothness of Shifting the engine braking the rolling on and off the throttle smoothness  is everything that was promised.
 But the one thing I want to add that I've never heard anybody talk about is THAT SOUND! I've never heard my bike make those sounds. That deep Lowdown growl on the bottom end. That almost freight train like Tornado sound coming from the air box area and ram air ports at WOT. 
I've put 50k miles on this bike since I've owned it and I think we just opened up a whole new can of worms. I was never ever ready to trade her in but now she's so much better. 
Kind of like having a beautiful woman that you thought was perfect and then she decides she wants to have a boob job and starts doing squats regularly...haha..lol
So much more to come but couldn't take her out any longer. One because it's getting ready to rain and two my low fuel light has been on for 20 miles because I'm going to do the filter pickup sock on the pump later in the week so I don't want to put any more gas in it. 
 Oh yeah the brand new T 30s feel fucking fantastic.  It's going to be fun times in the dirty south next week.

Sounds like that flash gets all the ZX-14 power that they detune out of them!

Been thinking about buying a spare ecu to flash for my gsx-s1000f.  Don't want to void the warranty, so that's my only option. Also leaning heavily towards putting a yosh can on it, mostly for looks....maybe if the bandit ever sells....

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Angel looks thrilled..lol

Yeah me and Derrick hanging out talking motorcycles until after they closed. Being a retail store manager for many years, she was not happy we were there after close.

• Haha 1

Little disassembly to replace the fuel filter pickup sock in the bottom of the fuel pump. Kawasaki doesn't recommend changing this but as you can see it's pretty filthy and it's the only serviceable fuel filter on the bike. They don't even list a part number for this on the C14 you have to order one for a Kawasaki Mule but it's the same thing New part will be here tomorrow.

20180612_171122.thumb.jpg.43546782c2f7bae5d13c4ed740c67b70.jpg20180612_160848.thumb.jpg.66dc9dcc2c6da14e2f50ebab50a7f811.jpg20180612_155947.thumb.jpg.fb9720cd4d8ec64ae00fa2ca8a9919e7.jpg20180612_155941.thumb.jpg.ca9a6a045fd1da82fb7ceb959e2c952c.jpg20180612_153459.thumb.jpg.2f86d28fd2296583f0c3336cd66da6ba.jpg

• Upvote 1