What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I partially blame you. And thank you at the same time. :lol: 

I felt the same way toward @Tonik about Ivans flash and a few other bits but....now I just thank him. 

20 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

What is going on up in there?

Looks like Tim will be getting a mountain runner flash before running off to the mountains. :lol:

12 hours ago, Qman said:

Tried the Givi tanklock on my GSA...Wouldnt stay latched.  That mounting mechanism is way cheep.  Sent it back and ordered the SWMotech setup...SO much more robust mounting system.  I like the Givi bags, but that mounting is a joke.

I would say the opposite. Had a Cortech tank lock system. It was okay, nothing great. I don't care for the SW-Motech system with the little pull tab. In the hundreds for fuel ups with the Tanklock system, I've never had an issue, and I've never had the bag even come loose.

7 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

What is going on up in there?

6 hours ago, motocat12 said:

ecu scrambling?

6 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

I felt the same way toward @Tonik about Ivans flash and a few other bits but....now I just thank him. 

Looks like Tim will be getting a mountain runner flash before running off to the mountains. :lol:

Yup, Yup .....https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Edited by 2talltim

Ended up going with these in reflective blue from shine graffix.  Motoinkz never answered my email asking about reflectivity. 

If I could have found a company that didn't intentionally misspell their name, I would have chosen them on that merit alone. 

wheel-stripe-spin-bike.jpg

• Like 1

Zig Zagged south to Oak Hill on the Z1K with the wife from Hocking Hills. Picked up 93S to Ironton. Had lunch at Wild Wings. Then hit 141N-Ironton to Gallipolis. Road 160N to 324W to 93N back home. 285 Miles.  Great day, not too shabby road choices.

28783177508_874c4fffdf_b.jpgIronton, Lunch by
  • Upvote 1

Helmet sized brown box was on the porch when I got home. Too early and light to be the helmet I ordered. No it's not. 1400g carbon helmet with sunvisor and quick release.

I pulled the emblems off my old helmets when realized how un-aerodynamic a 4mm high "S" on the forehead is.  The 2nd one weighed as much as 2 quarters of extra top heavy weight.

image.png.1dd2a7e991529998c0707c8f6efbcdaf.png

Completed Pre-Flight inspection on both bikes for an early Saturday departure on a 5/6 day romp in the hills and back country of KY.-WV.-VA.  Two old overweight dudes on overweight dirt bikes. (TURD’S) if you will. (Two Unrelated Riding Dummy’s)

27808901267_3c16a8b697_h.jpgJune 2018 ADV by
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Helmet sized brown box was on the porch when I got home. Too early and light to be the helmet I ordered. No it's not. 1400g carbon helmet with sunvisor and quick release.

I pulled the emblems off my old helmets when realized how un-aerodynamic a 4mm high "S" on the forehead is.  The 2nd one weighed as much as 2 quarters of extra top heavy weight.

image.png.1dd2a7e991529998c0707c8f6efbcdaf.png

That’s cool.  What brand and $?

i need a new helmet bad

Vega f117  $90 

4 Star crash rating

also called hd117 in the uk

The torch grafixx one is clear coat carbon on the black parts. bonus!

Haven't ridden in it yet

https://www.ridersdiscount.com/vega-stealth-f117-f-117-torch-carbon-fiber-quick-release-full-face-helmet-973564

https://www.jafrum.com/motorcycle/vega-stealth-f117-torch-carbon-fiber-helmet

Edited by motocat12

Fuck Vega. I literally busted the shell on one during a 5-10mph collision hitting my head on a Boulder... I guess it did its job, but I'd have been fucked at any kind of speed... The shell cracked and the visor busted off and I gotta say it was one of the least bad collisions I've had.. I smacked my bell star twice as hard on the ground and it barely scratched.... When I worked at Iron pony I wouldn't even sell Vegas to people... Be careful with that thing, a lightweight Vega seems like it'd be worse off than the regular... There's a reason they're so cheap 

• Upvote 1

this one is $300 retail, 4 star crash rating, DOT and EC approved (sunvisors and quick strap exclude snell). AGV has some that are 3 star. My  scorpion is 4 star with lower forehead hit score.

I tried on A LOT of helmets. Only a few models fit adequately. I also ride bicycles those helmets that are all styrofoam and a hand ripable cover of lexan.

Edited by motocat12

Rode some West Virginia roads today. 88S to 250S to 7W. 88 was a bit dirty from pipeline work primarily I believe. 250 had a couple 1 lane traffic light deals and some rough patches, but pretty decent overall. It was the least amount of gravel I’ve seen on 250 in a long time. 7 was in great shape. They repaved the area with the 1 lane bridges. 

• Upvote 1