What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

10 hours ago, ricer1 said:

That is a great looking bike, the blue is a beautiful color! The fender eliminator will really streamline the bike.  

Thanks, I really love the way Suzuki weighted the aesthetics towards the front of the bike, but it's a shame that they had to stick that ugly fender on the back to satisfy the overlords. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Thanks, I really love the way Suzuki weighted the aesthetics towards the front of the bike, but it's a shame that they had to stick that ugly fender on the back to satisfy the overlords. 

The believe government regulations require manufacturers to design the fender, lights, turn signals and license plates with parameters which make the rear end look ugly. Don't know the specifics, but it seems the street bikes all have an awful hunk of plastic to hold the license plate, lights and turn signals.    

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2018 at 2:49 AM, 2talltim said:

After much debate and takeing some advise and placing one order then changing my mind and canceling it. I have decided on a set of LED headlights. Went with the ZED/CSP stacked chip design with the cut off shield. Also decided no fan and no external driver since there is plenty if clearance behind my bulb. Also wanted some with decent reviews and easily returnable if they don't work out. So these are what I decided.

Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series LED Headlights with 2 Pcs of H4 9003 HB2 P43T PHILIPS CSP LED Headlight Conversion Kit 50W 8000lm 6500K Hi-Lo Beam - 1 Year Warranty

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GZ3S4P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_P999AbJQB8VZ3

This guy did a nice little work up on them. They are ones he refers to as the new style 

Interested to see how you like these. I may try them for $32. 

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Interested to see how you like these. I may try them for $32. 

That's the way I look at it. It's amazon so returns are easy and free if you claim a problem. Good reviews and good price. Think they are china copies of the philip's elements but I'm assuming that going in to it so we will see. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Decided to give a wireless phone charger on the bike a go.  I found a super thin waterproof shock resistant wireless charging pad on Amazon pretty cheap $11. Double side 3M trim taped it to my XGripand routed the USB to my dash. Looks good and so far siting in that garage its working. Haven't Road tested it yet or know if the charging can keep up with the uses when I'm on GPS and streaming music. But for the price I'll give it a shot. And of course my GS7 was already wireless charging compatible. And I left the old trusty usb tucked away but accessible incase the wireless craps out.20180514_214859.thumb.jpg.c6c244b6fd7349269af254dd18d7b887.jpg

20180514_213653.thumb.jpg.d80004a84d8d21d70d37de833095f394.jpg

20180514_213701.thumb.jpg.c3d56ffac3a89a59f648aabc5d63bc95.jpg

20180514_203811.thumb.jpg.85df6c352d3411ab960ed786298a5228.jpg

3451.thumb.jpeg.54aeca0be155c88a58efcbf9dd66dac8.jpeg

Screenshot_20180514-215837.thumb.png.f7d9b99f2980f2625e8416c354a4130f.png

Screenshot_20180514-214629.thumb.jpg.e8ee5d3d4719fb8a7dfcfac8cac28f91.jpg

Hmmm...very interesting idea.  Hope the EMF field doesnt fuk with other electronics nearby.   And keep your credit cards clear of it! :popcorn:

16 minutes ago, Qman said:

Hmmm...very interesting idea.  Hope the EMF field doesnt fuk with other electronics nearby.   And keep your credit cards clear of it! :popcorn:

Very weak field. You pretty much have to have the phone perfectly centered to pick it up. Only thing near by is my cruise control buttons and those are just momentary buttons with led lights, don't see how anything can interfere with that. 

7 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Very weak field. You pretty much have to have the phone perfectly centered to pick it up. Only thing near by is my cruise control buttons and those are just momentary buttons with led lights, don't see how anything can interfere with that. 

Suddenly your bike wants to go 130mph all the time! :dunno:

Sadly Qi protocol wireless charging will probably not keep pace with battery usage while connected to bluetooth, running GPS and streaming music. It's pretty slow. It may extend the battery life somewhat but it won't float it under any serious usage. Sweet idea tho.

2 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Sadly Qi protocol wireless charging will probably not keep pace with battery usage while connected to bluetooth, running GPS and streaming music. It's pretty slow. It may extend the battery life somewhat but it won't float it under any serious usage. Sweet idea tho.

I'm thinking it will keep up with the screen off but not while the screen is on.

Costs a lot of power to use bluetooth and GPS. Screen is a hog as well, but GPS is pretty bad because you're using processor, GPS antenna, mobile data and then bluetooth to transmit to your sena. This can be mitigated with offline maps, but only so far as data usage. I hope it works out for you, I'm not trying to shit in your oatmeal, I just have been using wireless charging since the note 3 and have a pretty good idea of its capabilities. 

7 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm thinking it will keep up with the screen off but not while the screen is on.

It's the GPS that will kill you. But the pad claims fast charging works..if it does you will be ok.

Just now, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Costs a lot of power to use bluetooth and GPS. Screen is a hog as well, but GPS is pretty bad because you're using processor, GPS antenna, mobile data and then bluetooth to transmit to your sena. This can be mitigated with offline maps, but only so far as data usage. I hope it works out for you, I'm not trying to shit in your oatmeal, I just have been using wireless charging since the note 3 and have a pretty good idea of its capabilities. 

Yea I use it at home too. I'm not expecting miracles, if it were anymore expensive or involved I would not have even attempted. I do use offline maps and don't steam music all the time vs music already on my phone. I left the USB cord useable for the long hauls. My main goal here if nothing less is to make my phone easily mountable and dismountable for when I'd like to grab a photo or something of that sort. Cant count how many times ive seen something I may have wanted to take a quick photo of but didn't want to dick with unpluging and repluging my phone back in with gloves on.  

4 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Bluetooth uses SO little power with even semi-modern versions. GPS is better these days also, compared to where it used to be. I suspect he can keep up with the screen off. especially since this is a fast charger. if his phone can use it, he'll be fine with the screen on. it's decent

Just now, Tonik said:

It's the GPS that will kill you. But the pad claims fast charging works..if it does you will be ok.

The issue with that is the quickest fast charging requires 9V input from a adaptive supply. Currently i'm only running 5v 2.1a

Just now, 2talltim said:

The issue with that is the quickest fast charging requires 9V input from a adaptive supply. Currently i'm only running 5v 2.1a

It ain't gonna keep up.

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

so order a better adapter. :)

5 minutes ago, nebbish said:

so order a better adapter. :)

That will be the next thing if the concept even works. I didn't want to spend the extra bank roll on a adaptive charger and the thing not even work out at all. 

18 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Then buy another and stick it on top of the one you have. Should double the voltage.

• Haha 1