What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

4 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Thanks but I already have the seat. Picked one up used when I got the bike. I just meant I’m gonna have to use it instead of the custom I had made

Borrow his seat and have a custom lowered made with yours?

Edited by nebbish
Clarify

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Installed some front switch back turn signal bulbs.  Turns the front turn signal into an LED driving light  but can switch back to a turn signal when needed.

20180510_165244.thumb.jpg.7e1288db51387f6010aeb485a76485e6.jpg

Those look cool. 

Well I didn't ride my bike today, but rode the hell out of @B-Mac's Vstrom and a friend's Africa Twin in my first ADV ride.  It was an absolute blast sliding around in the gravel and climbing up some hills.  I clearly have a lot of work to do in the low speed maneuverability and control stuff but man was it fun.  I was laughing and hollering in my helmet much of this afternoon.  Thanks for leading a great route!  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Well I didn't ride my bike today, but rode the hell out of @B-Mac's Vstrom and a friend's Africa Twin in my first ADV ride.  It was an absolute blast sliding around in the gravel and climbing up some hills.  I clearly have a lot of work to do in the low speed maneuverability and control stuff but man was it fun.  I was laughing and hollering in my helmet much of this afternoon.  Thanks for leading a great route!  

I need another dual sport. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I had a great time. You sure have the skills and ability to rock a ADV bike on multiple road surfaces. I hope to see one in your stable before the end of summer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/stWeEfr8vdU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

I had a great time. You sure have the skills and ability to rock a ADV bike on multiple road surfaces. I hope to see one in your stable before the end of summer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/stWeEfr8vdU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah!  Thanks man!  I'm on the hunt...

13 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Installed some front switch back turn signal bulbs.  Turns the front turn signal into an LED driving light  but can switch back to a turn signal when needed.

20180510_165244.thumb.jpg.7e1288db51387f6010aeb485a76485e6.jpg

Well now i want to update my headlights to LED since the new bulbs are LED and the headlights aren't it just look odd. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Well now i want to update my headlights to LED since the new bulbs are LED and the headlights aren't it just look odd. 

I put LED's in the SV. Like LED's 100% more than HID's and ballasts. Have them in my truck too.

I've had good luck so far with Cougar Moto's like this:

https://www.amazon.com/CougarMotor-Headlight-Bulbs-All-Conversion/dp/B01H6NZ7D8

Just be aware some trimming may be involved because of the fan/cooling fins on the back of the bulb are typically larger than and OEM halogen bulb.

45 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I put LED's in the SV. Like LED's 100% more than HID's and ballasts. Have them in my truck too.

I've had good luck so far with Cougar Moto's like this:

https://www.amazon.com/CougarMotor-Headlight-Bulbs-All-Conversion/dp/B01H6NZ7D8

Just be aware some trimming may be involved because of the fan/cooling fins on the back of the bulb are typically larger than and OEM halogen bulb.

@JustinNck1 said he has those in his car and likes them. Do the coolling fins spin off? I ask because if they dont id have to cut my boot to install them

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

@JustinNck1 said he has those in his car and likes them. Do the coolling fins spin off? I ask because if they dont id have to cut my boot to install them

I do not think so, but I don't think I tried. Depends on how much your boot stretches. IIRC I had to cut mine a bit.

Edited by TimTheAzn

3 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Don't know what happen to JH's Video but here go's.

Nice...If my WR250R doesnt sell (got a guy coming to look at it tonight), you should check it out

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Danimal said:

If you are replacing H4 halogen bulbs there are far better LED H4s than those, that include the cutoff shield and produce a sharp cutoff line on low beam

they use the latest generation Cree chips (copies of Phillips chips) which are so small a row of them nearly perfectly emulates the beam from a filament bulb

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F361361228270

If these are the ones Dan has, they are amazing. Even similar would be great...

28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I do not think so, but I don't think I tried. Depends on how much your boot stretches. IIRC I had to cut mine a bit.

Yea i really like these and how they mount but at over twice the price. 

Edited by 2talltim

15 minutes ago, Danimal said:

If you are replacing H4 halogen bulbs there are far better LED H4s than those, that include the cutoff shield and produce a sharp cutoff line on low beam

they use the latest generation Cree chips (copies of Phillips chips) which are so small a row of them nearly perfectly emulates the beam from a filament bulb

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F361361228270

Yea mine takes H4's ill add them to my potential list

I'm 2/2 in having a good experience with the stuff I've posted. :dunno: One of the pair I made a custom harness for and they seem to be more than happy.

IMO, it doesn't matter how small the LED is when the entire unit is pretty much the same size as other models. Wont help Tim's dilemma to or not to cut the boot.

Also the cutoff didn't matter to me since I had projectors anyway.

That may matter to Tim. FWIW Tim, Cougar makes H4 bulbs, I just didn't take the time to look up what you had. I just wanted to get the brand out there that I've used. 

Another thing you may want to take into account is, high/low. My cougar's don't have a bi-xenon functionality that the ones that Dan posted appear to have. So if your bike uses the same bulb for high/low then Dan's may be a better option. Idk.

Edited by TimTheAzn

40 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm 2/2 in having a good experience with the stuff I've posted. :dunno: One of the pair I made a custom harness for and they seem to be more than happy.

IMO, it doesn't matter how small the LED is when the entire unit is pretty much the same size as other models. Wont help Tim's dilemma to or not to cut the boot.

Also the cutoff didn't matter to me since I had projectors anyway.

That may matter to Tim. FWIW Tim, Cougar makes H4 bulbs, I just didn't take the time to look up what you had. I just wanted to get the brand out there that I've used. 

Another thing you may want to take into account is, high/low. My cougar's don't have a bi-xenon functionality that the ones that Dan posted appear to have. So if your bike uses the same bulb for high/low then Dan's may be a better option. Idk.

From what others have seen on the C14 pages the boot not being cut is a big deal. Guys have said their headlight housings have gotten water in them and it wont drain, And its a massive PITA to take out and drain and clean out. Cougar does make a H4 i looked it up already.  

Edited by 2talltim

My bike is running much better when stating up. Was looking at doing a tune up and saw my replacement "slipper clutch" check valve was split in half causing a big vacuum leak. It's a wonder it ran as well as it did.The valve halves snapped back together. Alloy ones in the mail.

58 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Interested.

Oh No! Not a Dirt Bike. :cry: Will be waiting on your ass all day.:lol: You need 80+ bhp to do any real "Back Road Burning" yesterday was medium pace but hyper is balls out the best.:D

That is of course if you want to ride/tame a big heavy 500lb.beast of a motorcycle that can kick your ass if not careful. Go for it Jay, You all ready have blue riding gear. and you just turned 30.I am sure you and the mrs. with luggage should pull 70mph in that 6th. gear on the WR.:) Get a chest protector because you will receive rocks and gravel as I slide by.:banana:

• Haha 2