What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

7 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

This is about all I use them for.  I even tell their Associates that when they come and ask me if they can help me. I just tell them don't want to take up thier time because I'm not going to buy it here anyway.  I have found a few things in there on clearance I've purchased but pretty rare.  You would think with their buying power and the size they are they would be competitive in their pricing but No they're always full-blown retail.

Too many squids that don't know any better still go there and buy shit. And there are PLENTY of squids in cbus.

• Haha 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

You would think with their buying power and the size they are they would be competitive in their pricing but No they're always full-blown retail.

This.  Same day parts are their use for me.  Ordering parts is not quick, pretty slow actually considering they ought to be getting daily parts delivery from every supplier.

2 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Finished building the racetech forks for the bandit yesterday, I'll mount them today after work and see how much of an improvement they are. 

Even if there is no improvement, who cares your selling it anyway!

Got the rebuilt forks on the bandit and took her for a proper flogging today. Cant say it's a real drastic improvement. Also can't say I know how to properly set up a suspension, so there's that. It does seem more planted and smoother, but I expected the gold valves to really help with the big bumps and it just doesn't seem to. I started out with spring preload in the middle of the range and it felt like it was diving a bit much during braking so I dialed them all the way in and that helped, but I guess I was expecting some magical transformation. 

My oldest daughter Tory and I got for a little over 3 hours today. She snapped this when I had to stop and get directions to get home because who knows where Pennsylvania was taking me on their detour. Gave us more time on the bike, so neither of us were complaining. 

5kkusNt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 5/3/2018 at 11:19 AM, TimTheAzn said:

LOL F Iron Pony. If I lived close I'd only use them to try on gear.

Their service dept. does suck - been there twice and they either pissed me off for scratching the crap out of my freshly painted rims, or couldn't figure out how to recharge my shock.

However, I have scored countless deals on gear for myself and my sons on clearance.  When the kids outgrow their stuff every year, ya shop the clearance racks.  And, I bought a new Shoei RF-SR in January there for $30 less than any online retailer.  Granted, most of their stuff is either full retail or same price as online sellers, but good deals can be found.  And it's right there ready to take home.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, durk said:

My oldest daughter Tory and I got for a little over 3 hours today. She snapped this when I had to stop and get directions to get home because who knows where Pennsylvania was taking me on their detour. Gave us more time on the bike, so neither of us were complaining. 

5kkusNt.jpg

I remember those days.  Treasure them.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, durk said:

5kkusNt.jpg

Some of my best childhood memories are on the back of my dads old cb750. We used to just go for all-day rides, hours on end, stop for a burger, get some gas, then back out riding. He would make the bike backfire for me by hitting the kill switch for a few seconds at a time. Big orange fireball would shoot out of the old kerker he had on it. That bike and those memories are the reason I bought an old 70's Honda cb750. 

• Upvote 2

Actually put some real miles on it today. 98 to be exact. Brecksville reservation to rocky river landing point downtown back through brecksville reservation and the through the valley. 1100 miles since I got the bike. And the best part is I’m not tired or sore at all 

• Upvote 1

Rode the FJR all week and weekend. Got some nice riding yesterday until the rain rolled in. Had some wildlife encounters this weekend. Skinned a squirrel with my highway peg and smacked a buzzard with one of my canyon cages.

20180505_092330.thumb.jpg.ab6b1a2fe1f44a92b3ab8132860961e7.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I have been testing this Honda AT. With a option to buy for a few days now and must report all is well.

Calling Jacob Hawk. Thursday is Adventure Day.

https://youtu.be/MElIyiaAvHE

I'll bring my gopro, I need documentation of this.

23 hours ago, nebbish said:

Hmm. My AT wants to join you...

Ravenna is a long way from HH. has the snow melted yet? I do not get north of I70 very often but if you are down south give a shout. We are posting rides and events on AIO all year so keep an eye over here.http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/adventure-in-ohio.28732/

• Upvote 1

Attempted to lower the Connie. Installed lowering links and raised the forks in the clamps to level it out. 50 miles later she’s back to stock. It made the bike steer like a Mack truck. Looks like it’s tip toes or the lower seat option. 

5 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Attempted to lower the Connie. Installed lowering links and raised the forks in the clamps to level it out. 50 miles later she’s back to stock. It made the bike steer like a Mack truck. Looks like it’s tip toes or the lower seat option. 

s-l300.jpg

25 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Didn't know you were thinking that route or I would have steered you away from it. At least half the folks I've heard that lowered them quickly changed it back. Plus busted oil pans are common mostly on the 08s and 09s because on those the drain plug is on the very bottom and not the side of the pan like your provably is.

8 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

If you want to ride up to Pataskala, I have a 1" lowered seat that you can borrow.  This would let you see if you like it before sinking  $ into it (and potentially not liking the results). 

I can't stand flat footed on the Connie either.  My only issue is backing it up in off camber or gravel areas.  At those places, I back it up before getting on it. 

36 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

I have a 1" lowered seat that you can borrow

Thanks but I already have the seat. Picked one up used when I got the bike. I just meant I’m gonna have to use it instead of the custom I had made