What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'd agree with that, at least.  Rode the absolute hell out of Izzy today.  Little chilly still, but well worth it.

What kind of temps did you guys have?

49 minutes ago, durk said:

What kind of temps did you guys have?

Was around 45 when we left Pony, was about 55 when we got back to Columbus. Was really really windy once we got close to 70 heading back towards the city at 3 or so. The temperature started dropping too. 

On 3/31/2018 at 9:38 AM, Connie14 said:

How do you like the bar end mirrors? I am thinking about getting a set. 

I’ll give ya my 2 cents on bar ends. I love em. If you get a good set that doesn’t have a lot of vibration they are great. You can see everything behind you at a quick glance. Some find it distracting taking your eyes from the road though. Mine came from a fella on the zrx forum that makes them. Bolt on in place of bar ends. 

• Beer 1

Installed new exhaust, new tank pads, rebuilt calipers, new brake pads, new rotors, new number plates, new wind screen, new remote lever adjuster, flush and fill radiator, oil change, new light weight battery, installed captive wheel spacers, bled brakes.......

I was in the garage until 3 am. Still not completely done. 

• Upvote 2

Ordered new fork legs for the vintage hondarocket. Next is cartridge emulators and better springs, then a nicer looking headlight bucket, then I'll get it in the air, pull the whole front end off, replace the steering head bearings and maybe the top triple, then build the new forks and put new headlight on new forks with these nice skeletonized black bullet aluminum mounts I have instead of the huge ugly chrome ones and that part of the bike will be done. Pics when I get all the parts and do it. 

6 hours ago, Travisty said:

Installed new exhaust, new tank pads, rebuilt calipers, new brake pads, new rotors, new number plates, new wind screen, new remote lever adjuster, flush and fill radiator, oil change, new light weight battery, installed captive wheel spacers, bled brakes.......

I was in the garage until 3 am. Still not completely done. 

How about some pics of your work 

36 minutes ago, nebbish said:

And it replied... I don't like you like that. I just want to be friends.

:lol:

After having to get all up in her over the last few weeks to get it back into riding condition, she'll do whatever the fuck I say! lol.

11 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Well one of my fork legs is straight, like within .002. The other is crooked as a Clinton, indicator ran out of travel halfway around. This may slow me down. 

Thinking I read somewhere that Traxxion dynamics will straighten them for about $50

Dude who's trailer, ripped strap and stupid driving who caused all the damage went and bought same year and color bike as me to replace plastics. I'll get one of his fork legs as well, just gonna take time and I was hoping to build the forks tonight. 

More progress on the zrx. Finally got the diodes wired into the harness to finish up the install. Now has zx11 cams, valve springs ignition and brain. Damn things gonna think it’s a sport bike now. Also hooped up a fresh set of tires. Finally got around to the Penske shock on the Connie as well. Got some nice days coming so I gotta flip a quarter to see which one heads out first. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't work on the bikes today but I got my garage claimed back from winter storage. We have a car that we don't drive in the winter but the wife likes to park her old car in the garage during the winter so she doesn't have to clear the snow from it. Well the old work car got booted to the driveway today reclaim my garage space. Ready to do some wrenching starting tomorrow on the bike.

20180411_180803.thumb.jpg.93cdd92efbfc73651dbb98caa2d7cfd8.jpg

• Upvote 3