What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

8 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

Haven't done anything to the bikes in a few months but I did send my car into the shop for a full repaint.  They are working their way through all the dents and wrinkles. I still call myself lucky to have gotten one of the most rust free 1987 Buicks you could hope for.

IMG_20180220_154827832.jpg

Grand National??

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I did gold valves on my triumph, it had a much different washer configuration than stock.  If you followed the instructions from the calculator on their site you should be happy with the results.  I never needed to adjust anything afterwards and it was noticeably better than stock.

Judging by the look of the fork oil just changing that would have been a drastic improvement. 

17 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Judging by the look of the fork oil just changing that would have been a drastic improvement. 

That's the way mine looked last year and i noticed a huge difference. This time around I had to separate the fork legs and was able to do a more thorough flush. And now just bouncing it in the garage it feels even better than last year. 

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

That's the way mine looked last year and i noticed a huge difference. This time around I had to separate the fork legs and was able to do a more thorough flush. And now just bouncing it in the garage it feels even better than last year. 

Well the rest of my bike is at my dad's right now, so even after I get the forks back together it will be a while before I can bounce it. 

Disconnected the battery tender and rolled it out of hiding in the garage. Hit the start button and it immediately came to life(music to my ears). I checked all the lights, unfolded the mirrors, aired the tires up. I did all this in hopes of getting out for a short ride after work tomorrow. As I rolled it back into its place in the garage I realized I need to renew my plates. I think I still can get that done and have time for a quick hour ride. Can’t wait 

• Upvote 1

I rode the FZ1 yesterday for about two hours without any breaks.  It was actually more comfortable(for the ride duration) than I was anticipating.  One big difference between it and a sport touring bike: wind protection.  I wore the same layers that I would have worn on the Connie.  I was pretty cold during the 2nd hour.  It was a good day to ride, considering that it is still February,.

1 hour ago, what said:

That's what 50 degree late winter weekends are for. Time to get out the wrenches. 

New brake calipers for the sv should be in tomorrow. Brake fluid should be in tomorrow as well. Who knows what'll happen. Still need to get that garbage shock outta there if I want to get in any good street rides this year.

Got my carburetor fine-tuned on the DR, as good as I'm going to get it anyway, and took the wife for a spin through the countryside before the  roached out tire lost all of its air.

she digs the riding position and the fact that it's not real powerful. She won't ride on my FZ. Claims it's too violent

Then I spent $500 on a used tailgate for her outback since I backed it into my buddies back hoe Saturday.  

Go me! 

6 minutes ago, what said:

06-07 ZX10R shock is a direct bolt-on, as is the ZX14 shock. Cheap on Ebay. Easy swap. 

Yea I'm pumped to see what this zx6r shock will do for handling. Currently the bike is just far too stiff. I'm hoping that I don't find that the forks are abnormally sprung.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea I'm pumped to see what this zx6r shock will do for handling. Currently the bike is just far too stiff. I'm hoping that I don't find that the forks are abnormally sprung.

I did 1.0kg sonic springs and 20wt oil when I had my forks redone on the SV. You would probably want 0.90/0.95 with 15wt oil or something around there if you go the Sonic route. The front end felt really good after just swapping springs and oil btw. I did not get the emulators. 

Got a 60 mile loop in tonight. Forgot how fast the bike is, but thankfully it stops pretty fast as well. Bambi decided to take her 2 kids for jog in front of me while her 3rd child watched from the distance. Still had a blast and the new Scorpion cold weather gloves I got from the wife for Christmas are a nice addition to my riding gear. Can’t wait for some real warm spring days. 

Edited by durk

15 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Got a few cosmetic things done on the Connie   A little vinyl wrap. Then I finally gave in and called traxion dynamics and ordered up a Penske shock and ak20’s for the forks:D

I've quoted this for the FJR. Traxxion guys are great to work with. 

26 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Got a few cosmetic things done on the Connie   A little vinyl wrap. Then I finally gave in and called traxion dynamics and ordered up a Penske shock and ak20’s for the forks:D

You have officially put more money into your connie than mine is worth :lol: 

45 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

You have officially put more money into your connie than mine is worth :lol: 

Not quite there yet but spring is not here yet. After seeing the difference suspension work made on my last couple bikes I couldn’t resist. 

Just now, Killer_kaw said:

Not quite there yet but spring is not here yet. After seeing the difference suspension work made on my last couple bikes I couldn’t resist. 

With the miles and beats and bangs mine has taken over the years she isn't worth much to anyone but me. Ive seen far nicer units than mine sell for less than $5k