JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

durk    232

@Connie14I have ridden at 2 trailheads on Hatfield. I rode Rockhouse and Bear Wallow I believe we're the names. I ride a quad off road. I'm not sure which 1 you're going to. If it's Rockhouse, it is appropriately named- rocky, rough, and hard on your machine. Bear Wallow is no paved road by any means, but it it is not as rough. I enjoyed both places. I'm no extreme hill climber but I felt comfortable on all the black trails. I don't believe I tried any of the black/red. I went in with the same attitude you're approaching it with. I'm sure you'll have a good time. It's been awhile since I've been there I'm kind of jealous. 

JustinNck1    846

I remember my first time I went to Hatfield McCoy(early 2000's we stayed in Gilbert, WV). Rockhouse is definitely rockiest of all the trailheads. We used to go to the Little Coal River Trailhead, which is now closed. @Connie14 print and laminate a map of whichever trail system you're going to ride, it makes it nice being able to glance at the map.

• Upvote 2

Connie14    434
47 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I remember my first time I went to Hatfield McCoy(early 2000's we stayed in Gilbert, WV). Rockhouse is definitely rockiest of all the trailheads. We used to go to the Little Coal River Trailhead, which is now closed. @Connie14 print and laminate a map of whichever trail system you're going to ride, it makes it nice being able to glance at the map.

Thanks!  I will definitely print one off.  We are headed over to the Buffalo Mountain trailhead near Williamson. 

durk    232

Rode it to work. When I got home I had an hour to change the rear tire. I managed to get the tire mounted and clean up the swingarm before I went to watch my daughters' volleyball games. Tomorrow I hope swap out the front tire before another volleyball game. I got 6000 miles out of pilot road 2s. That's 3 times the mileage I got out of a set Q3s. I'm giving Roadsmart 3s a shot this time. I could not pass up the $100 rebate and the stellar price Mike @RidersDiscount gave me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Qman    241
9 hours ago, durk said:

Rode it to work. When I got home I had an hour to change the rear tire. I managed to get the tire mounted and clean up the swingarm before I went to watch my daughters' volleyball games. Tomorrow I hope swap out the front tire before another volleyball game. I got 6000 miles out of pilot road 2s. That's 3 times the mileage I got out of a set Q3s. I'm giving Roadsmart 3s a shot this time. I could not pass up the $100 rebate and the stellar price Mike @RidersDiscount gave me. 

Interested to see if the RS3's come close to living up to their claims!

2talltim    9,725
11 hours ago, durk said:

2 hours ago, Qman said:

Interested to see if the RS3's come close to living up to their claims!

Just spooned on RS3s last week and did the ROAR ride with them this weekend. As far as handling and grip they are on par with everything else. They seem to give more road feedback than I am used to but that's not a bad thing just a learning curve. The turn in is quicker than any other tire I have ever ran. That big heavy bitch just dropped into the corners. These tires are heavier than any other tire ive ran too. Not saying that's a bad thing either if they end up lasting longer than what I normally get I think that will the reason. A heavier carcass will disperse heat better and give better wear hypothetically speaking so we will see how that goes.  So for now the $247(after $60 rebate) I have in the set on the bike I think I'll be more than happy with them. I have a second set sitting in the garage I bought on the $100 rebate for $207 so that should get me through late spring anyway.

Edited by 2talltim