What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

You're at one of my faves!  Even though they're not as good as they used to be...   And right around the corner from my parent's house.

Whitey's is better. If I understand the history correctly Whitey used to work for Oh Boy, stole the recipe and started his own place.

Obama got to sit in my chair at Whitey's.

5 hours ago, jschaf said:

Did about 120 miles.  Mostly squid stuff.  Gassed up on the way home & put in the Stabil.  

Also did about 120 mile today.  Told the wife I was gonna take it thru the car-wash.  Somehow it took 115 miles to find it!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Did 15 miles on turkey day around town. Saturday drove to Harding’s Park Cycle east of Canton, then to Action Sport Cycle in Alliance and home. Saturday my intent was to hit Xtreme in Cambridge to check out an FJR but by the time I hit New Philadelphia the skies didn’t look good so changed plans. Headed to Cadiz then home. Both Friday and Sunday totaled 180 miles. My toes did get cold yesterday, I hate cold toes. Finger tips somewhat cold but didn’t bother me. I’m gonna go with battery heated socks since my winter riding is for something to do anyway.

Did my own valve adjustments. First time for me. It was not difficult but took more time than expected based on the U tube videos. The bike ran fine this morning on the way to work so I must have done OK. :D

Also added some radiator guards. 

2 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Did my own valve adjustments. First time for me. It was not difficult but took more time than expected based on the U tube videos. The bike ran fine this morning on the way to work so I must have done OK. :D

Also added some radiator guards. 

Were the intake valves a little tight? I ask because that's common for that motor.

37 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Were the intake valves a little tight? I ask because that's common for that motor.

Intakes were both in spec, though one was on the tight side of spec. One of the exhaust valves was pretty far beyond spec while the other was right at the tight side of spec. I got 3 new shims and she seems to be running fine. 

Bike Bandit has a killer deal today, 12% site wide. Just picked up a new Road Pilot 4 from Revzilla. Made them price match Bikebandits price. I like the return policies over at revzilla better, and i get 5$ in cash back to use at a later date. 

Your Welcome!

P.S. compound that with 2% cash back on the credit card. 

Edited by flashesbuck

Took the kfx450(quad) out for a putt putt ride after rebuilding it. Everything seems ok. I had it all back together on Wednesday but it was seeping coolant at the base gasket. Tore it back down Thursday. Friday I reassembled it and added some 3bond on the coolant bump out where it was leaking waited until Sunday to add fluids. Test fired it Sunday and then rode it today. So far no leaks and no known issues. Hopefully I’m done wrenching on it for awhile. Originally had to tear it down because of a busted tranny gear. Of course as I worked my way there I found need for a new piston and rings, cylinder recoated, new valves, also replaced the broken swingarm and some other minor repairs. Hopefully it all holds together and runs like a champ once I get it broke in. 

On 11/25/2017 at 7:02 PM, Tonik said:

Whitey's is better. If I understand the history correctly Whitey used to work for Oh Boy, stole the recipe and started his own place.

Obama got to sit in my chair at Whitey's.

I used to frequent Whitey's quite a bit when I worked in Richfield, but I've only actually eaten food there maybe twice?  Oh Boys was something I grew up with - I think one of my sisters worked there in high school.  Had no idea about the connection between the two.  I learned something new today.   :D

And it looks like my rearsets finally arrived at the dealer.... good thing I'm not in a hurry to get them installed... lol

11 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

I used to frequent Whitey's quite a bit when I worked in Richfield, but I've only actually eaten food there maybe twice?  Oh Boys was something I grew up with - I think one of my sisters worked there in high school.  Had no idea about the connection between the two.  I learned something new today.   :D

And it looks like my rearsets finally arrived at the dealer.... good thing I'm not in a hurry to get them installed... lol

So yea, it wasn't Whitiey's in Richfield I was talking about. It was Smitty's in Elyria. Got my y's mixed up. Whitiey's food sucks.

https://www.smittyselyria.com/

I'll help with the rearset if you want, np.

58 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So yea, it wasn't Whitiey's in Richfield I was talking about. It was Smitty's in Elyria. Got my y's mixed up. Whitiey's food sucks.

https://www.smittyselyria.com/

I'll help with the rearset if you want, np.

Ohhh, yeah, Smitty's is the better version of Oh Boys nowadays.  And you're right, it's a knockoff of Oh Boys recipe.

Thanks - I may take you up on that.  

I took the day off so I could take my daughter to get her braces removed this morning.  After dropping her off at school I took advantage of the 60° day. Took the bike out for about a 150 mile run.

I also discovered I’m actually going to have to pull my quad back apart because it is leaking again at the base gasket. I’m hoping a new base gasket will cure the problem.

Edited by durk

Took a lunch ride to Boondocks BBQ&Grill in McConnelsville with the wife. Hit 668,669,555,78. Great day and enjoyed the easy pace that allowed me to take note of natural beauty that surrounds this area. Looking deep in the wood line and seeing all the creeks and rock formations that I miss during the summer or at my normal pace. 155 miles total, no Issues.:D

Nov%20Ride.jpg

• Upvote 1