What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the triumph back. Wow, what a difference! About 1/3 of the engine is new and it sounds awesome!

Also got some size 16 boots from RD. Sigh, too small. I hate my big feet. Will arrange RMA on Monday.

1 hour ago, nebbish said:

Got the triumph back. Wow, what a difference! About 1/3 of the engine is new and it sounds awesome!

Also got some size 16 boots from RD. Sigh, too small. I hate my big feet. Will arrange RMA on Monday.

16????? Holy xxxx.......How tall are you?

1 hour ago, nebbish said:

6'1", I'm tall but not crazy tall...

Just have thick bones, I also wear a size 18 ring.

Daaaaaang. 

How about hat size? Or helmet size? Ever feel like the boot size or helmet size getting bigger even after like 20+ age? 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Daaaaaang. 

How about hat size? Or helmet size? Ever feel like the boot size or helmet size getting bigger even after like 20+ age? 

Umm, helmet is a hjc 4x. 

As for change, pretty much been the same since I was 21 or so.

• Upvote 1

Changed the rear tire on my wife's Spyder in preparation for our trip tomorrow. I was unable to mount the new tire with my No-Mar changer, not enough ass. Took it to a local shop "Big Dogs" $20.00 and I was good to go. What a pain in the ass it is working on the Can Am Spyder. Not friendly. 9mm, 13mm,15mm, 18mm UN-Common Canadian Hardware sizes. WTF. And the Tamper-Proof TORX . I hate this machine. I wish Honda would hurry up with the Neowing.

2014%20Spyder%20STS.jpg

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/honda-neowing-hybrid-leaning-three-wheeler/

Edited by B-Mac

Got home from my trip, 1 customer bike sitting in the garage (07 R1) and another coming tomorrow (1800 Wing). Gotta get my bike ready for a trip in 2 weeks, new tires, oil change, and I broke down and ordered some exhaust(Birthday Present to myself). It's coming from across the pond, so who knows how long it will take to get.

14 hours ago, Xsr900Rider said:

Cleaned and lubed the chain after seeing the post on paying attention to your chain.    I've seen worse but I am going to put an effort into keeping up with it from now on. 

I'm a novice at working on my own bike. Most extensive work I've done has been oil changes and replaced the battery. What should be done to the chain to keep it healthy?

1 minute ago, CurbedSedition said:

I'm a novice at working on my own bike. Most extensive work I've done has been oil changes and replaced the battery. What should be done to the chain to keep it healthy?

always make sure you have it lubed.  clean it periodically with a chain cleaner and get a grundge brush they sell them at Walmart.  also make sure tension is always set correctly

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, CurbedSedition said:

What Kevin said is good advice.   If you don't have chain cleaner, kerosene or wd-40 are great alternatives for cleaning your chain.  Won't damage the o-rings and gets it nice and shiny.   Wait for the cleaner to dry and apply a nice chain lube/wax.  Check tension (follow your manual) and let the lube/wax setup.  Every 600 or so miles is good rule of thumb unless you ride in rain or really sloppy conditions and then do it afterwards every time.  

• Upvote 1