JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

1,047 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

A little project I tried with my Harbor Freight lift table. Wheeling a Vfr or A VStrom or my Super Hawk up onto table is pretty easy. You can also put the kickstand down without issue. Bigger bikes that you need to ride up onto the table is another story. Not enough room to put your feet down and if you center the bike the kickstand is useless. It is scary. I had these ramps in the rafters and decided put them to use. Made some bracketed and they just slide into place and are easily removed. Work pretty well.            

Cool mod, Jerry. Nice bike, Jerry. Now if you'll excuse me, I have the sudden urge to go clean the shit out of my Ducati. 

Damn you, Jerry. 

Added a CHT gauge to my three wheel Russian tractor. 

RG6teM.jpg

pDqhpi.jpg

So the epic ride made me re-evaluate my current bike choice so I'm now in negotiations for the below sexy beast. Friday hopefully the rubber hits the road and I'll let you all know how it went. 2012 ZX6R, 4400 miles.

zx6r.JPG

12 minutes ago, cptchaos said:

So the epic ride made me re-evaluate my current bike choice so I'm now in negotiations for the below sexy beast. Friday hopefully the rubber hits the road and I'll let you all know how it went. 2012 ZX6R, 4400 miles.

zx6r.JPG

Based on our brief conversation I think you are making the right move. Hope it works out for u.

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Based on our brief conversation I think you are making the right move. Hope it works out for u.

Yeah I think this is what the doctor ordered along with a more regular dose of the Ohio twisties.

2 hours ago, cptchaos said:

Yeah I think this is what the doctor ordered along with a more regular dose of the Ohio twisties.

I think we live near each other. I'm always up for quick runs to Hocking. 

9 hours ago, Casper said:

I think we live near each other. I'm always up for quick runs to Hocking. 

Yeah no doubt, now that I'm in Columbus that's what a 30 minute ride down 33 to Nelsonville?

5 minutes ago, cptchaos said:

Yeah no doubt, now that I'm in Columbus that's what a 30 minute ride down 33 to Nelsonville?

I'm in Pickerington. It's about 35 minutes to 33/374 where I normally start my loop. 

ordered new gel grips to replace the slippery oxford heated grips that have never worked. 

also thinking of doing this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=28684&d=1330

Edited by what

Adjusted my valves, completed mounting new Kipo exhaust system, adding Nordlock washers for security.

Tonight is oil/filter and clean/oil air filter and she's ready to go.

Thanks Pauly for the pizza and beer. Was good to see you again. 

4 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Adjusted my valves

Capture3.JPG

unlike the SV's bucket/shim system which holds forever, the Zong has screw adjusters and requires a check every 5000 miles or so  

Polished and waxed the paintwork on the V-ROD. It was in pretty good shape to begin with but because the seat rubs the lower portion of the airbox cover, I'd say I got a solid 7/10 correction in the minor scuffs and holograms. A bike is never so beautiful as the day you sell it!

Rode it to work. Hopefully gonna get some service stuff done tonight, get everything ready for the Ozark-apalooza.

Today I removed the OEM Bridgestone Trailwing tires I had on for a road trip and I installed the Mitas E-09's for the upcoming trip on the Smokey Mountain 500 3 day ADV ride down in TN, GA.NC.

100_0606.jpg

100_0608.jpg

Rode to work and the rear end felt a bit loose. Just replaced the Q3 tires with Pilot Road 2s. 2100 miles out of a rear tire kind of sucks. It will be interesting to see if I notice a difference in grip. 

Rode the FJR to work and took the long way home, along the river.  After dinner, took the wife to the local ice cream place on the Ural.  Good day. 

Got a fresh set of tires installed for the Gap Trip. Just over a week before we leave.

Zrx1200 almost done. Brakes are all rebuilt, on, and bled out. Body work installed.  New battery installed. Carbs in and synced. Seat and shocks should be here by weeks end. A few loose ends to tye up and I'll be ready to take her down the road. Looks like it should be done in plenty of time for the gap trip. 

New pannier soft bags arrived today. I love the way my panniers look on the Multistrada, but that is the worst shape to pack. Two zippers on the main compartment, an inside pocket and a zip exterior pocket. Also has feet, but not sure why. Regardless, these should make the bags easier to live with. :) 

IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG