What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments fellas. Took a few blasts down the road today and everything feels good. May need a little more fine tuning. I had the carbs apart twice adjusting needles but may have to do again. Bike runs amazing, stronger than my 1100 but I got a good bit of exhaust pop on deceleration I'd like to tune out. 

1 hour ago, Killer_kaw said:

Thanks for the comments fellas. Took a few blasts down the road today and everything feels good. May need a little more fine tuning. I had the carbs apart twice adjusting needles but may have to do again. Bike runs amazing, stronger than my 1100 but I got a good bit of exhaust pop on deceleration I'd like to tune out. 

Suh - weeet Zrx!  Big Kudos to you dude! 

On 5/26/2017 at 0:49 PM, Killer_kaw said:

First ride since I tore it down. Gotta couple more things to do but couldn't wait anymore. Damn thing was begging to go down the road  

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

Thats funny, I have a photo of my own ZRX on that same bridge I took in 2009. 

K4C3fJoDdg7fo7ANfGtOTax1maXO1yHopOrmOLOZ

Edited by fox_racing_guy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

Ok I think I got the photo thing now. Here is what I started with. 

9c9fjwp.jpg

QPmjrXo.jpg

This is what I wrapped up yesterday.

WDdjnNT.jpg

De1lvky.jpg

I'm waiting for turn signals to arrive and I need to pick up some grips. After that it will be ready to sell. 

Very nice durk, where do you find these broken down machines, just Craigslist? Or pick up from auction and stuff 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Very nice durk, where do you find these broken down machines, just Craigslist? Or pick up from auction and stuff 

Thanks Doc. I do just find the bikes on Craigslist. 

3 hours ago, blue-yamaR6s said:

Did you keep most everything stock or what did you end up changing? Nice project.

Bike was basically stock motor when I got it. It did have some aftermarket clip-ons which I left on. I had the stock taillight and turn signals laying around from a previous bike I purchased that I used. The plastic and mirrors are straight from China off EBay. 

On 5/28/2017 at 8:35 AM, fox_racing_guy said:

Thats funny, I have a photo of my own ZRX on that same bridge I took in 2009. 

K4C3fJoDdg7fo7ANfGtOTax1maXO1yHopOrmOLOZ

Where is that bridge located?

That is nice.

Pulled the carbs off the Honda, reset my float levels and fucked around with air screws and tightening intake boots clamps until it finally idles steady at 1200 rpm and doesn't hang after being revved or stall out after idling too long. New seat foam and cover arrive next Weds. In the near future I'll be replacing the rusty pitted fork legs with brand new shiny ones, ditching the huge stock headlight mount brackets for some little skeletonized black anodized ones and either painting or replacing the headlight bucket. This year is all about the cosmetics and making this bike look as good as it runs. 

• Upvote 1

Rode back home from the Post Office with a box under my new bungee net.  Opened it up to find this!!!:banana:

It'll probably be a week or two before I find time to install it...

Stay tuned, I'll post pics when it's done.

2017-06-02 15.55.38.jpg

23 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Rode back home from the Post Office with a box under my new bungee net.  Opened it up to find this!!!:banana:

It'll probably be a week or two before I find time to install it...

Stay tuned, I'll post pics when it's done.

2017-06-02 15.55.38.jpg

Top clamp? Fork brace? 

3 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Top clamp? Fork brace? 

Top triple or "yoke" as the Brit machinist calls it.  To adapt shorter Hayabusa forks to my B12.

Still needs holes for the ignition key switch and bar clamps.