What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/9/2016 at 10:40 AM, zx3vfr said:

good lord. what kind of power numbers you looking at?

It makes near 180 at tire stock (depending on dyno of course)  prob add 20 with exhaust and tune.  Bike gives up alot due to euro 4 emissions....in fact, stock you only get 90% continuous throttle at WOT.  Lots to torque management...weak timing...etc.  it handily beats a new r1m that has a tune and exhaust...and that is when the zx10 is stock

This makes me miss my ZX9 even more :( The ZZR600 isn't going to have the power of my old 9 but it's better than no bike!

Installing a new starter solenoid once I'm off work and hoping she starts. Next will be removing all the plastics I've fitted to start repairing them and getting the bike over to friend to weld the subframe so she's road worthy.

Prepped the bike to drop the engine for some transmission work. Found out the battery for my 1/2" impact shit the bed while trying to remove the clutch basket retaining nut.  Stuck a 2x3" between the wheel spokes and broke it in half while trying to get the damn thing loose with a breaker bar. 

12 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I kinda didn't win it, a guy standing next to me did. The gift cards were for our local Honda/Yamaha dealer, and he has BMWs and Harleys so he gave them to me.

sounds like a win to me

Popped on an adjustable flasher. OCD need an exact rate? Also prerequisite for led indicators. The single dash light also requires loom hacking and a resistor. I'm wondering if modding to dual lights on would be easier. I updated a DR650 dash to one with dual lights and i don't remember if I ever got it working.

Cleaned fuse and relay contacts

Edited by motocat12