JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

No motorcycling today but the ground was frozen perfect this morning on my ATV track. I put in a few laps and was comfortable launching all but 1 of the doubles. It gave me a small Powersports I’ve been craving as of late. I also rode the bicycle for an hour. It was pretty good day for February. 

Sex Machine Racing clutch and springs put in the grom. No more clutch slipping hopefully means better drive out of corners. Next up is probably the Kitaco clutch cover case so I can ditch the damn oil spinner, I never realized how heavy that thing is - probably a good 5-7lbs of rotating mass that's eating away at rev speed.

Winter maintence

0223201855-L.jpg

Remove suspension to have it rebuilt and relube the pivots. Next valve checks.

Got the bike out for a little ride today. It was a good shakedown for the wing in the twisties. It’s gonna be a fun summer...

EB75B67E-0A2C-4DF8-982B-6DA345000FFF.thumb.jpeg.b2d8a293a1fabae4551df9e8dccf5dac.jpeg

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

I went to many places in Buenos Aires yesterday looking for oil for a much needed oil change. 
The last three I used Motul 300v in 20w-50

the ONLY shop that had Motul only had the 5w-50 in the 300V (it’s getting much warmer as I continue north and 5w-50’s starting viscosity is too thin). And they wanted the equivalent of $52 US for two freaking liters! I knew BA was known for high costs but that’s crazy. 
So Sunny got Motul mineral oil in my desired weight. Also chain cleaned and lubed well, brake pads inspected, one side’s petcock got a new base gasket (was seeping) and a few other things were cleaned and lubed. 
Ready to go again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I was going to say, "I rode to work today for the first time in over a month." but I feel like such an underachiever compared to riding to Buenos Aires for an oil change...  😮

I've been lurking and following your trip on that other forum, Dan, and enjoying it all the way!

29 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

I was going to say, "I rode to work today for the first time in over a month." but I feel like such an underachiever compared to riding to Buenos Aires for an oil change...  😮

I've been lurking and following your trip on that other forum, Dan, and enjoying it all the way!

Thanks for following along and no need to be a lurker. Join in the discussion about any freaking thing lol. 
And no worries about “underachieving “ either. 
This kind of “motorcycling” isn’t for everyone. It’s certainly been a blast though. Still pinch myself often

Ready to roll. Time to break in a new season. 

20200307_140534.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

Nice Ducati! 

It is like an overgrown Hyperstrada. Almost as fast, too. 

48 minutes ago, Pauly said:

It is like an overgrown Hyperstrada. Almost as fast, too. 

That's exactly what I had in mind actually lol

Finally rode it.

IMG_20200308_120323.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Finally rode it.

IMG_20200308_120323.jpg

I'd like to get out for a bit this afternoon.   I at least want to go take a lap around the lake to knock the dust off.

Not done but got her out in the sun. 

1D7BB06B-EEBA-4302-AE1F-EDE7C47E4681.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Not sure that gray goes well with the green. Other than that it is looking good.

I rode today. Left the house around 8:45. It was super chilly this morning and plenty of salt on the roads, but I didn't have one slip or slide. Heated vest and grips were warm enough that I enjoyed pretty much the entire day. The 30 minute slab from driveway to meetup was kind of boring, but it beats sitting on an airplane for 3.5 hours. Perspective is a very stong educator. 

I love riding the BMW. I love auto-blippers. I love heated grips. I love cruise. I love riding season. I love all of this shit. Let's get this season on its way. Speed safe, all. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Rode it. Crashed it. Rode it some more.

Sprained ankle though. Can't walk on it but I can drag knee. 😂

• Sad 1

Took the wing home finally. Been keeping it at my dad’s shop until I got my garage cleaned out. 
0A61FA5A-5DDA-4D9B-A487-C83DD6DFF5C1.thumb.jpeg.646cf507a7a17617e553accc7e514a36.jpeg

9 hours ago, Tonik said:

Finally rode it.

IMG_20200308_120323.jpg

Are those the Rivco aero pegs?

New Michilin Commander 3s and new Highway Bars for the Injun today. Give it the old first of the year look over tomorrow then the Connie gets some love.

20200308_154318.jpg

20200308_150155.jpg

20200308_145349.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

53 minutes ago, what said:

Rode it. Crashed it. Rode it some more.

Sprained ankle though. Can't walk on it but I can drag knee. 😂

Huh

15 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Are those the Rivco aero pegs?

Yes. I am happy with them, they don't drag in the corners. So far they are the only ones for our bikes that don't....as far as I am aware. They take getting used to as they spread your legs out a bit more because they mount so wide. Not as comfortable as the pegs I am used to but they are good.

You can try them on mine, just be careful as blue is far faster than red.

Edited by Tonik
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Huh

Found a foot position on the peg that wasn't too painful so I got a few sessions in after the crash/sprain. I can't walk on it or put much weight on it at all. It's actually probably going to end up being a pretty bad one. Will have to see how it feels tomorrow.